Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@paul Salem - I literally had just added the fix for plugins to git as you posted. Thanks for the System.IdleTime tip, it does make navigation much smoother - however, it does make the extrafanart loading less smooth. Edit: System.IdleTime by itself defeats the purpose of extrafanart in seasons or episode views because each time you scroll it resets the slideshow of extrafanart (because the system is no longer idle) -- fixed it with a condition of
Code:
[System.IdleTime(1.4) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(songs)]

Also, System.IdleTime caused occasional issues when changing to a different show / movie and the previous extrafanart briefly flashing up before it faded to the next fanart. Fixed this with a delayed visible fade to give it time to change before showing.
Code:
<animation type="Visible">
    <effect type="slide" start="0" end="0" time="1400"/>
    <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" delay="800" time="600"/>
</animation>

@ferent - if you are talking about song info in "panel list" view then it should be fixed in the latest git. I've still got to do an actual song info screen - at the moment it just reroutes to the album info screen (music section in general needs a little bit of work). I see what you are saying about favourites... this one has me stumped - I can't think of a way to fix this without completely changing the style of the favourites context menu. I'll look into it.
(2013-11-27, 01:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@paul Salem - I literally had just added the fix for plugins to git as you posted. Thanks for the System.IdleTime tip, it does make navigation much smoother - however, it does make the extrafanart loading less smooth. Edit: System.IdleTime by itself defeats the purpose of extrafanart in seasons or episode views because each time you scroll it resets the slideshow of extrafanart (because the system is no longer idle) -- fixed it with a condition of
Code:
[System.IdleTime(1.4) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(songs)]

Also, System.IdleTime caused occasional issues when changing to a different show / movie and the previous extrafanart briefly flashing up before it faded to the next fanart. Fixed this with a delayed visible fade to give it time to change before showing.
Code:
</animation>

@ferent - if you are talking about song info in "panel list" view then it should be fixed in the latest git. I've still got to do an actual song info screen - at the moment it just reroutes to the album info screen (music section in general needs a little bit of work). I see what you are saying about favourites... this one has me stumped - I can't think of a way to fix this without completely changing the style of the favourites context menu. I'll look into it.

Great, that was pretty neat Jurial Smile
Will we get this in an update through the WIP-repository soon? I'm using your skin on a raspberry pi and in the movie and tv show library the skin is using almost 90-99% of the CPU...
(2013-11-27, 01:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@ferent - if you are talking about song info in "panel list" view then it should be fixed in the latest git. I've still got to do an actual song info screen - at the moment it just reroutes to the album info screen (music section in general needs a little bit of work). I see what you are saying about favourites... this one has me stumped - I can't think of a way to fix this without completely changing the style of the favourites context menu. I'll look into it.
Perfect, thanks jurial!!
Before I download the new version, can I confirm that we still have the "tabbed" osd for movies etc Smile
@dnuc -- that change only matters if you use extrafanart (enabled in view options from the menu that slides out from the left). On a rpi you are better off just not enabling this option at all as it adds quite a bit of overhead.

@PatrickBateman -- yep, its still there Wink -- the new style replaces offset. The only visible change to tabbed is that the osd controls are now at the bottom of the screen with the seekbar. There are a few "under the hood" improvements to it (e.g. when the osd is up you can press 'info' on the remote and it will show the info in the same way that pressing 'up' would -- this actually required significant underlying changes to achieve...). Also, the full-width osd/info returns (its a separate option now that also works for the new offset style).
Awesome!
I came for the skin, and stayed for that tabbed osd.
It's so comfortable, I would have stayed on the current version if had gone Sad
Glad to see it's still there Smile

I'll check out the new version and see how it goes. Quick question though, previously I would press info (mapped on my remote) to bring up the OSD this would bring up the "tabbed" osd I would then press "up" to see the description (if required) and then I'd press info again to close the osd.

If pressing info now brings up osd, and pressing it again brings up the description, how do we close it?

I did notice a small bug in the OSD when using pass through audio. If you use pass through and press the volume button, the notification "pass through audio in use" appears, however it overlaps the volume images and gets garbled/messy. This could likey be fixed by just reducing the text to read "pass through" or similar and dropping the "audio in use"

Thanks again for this beautiful skin, I'll check out the changes and report back Smile
@PatrickBateman -- I'll have a look at passthrough audio, shouldn't be too hard to fix - I just don't use it myself so I always forget to check how it looks. re: osd -- everything still works exactly the same as before regarding pressing up/down, I just meant that when the controls (play, pause, skip etc.) are on the screen you can now press "info" to switch over from the controls to the info (you couldn't do this before).
(2013-11-27, 22:43)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@PatrickBateman -- yep, its still there Wink -- the new style replaces offset. The only visible change to tabbed is that the osd controls are now at the bottom of the screen with the seekbar. There are a few "under the hood" improvements to it (e.g. when the osd is up you can press 'info' on the remote and it will show the info in the same way that pressing 'up' would -- this actually required significant underlying changes to achieve...). Also, the full-width osd/info returns (its a separate option now that also works for the new offset style).

