Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-12-27, 03:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-27, 03:04)Lukas Wrote: [ -> ]b) are there plans to implement playlist on start-up later on (maybe a nice-to have feature for just a few users, I know) and if yes; will it be possible to execute the playlist before loading the homescreen?

I had never really thought about this. Definitely will add an option to play a video on startup as I can see a lot of uses for it. Would that suffice or do you need an actual playlist to run? Shouldn't be that much more difficult to add, but will start testing with just a video for starters... edit: actually, I think the code would be the same

Don't know about the skin, but fyi;

It doesn't matter in autoexec.py; it works with .m3u and .m2ts or .avi
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("PlayMedia(R:\\System\\XBMC\\dolby.m2ts)")
or
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("PlayMedia(R:\\System\\XBMC\\userdata\\playlists\\dolby.m3u)")
both work.

Thnx

Lukas
(2013-12-27, 03:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]I always find seasons tricky to make views for. I'm going to be adding a specific view to banner list for seasons that shows the poster instead of fanart and season based info instead of plot.

Personally I use wide banner for my seasons with season specific banners -- a lot of shows don't have them so I just make my own by adding some big text to the banner art that says "Season One" etc. -- its a bit of a pain, but IMO banners are by far the best type of artwork for seasons and its a real shame that more of them aren't made.

100% agree Wink I`m having a hard time deciding in my standard season skin. My problem is, I really don`t like to have the plot displayed, which 99% is the same plot as the show on the previous page.
But even with season based information (great idea btw), most of the time there is just no specific information for a season.

I`m fine with the season poster, which is available for almost all of my shows, and I love your new backpanel feature which is the best view for episodes Cool
One request as I am using "Info list" or "Low list" (or some other views) with backpanel, would it be a good idea to use the season poster instead of the regular/standard poster?
It`s a little bit disturbing as it jumps from TV Show > Season (season poster) > Episode (standard/all season poster), which would make more sense if e.g. browsing S09 episodes, the S09 poster would be displayed next to the thumb? What do you think? Wink

Also, does the indicator on the right does anything special? At the moment it opens the same option pane as on the left.

(2013-12-26, 23:17)Smobbo Wrote: [ -> ]JM, I just noticed that the clock in panel view disappears when you're browsing in the widget.
In simple view the clock stays present, which I find very handy ('do I have time for 1 more show? Let's see what time it is...')
Could you perhaps reposition the clock to the upper right corner?

EDIT: I think I just noticed a small bug, in panel view without the backdrop it doesn't show unwatched for shows that aren't selected. When you enable the new backdrop it does show them. It used to always show the unwatched number (which is very convenient!).
Yeah can't really move it anywhere else. Top right is used by now playing, volume etc. -- also dont want it moving around the screen - the fundamental principle with the skin was keeping the surrounding "furniture" consistent -- i.e. info tags, logo and clock at the bottom and view header and now playing/tv next aired at the top. I know its a little annoying but I don't think its too hard to quickly press up to check the time then back down onto the widget.

Fixed the panel view in latest git (will be in repo in a few days time once I've finished a couple of other things).

Thanks for the reply!
I really like the fact that the furniture is consistent, this helps make the screen stay calm and clean instead of cluttered Smile !
If I ever figure out a nice way to make the clock visible I'll let you know, I use simple view anyway so it doesn't really bother me Wink

I also noticed that when using a long named scraper (like universal movie scraper) it doesn't fit in the top right corner. Can this be widened or maybe use a smaller font? I think it's rhe only time something doesn't fit Wink.

(2013-12-27, 08:47)unspeakable_x Wrote: [ -> ]Also, does the indicator on the right does anything special? At the moment it opens the same option pane as on the left.

It's the scroll indicator.
Press right once to let it light up and the with up and down you drop one page instead of one line.
Hi Jurial, I want only to say: thanks for make me happy with this great skin. I just made a donation by Pledgie
(2013-12-26, 13:10)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]The new back panels are just awesome. Looks fantastic and the great improvement of readability on info list viewBig Grin
Great job on that one Jurial!

I'd like suggest that you replace the display of the year (below the movie title in info strip view and left to the genres in info list view) with the duration. Guess that would fit quite nicely plus there is additional info without further clutter
Thanks Smile

Usually I'm not one for repeating info but I do find the year useful when browsing movies using a view that displays quite a few items. It is useful when distinguishing between similar items -- for instance movies with remakes like Lolita or Total Recall, I can immediately tell which one is the original and which one the remake. Its also useful with sequels - say something like Rambo, Aliens or Star Wars, you can immediately see which one is the first one etc. Also with info strip/wall, the width of the label isn't really wide enough to display "110 minutes" -- I more just added the year because there was space for three lines of text and most titles only run over two lines. I think what might be a better idea is to have a condition for those views to put the duration down in the infotags where the year goes -- although I'm not a fan of info moving around either... I'll have to think a bit more about this one.

Yeah okay i get what you're saying. Would be great if you'd come up with something if not i'm fine as well, will just press info thenBig Grin Not that big of a deal.
I have a question concerning Audio OSD. When I select "slideshow" as visualization. How does that one exactly work? It obviously searches the internet for fanart, but does it download it? I don't think so because when I restart my machine it has to download the fanarts again (background is black a couple of seconds). Is it possible to have something like a fanart slideshow? So i can download the fanart myself and have it slide in the background? Right now the "fanart" mode just uses the one fanart I assigned the artist but it ignores additional fanart I have stored in an extrafanart folder for an artist.
(2013-12-26, 16:24)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to add a windows icon to the default icons folder ?
If someone makes it for me I'll add it in. I'd rather spend my free time working on the skin than making icons. You can always add your own icons to the skin.arctic/extras/icons folder (that's where they are stored).

