Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-11-10, 15:15)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-10, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]2. It can be done but it wont ever be in the settings. Add the following line to the top of 1080i/Home.xml after <window>
Code:
<onload>Skin.SetBool(home.simple.fade)</onload>
Nervernmind, I don't want to modify your skin because, the mod will be erased in the next update, am I right ?

You can make a copy of the skin folder, and alter the new skin's addon.xml file so that XBMC sees it as a different skin.
Then any changes you make wont be overwritten when the official skin is updated (but of course your copy of the skin wont be updated either).

I do this, and make a note of what changes I've made to the skin.
Then when the skin is updated, I make a new copy and apply my changes. A little tedious, but if you don't have many changes to apply it's pretty quick.
(2013-11-10, 10:27)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Latest update is great, I had 1 bug o report from previously but it's gone Smile so thumbs up to that!

I see someone mentioning buttons, please don't add buttons to this skin, at least without n option to disable.
it's so clean, we have a power button available by pressing "down" on settings, it's hidden, easy to get to, simple and clean.

I think the less buttons the better, like a clean view, and panels home screen is very clean, love film view is super sexy and clean and I'd hate to see buttons everywhere Sad

I still use the medium osd as that is just so beautiful, so please don't ever remove that Smile however it seems the clock is slight off when using that view in music (I think it's called tabbed now) nod the clock looks like its in the incorrect place compared to when displayed watching a movie.

Thanks again,
This is gorgeous!

I agree, I love the clean look, more buttons will only add cludder
Hi Everybody,

Each time i get to know the skin better i love it more and more.
But the questions start popping up also.

For instance,

I found the option to enable a different widget for the favorites, system and program panels but I can only choose from system info, weather and movie panel.

Is there a way of tweaking this? I would like to have a widget in the favorites area with the next aired episodes whatching (one for movies one for TV shows) etc. and under programs I would love to be able to use a separate wifget.
Now if I enable the weather for favorites it is enabled for programs also.

So I guess the overall question would be if it is possible to tweka the skin so it is possible to adjust the widgets showed in each section when you select it (not when you click it) ?
(2013-11-08, 23:35)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-08, 18:07)d_hero Wrote: [ -> ]just want to add my love for this skin, ive been using it as default for a while now, and its great. But i wondered if I was missing something. When i change the theme in Appearance to Dark or Carbon Ocean etc, I cant see any difference, nothing seems to change. Is there something im missing or should i be doing something differently?
You have to change it to what you want then wait a couple of seconds for it to enable (don't press back or go to another menu).

I'm having the same problem. I wait, the screen/skin flickers to reload, but nothing has changed. Browsing the skin its all still the same. Would love to test Dark out too.
I love this skin more and more.

I do want to ask, does anyone have an issue with XBMC crashing when they try to watch a trailer? They seem to play fine in other skins. I am using the Mac version of XBMC.
(2013-11-10, 10:27)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]I see someone mentioning buttons, please don't add buttons to this skin, at least without n option to disable.
it's so clean, we have a power button available by pressing "down" on settings, it's hidden, easy to get to, simple and clean.

I still use the medium osd as that is just so beautiful, so please don't ever remove that Smile however it seems the clock is slight off when using that view in music (I think it's called tabbed now) nod the clock looks like its in the incorrect place compared to when displayed watching a movie.
The power button would only be for simple home and in the spot where the profile info goes and only shown if profile pic is turned off.

I'll have a look at music osd -- I think its just a left over from the old music osd info where I forgot to change the alignment to match video osd.

(2013-11-10, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]2. It can be done but it wont ever be in the settings. Add the following line to the top of 1080i/Home.xml after <window>
Code:
<onload>Skin.SetBool(home.simple.fade)</onload>
Nervernmind, I don't want to modify your skin because, the mod will be erased in the next update, am I right ?

(2013-11-10, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]7. This is how it is supposed to work - when enabled it shows the clearlogo if available, otherwise it falls back to the title in the theme font. If the option is disabled then nothing is shown here. To show clearlogos you must use artwork downloader to scan them to your library.

So, it only works with artwork downloader ? All my tvshows have clearart and logo in their own folder and it does not appear while the option is enabled only the title in the theme font. Indeed, if the optioin is disabled, nothing is shown.

(2) -- The setting only needs to be set once, then it is remembered by xbmc so it doesn't matter if that line is removed after it is set for the skin. Just put that line in and restart xbmc and the setting will be set.

(7) -- You just need to use Artwork Downloader to scan the local files into the library. Go to Artwork Downloader configuration (Addons > Program Addons > Artwork Downloader > Configure" -- then goto the "advanced" section and enable "use local files" then run Artwork Downloader to scan them to the library.

(2013-11-10, 22:10)Ferno Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way of tweaking this? I would like to have a widget in the favorites area with the next aired episodes whatching (one for movies one for TV shows) etc. and under programs I would love to be able to use a separate wifget.
Now if I enable the weather for favorites it is enabled for programs also.
Not currently. However there will be options to do this in the future.
(2013-11-12, 03:30)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Not currently. However there will be options to do this in the future.

Great!

Cant wait for it! This skin is getting better and better. I am not trying any other skin, I found my default XBMC skin!
Hello there,

I have a little question. Where can i access the quick nav menu?
Normally on other skins it goes 2 steps to the left to access?
And is there a way to controll the music in home screen? There are no controlls. Is this normal?
Love this skin, very great views and speed getting better and better.
Go on

Greetz Stealth
(2013-11-14, 08:52)StealthDefender Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there,

I have a little question. Where can i access the quick nav menu?
Normally on other skins it goes 2 steps to the left to access?
And is there a way to controll the music in home screen? There are no controlls. Is this normal?
Love this skin, very great views and speed getting better and better.
Go on

Greetz Stealth

Press "m" on the keyboard. With this you can control music too.
I was wondering what the question marks logo is for on the homescreen. How should I get rid of it?

Btw, I just discovered the onscreen OSD in the settings, it looks beautiful, great job!
I am using a remote....?

Greetz Stealth
Whatever key is mapped to m then
(2013-11-15, 01:27)StealthDefender Wrote: [ -> ]I am using a remote....?

Greetz Stealth

Look into your remote.xml keymap and change the behavior of one key to XBMC.ActivateWindow(PlayerControls)
I was searching this yesterday too and luckily found it in the XBOX 360 Controller keymap Smile
Cheers
(2013-11-15, 01:19)doktrjones Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering what the question marks logo is for on the homescreen. How should I get rid of it?

Btw, I just discovered the onscreen OSD in the settings, it looks beautiful, great job!

Look for clear art. with the artwork downloader.
(2013-11-12, 03:30)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-10, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]7. This is how it is supposed to work - when enabled it shows the clearlogo if available, otherwise it falls back to the title in the theme font. If the option is disabled then nothing is shown here. To show clearlogos you must use artwork downloader to scan them to your library.

So, it only works with artwork downloader ? All my tvshows have clearart and logo in their own folder and it does not appear while the option is enabled only the title in the theme font. Indeed, if the optioin is disabled, nothing is shown.

(7) -- You just need to use Artwork Downloader to scan the local files into the library. Go to Artwork Downloader configuration (Addons > Program Addons > Artwork Downloader > Configure" -- then goto the "advanced" section and enable "use local files" then run Artwork Downloader to scan them to the library.

Arf... It doesn't work at all. Artwork downloader can't find my local logos and cleararts.

Maybe their names are wrong ? in my folders, they are named "logo" and "clearart"

Edit : It works. I disabled all other artwork but logo and all my local logos are now in my library