Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-11-20, 06:43)deletedpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]I personally like the existing "tabbed" design.

+1
IMO it's a absolutely perfect... Don't really like the new OSD from the screenshots
(2013-11-08, 03:07)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-07, 21:34)xecutionx Wrote: [ -> ]Any progress on the PseudoTV skin?
Now that I've got the osd mostly sorted out in terms of being consistent, I should have some free time to work a bit more on the pseudotv skin. Expect something in the next couple of weeks Wink

appearently, the OSD got reworked another two times since then Tongue

i'm adding a "quiet" +1 to the PseudoTV ... and leave the OSD pls ;-) for two reasons :

a) the OSD looks fine as it is (it was supposed to be minimalistic, as you made it sound at the beginning ... if you overdo it, it's everything but that)
b) the OSD plays a side-role in the usage of XBMC (once you start watching something, you'll mostly be watching it, period)

What you browse through while you're looking for something to watch, is MUCH more relevant (on PseudoTV that would be EPG view)

(2013-11-20, 10:33)el_cabong Wrote: [ -> ]id prefer moving to something like the below. it allows most if not all the info to be present if the OSD is up in a slightly bigger presentation that uses the space better. the red boxes are where the osd buttons need to be. it also gives plenty of space for movie plots without having them to scroll forever.

that's not where the OSD buttons are on my view ?
what resolution are you using ?
echo the sentiments of everyone else regarding the tabbed OSD. It is perfection.
@m404

i edited the osd in the skin slightly, but couldnt figure out where the code was to move the OSD buttons.. it was late last night, and just wanted a mock up of my thoughts on OSD, so my pic above is not standard, its a (not completed) modified version of the "small" or "offset" style OSD.

The main thing i like about my mock up, is the plot is always visible, whether bringing up the OSD buttons (enter), or pressing the "i" button. to me, it doesnt matter if the OSD takes up a little more screen space, as its only up if i want/need the info currently, and i like it all the info being up at once, not having to press up or down to get different info from a half size OSD. I know this is opposed to some of your minimal thoughts, but just throwing the idea to see if anyone had the same thought.
Please help me!
Where I can find shutdown menu with timer?
(2013-11-20, 21:43)Sir_Lyoshyk Wrote: [ -> ]Please help me!

On my harmony touch choice exit
A menu appears on the left
Than choice system shutdown
Then arrow
hi, is there a chance to get the skin working at a small atv2?
(2013-11-20, 23:28)sling Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-20, 21:43)Sir_Lyoshyk Wrote: [ -> ]Please help me!

On my harmony touch choice exit
A menu appears on the left
Than choice system shutdown
Then arrow

Terrific! : D
I think that there must be a sign or something like that... I would never have guessed that it is done this way.
Agree
I also found it by chance
(2013-11-19, 01:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-18, 10:15)Myrddraal Wrote: [ -> ]I just found out the following.
When using extrafanart, if a movie or tv show does not have extrafanart, it shows the fanart of the previous show/movie when browsing.
It shouldn't do... I just tested with a show without extrafanart and it doesn't happen for me, it just shows the single fanart for that tvshow (or the global background if there is no fanart at all). Do you have the global background pointed at a fanart directory by any chance? Perhaps that is what you are seeing.

I don't know why but it is still happening. My global background is pointed to a different folder that does not contain any fanart.
The Myrddraal's situation is also happening on my system.
Still trying to see if there is any pattern, as it only happens every so often.
@Myrddraal @flxisboa
Are all your tvshows / films in their own folders -- e.g. /Films/Terminator 2/Terminator 2.avi --
And all extrafanart folders inside those folders -- e.g. /Films/Terminator 2/extrafanart
And no errant extrafanart folders elsewhere -- e.g. /Films/extranfart **this might cause problems**

The only other thing I can think of is sometimes the fanart takes a little while to load so the previous fanart remains showing. If you can find any sort of pattern to when its happening, then let me know and I'll see if I can fix it -- as I said, I can't reproduce it so it makes it difficult to fix
Hi @jurialmunkey

I've detected two bugs:
1. If I have a video added to Favourites and I haven't finished to watch it, when I click on it from the Home panel, a menu without format appears in front of the fav.

2. In music, if I press Info directly in a song, the info panel is transparent and hard to read it.

Thanks!
(2013-11-26, 00:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@Myrddraal @flxisboa
Are all your tvshows / films in their own folders -- e.g. /Films/Terminator 2/Terminator 2.avi --
And all extrafanart folders inside those folders -- e.g. /Films/Terminator 2/extrafanart
And no errant extrafanart folders elsewhere -- e.g. /Films/extranfart **this might cause problems**

The only other thing I can think of is sometimes the fanart takes a little while to load so the previous fanart remains showing. If you can find any sort of pattern to when its happening, then let me know and I'll see if I can fix it -- as I said, I can't reproduce it so it makes it difficult to fix

Thanks. That kind of worked. I realised not all my movies were inside a different folder, and I had an extrafanart folder with a mix of different fanarts. Now it is only happening with video addons. After showing the fanart of the current tv show in the video addon, I am getting the fanart of the latest show / movie selected on the library.
(2013-11-26, 16:49)Myrddraal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-26, 00:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@Myrddraal @flxisboa

Thanks. That kind of worked. I realised not all my movies were inside a different folder, and I had an extrafanart folder with a mix of different fanarts. Now it is only happening with video addons. After showing the fanart of the current tv show in the video addon, I am getting the fanart of the latest show / movie selected on the library.

You need to edit the visible contiditions of the extrafanart.
Go to Includes_WindowContents.xml and change line 358 from

Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideFanart) + ![Skin.HasSetting(BackgroundVideo) + Player.HasVideo] + !Window.IsActive(favourites) + [[Skin.HasSetting(tvshows.use.extrafanart) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]] | [Skin.HasSetting(movies.use.extrafanart) + Container.Content(movies)] | [Skin.HasSetting(music.use.extrafanart) + [Container.Content(albums) | Container.Content(artists) | Container.Content(songs)]]]</visible>

to

Code:
<visible>!SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin://) + System.IdleTime(1.4) + !Skin.HasSetting(HideFanart) + ![Skin.HasSetting(BackgroundVideo) + Player.HasVideo] + !Window.IsActive(favourites) + [[Skin.HasSetting(tvshows.use.extrafanart) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]] | [Skin.HasSetting(movies.use.extrafanart) + Container.Content(movies)] | [Skin.HasSetting(music.use.extrafanart) + [Container.Content(albums) | Container.Content(artists) | Container.Content(songs)]]]</visible>

I also added a wait of 1.4 seconds for the extrafanart to be displayed as I think it makes the navigation a little bit more fluid when using extrafanart.
You can just remove it if you don't feel comfortable with it.