Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-11-15, 08:55)Smobbo Wrote: [ -> ]Look for clear art. with the artwork downloader.

Thanks that did the trick
(2013-11-16, 02:02)doktrjones Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-15, 08:55)Smobbo Wrote: [ -> ]Look for clear art. with the artwork downloader.

Thanks that did the trick

Also look in skin.arctic/extras/widgets/ in xbmc's addons folder. The files no-musiclogo.png and no-videologo.png are the fallback images for when no clearlogo is available. You can change these to whatever you want to replace the question marks with.
I just found out the following.
When using extrafanart, if a movie or tv show does not have extrafanart, it shows the fanart of the previous show/movie when browsing.
Can you implement the new method Gotham uses to download subs? (latest nightlies no longer uses script.xbmc.subtitles).
See this thread for more info.

new syntax:
"<onclick>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</onclick>"
(2013-11-18, 10:15)Myrddraal Wrote: [ -> ]I just found out the following.
When using extrafanart, if a movie or tv show does not have extrafanart, it shows the fanart of the previous show/movie when browsing.
It shouldn't do... I just tested with a show without extrafanart and it doesn't happen for me, it just shows the single fanart for that tvshow (or the global background if there is no fanart at all). Do you have the global background pointed at a fanart directory by any chance? Perhaps that is what you are seeing.

(2013-11-18, 11:08)FREAKJAM Wrote: [ -> ]Can you implement the new method Gotham uses to download subs? (latest nightlies no longer uses script.xbmc.subtitles).
See this thread for more info.

new syntax:
"<onclick>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</onclick>"
Thanks for the heads-up -- I will be working on Gotham changes over the next two months now that there should be a feature freeze. From what I can tell, there is an entirely new Subtitles window to code (DialogSubtitles.xml) -- so I wont be able to add the new method to the osd button until I actually code that window... From what I read it is hopefully really only a rename of the old subtitles script xml.

For everyone interested about Gotham support: I'm waiting for the November monthly build to come out to start proper work on Gotham changes because this should be the last monthly version to contain new features.
@Everyone

In the search to simplify the osd options a bit I've been working on merging the best features of offset and tabbed into one. IMO Tabbed benefits are its modular design, simplified seekbar option, tabbed style, wider area for info; whilst offset has the advantage of having the controls, seekbar and info all in the same area of the screen. I think I have finally come up with something that combines the advantages of both, whilst also improving stylistically. I haven't made the update to git yet as I would like to hear everyone's opinions on this. Here's some screenshots:

OSD + Seekbar:

Pressing UP from OSD -- with clearlogo option enabled.

Pressing INFO -- with clearlogo option disabled.

Seekbar:

Also, when the info is show it checks the option in 'Settings > Video > Library > Show plot for unwatched items'. If enabled, pressing UP twice from the osd shows the plot
Ir like it, but... where is CD-art?
Jurial, will you give the option to go full width?
@ferent -- disc art will be behind the poster on its left side.

@hoopsdavis -- yeah there will be a radio button setting to extend the panel out to the full width of the screen.
i'm digging the new look for the most part. i don't particularly like how there is a gap between the seekbar and the info. i also think the info section could be slightly larger to accommodate a slightly bigger poster. that said i almost never pull the info up during playback so it's not a huge deal to me either way. i definitely like having the video/audio/sub/etc controls on the lower portion of the screen rather than the upper.
With regards to the OSD screens, of course they look nice. But as always I'm opposed to the plot being in there that prominently. IMO plot is a device to preselect a video, but once it's running you don't spend time reading what you are watching right now. On top of that there's the spoiler factor.

I would tighten the OSD buttons so that they align with the width of the seekbar.
(2013-11-19, 04:26)furii Wrote: [ -> ]i'm digging the new look for the most part. i don't particularly like how there is a gap between the seekbar and the info. i also think the info section could be slightly larger to accommodate a slightly bigger poster.

Quite the opposite for me, I like the gap and a bigger poster would take up to much of the screen.
I'm using the nightly Gotham but as of the 14nth I stopped updating because it made you're skin unusable, the enter button stopped working on starting any file.
So I'm happy to see you're starting to work on Gotham support. Smile
Thnx for the great skin.
I'm in 2 minds about the new design. On the one hand I love it, on the other hand, I believe that the current "tabbed" osd is pure perfection and should not be tinkered with.

Everything about the current "tabbed" view is just right, and while I like the new design, I do hope it's not a replacement to the current "tabbed" view.

For me, "tabbed" osd is one of those things that is so right, it can be forgotten about from now on, it's perfect and needs no modifications.

This new view is great, But if it were to replace tabbed, I think we would be losing out to one of the best osd's available Smile
I personally like the existing "tabbed" design.
id prefer moving to something like the below. it allows most if not all the info to be present if the OSD is up in a slightly bigger presentation that uses the space better. the red boxes are where the osd buttons need to be. it also gives plenty of space for movie plots without having them to scroll forever.