Other visible change is the position of the chapter information, not sure if this was intended Jurial but it's in the same position as offset on the right hand side next to the start and finish time, whereas it was previously positioned on the left hand side.
(2013-11-28, 01:06)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]Other visible change is the position of the chapter information, not sure if this was intended Jurial but it's in the same position as offset on the right hand side next to the start and finish time, whereas it was previously positioned on the left hand side.

Ah yeah I forgot about that one. Now that the space isn't needed for the controls it can go on either side. Wondering what everyone's opinion is on this - I'm open to changing it back to being on the left side by itself if that's what most people prefer...

VS...

I like the second one with the chapters on the left.

Also is it possible to have it floating, you had the volume working that way but you changed it back to being attached to the top of the screen. Can you have the small menu items at the top float?
I prefer the chapters on the left as well.
After seeing them side by side I think I agree, will make the change.

@hoopsdavis -- whether the top items were floating was tied to what osd type was being used (i.e. offset/onscreen had the floating items). What I want to do is make it selectable as a separate option - I'm just figuring out how to rearrange and split up the osd options so that they all fit etc.
(2013-11-27, 00:38)Paul Salem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-26, 16:49)Myrddraal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-26, 00:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@Myrddraal @flxisboa
Are all your tvshows / films in their own folders -- e.g. /Films/Terminator 2/Terminator 2.avi --
And all extrafanart folders inside those folders -- e.g. /Films/Terminator 2/extrafanart
And no errant extrafanart folders elsewhere -- e.g. /Films/extranfart **this might cause problems**

The only other thing I can think of is sometimes the fanart takes a little while to load so the previous fanart remains showing. If you can find any sort of pattern to when its happening, then let me know and I'll see if I can fix it -- as I said, I can't reproduce it so it makes it difficult to fix

Thanks. That kind of worked. I realised not all my movies were inside a different folder, and I had an extrafanart folder with a mix of different fanarts. Now it is only happening with video addons. After showing the fanart of the current tv show in the video addon, I am getting the fanart of the latest show / movie selected on the library.

You need to edit the visible contiditions of the extrafanart.
Go to Includes_WindowContents.xml and change line 358 from

Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideFanart) + ![Skin.HasSetting(BackgroundVideo) + Player.HasVideo] + !Window.IsActive(favourites) + [[Skin.HasSetting(tvshows.use.extrafanart) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]] | [Skin.HasSetting(movies.use.extrafanart) + Container.Content(movies)] | [Skin.HasSetting(music.use.extrafanart) + [Container.Content(albums) | Container.Content(artists) | Container.Content(songs)]]]</visible>

to

Code:
<visible>!SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin://) + System.IdleTime(1.4) + !Skin.HasSetting(HideFanart) + ![Skin.HasSetting(BackgroundVideo) + Player.HasVideo] + !Window.IsActive(favourites) + [[Skin.HasSetting(tvshows.use.extrafanart) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]] | [Skin.HasSetting(movies.use.extrafanart) + Container.Content(movies)] | [Skin.HasSetting(music.use.extrafanart) + [Container.Content(albums) | Container.Content(artists) | Container.Content(songs)]]]</visible>

I also added a wait of 1.4 seconds for the extrafanart to be displayed as I think it makes the navigation a little bit more fluid when using extrafanart.
You can just remove it if you don't feel comfortable with it.

(2013-11-27, 01:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@paul Salem - I literally had just added the fix for plugins to git as you posted. Thanks for the System.IdleTime tip, it does make navigation much smoother - however, it does make the extrafanart loading less smooth. Edit: System.IdleTime by itself defeats the purpose of extrafanart in seasons or episode views because each time you scroll it resets the slideshow of extrafanart (because the system is no longer idle) -- fixed it with a condition of
Code:

Code:
</animation>

wow, what a collaborative effort. Thanks a lot guys, I just tried git version and it works now like a charm.
Nice to find you posting here Paul, hope things are going well.
(2013-11-27, 23:58)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@PatrickBateman -- I'll have a look at passthrough audio, shouldn't be too hard to fix - I just don't use it myself so I always forget to check how it looks. re: osd -- everything still works exactly the same as before regarding pressing up/down, I just meant that when the controls (play, pause, skip etc.) are on the screen you can now press "info" to switch over from the controls to the info (you couldn't do this before).

Fantastic.
Thanks for the info/updates. I'm looking forward to testing the new version soon, I too like the chapters on the left Smile