Here it is !

hi jurialmunkey
I like this skin but I have a problem I prefer to use the arial based font like in confusion is it possible you add this font to appearance options plz .
I don't know if this is a bug, or if I have something set up wrong. I have extrafanarts turned on, but for shows that don't have any it will cycle between the main fan art for said show and extrafanart for whatever previous show I had selected before.

Also, would an option be feasible to turn off Next Aired info for shows that have been canceled? Listing the last episode and that it was canceled on a long ended show feels odd.
(2013-12-26, 14:27)ferent Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial will you add support for the new TvTunes? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178704
It should still work (it works on mine). Make sure its enabled in "Skin settings > addons". I pushed an update to git that should allow it to work for movie sets as well (it previously was set to only work for tvshows).
@jurialmunkey: in such case, may I ask if you could please confirm 'Artic' has got full support for the new TvTunes by posting in its skin updates thread where skinners are confirming support; this way we would be able to update the wiki to show 'Arctic' as one of the supported skins for TvTunes.

As a Christmas gift, would it be possible for 'Artic' to integrate the hooks to support the new VideoExtras as well? That would be terrific!

Thanks for the beautiful work you've done on this skin by the way!

@ferent: have you tested the new update? if so, can you please confirm it's working OK? You should now be able to listen to the music themes as you hover on the movies whilst browsing the movie library. You should also be able to search and download movie themes from the Information pane of the movie. Multi-theme support has also been included, as well as a new 'Theme' folder where you can place the themes, and many other features. Thanks!
(2013-12-27, 03:04)Lukas Wrote: [ -> ]are there plans to implement playlist on start-up later on (maybe a nice-to have feature for just a few users, I know) and if yes; will it be possible to execute the playlist before loading the homescreen?
I'm pretty sure I have this working properly now. Just testing it today and then I'll push it to git.

(2013-12-27, 08:47)unspeakable_x Wrote: [ -> ]One request as I am using "Info list" or "Low list" (or some other views) with backpanel, would it be a good idea to use the season poster instead of the regular/standard poster?
In Frodo (not sure about Gotham but I think its the same) the season posters are only available to skins at the season level and in the video info screen. I want to avoid calling local artwork files (as opposed to database artwork) as much as possible. The xbmc skinning engine provides no easy way to check whether or not a file exists so it just causes all sorts of problems to use local files (look at the constant problems people report about extrafanart which I can't reproduce myself).

(2013-12-27, 10:38)Smobbo Wrote: [ -> ]I also noticed that when using a long named scraper (like universal movie scraper) it doesn't fit in the top right corner. Can this be widened or maybe use a smaller font? I think it's rhe only time something doesn't fit.
Yeah I've noticed in some spots it needs to be wider, but just haven't got around to testing all the different variations etc.

(2013-12-27, 12:00)ferent Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jurial, I want only to say: thanks for make me happy with this great skin. I just made a donation by Pledgie
Thanks so much!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(2013-12-27, 12:15)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question concerning Audio OSD. When I select "slideshow" as visualization. How does that one exactly work? It obviously searches the internet for fanart, but does it download it? I don't think so because when I restart my machine it has to download the fanarts again (background is black a couple of seconds). Is it possible to have something like a fanart slideshow? So i can download the fanart myself and have it slide in the background? Right now the "fanart" mode just uses the one fanart I assigned the artist but it ignores additional fanart I have stored in an extrafanart folder for an artist.
Have a look at the addon settings for "Artist Slideshow" (program addons) -- thats the addon used for the slideshow viz. There are options to use local files first etc.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...n_settings

(2013-12-27, 12:39)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-27, 03:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]If someone makes it for me I'll add it in. I'd rather spend my free time working on the skin than making icons.
Here it is !
Thanks, but I should have been more specific -- it needs to follow the basic principles of the other icons. It needs to be 283 x 283 pixels, be slightly offset vertically and have a soft drop shadow. See the tv icon for instance -- https://raw.github.com/jurialmunkey/skin...ons/tv.png

(2013-12-27, 15:16)al7oumame Wrote: [ -> ]hi jurialmunkey
I like this skin but I have a problem I prefer to use the arial based font like in confusion is it possible you add this font to appearance options plz .
I'll be working on the fonts soon. You could always replace all the fonts in the fonts directory of the skin by copying the arial font and renaming it as each font.

(2013-12-27, 20:45)redhalo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if this is a bug, or if I have something set up wrong. I have extrafanarts turned on, but for shows that don't have any it will cycle between the main fan art for said show and extrafanart for whatever previous show I had selected before.

Also, would an option be feasible to turn off Next Aired info for shows that have been canceled? Listing the last episode and that it was canceled on a long ended show feels odd.
Extrafanart causes me so much grief!! I'll have a look into it but I thought I had this fixed... you could try creating an extrafanart directory for those shows which don't have extrafanart and just drop the fanart file in there, that should fix it.

Yeah I know what you mean about long cancelled shows but I don't think it is really feasible -- what if the show had only just recently been cancelled but you hadn't got the last episode yet. The skinning engine doesn't really provide a way to make a condition based upon the difference between dates and if I just made it based upon whether or not the actual episode existed in the library then you would loose the information for recently cancelled shows thus loosing the info that there isn't going to be a next season.

(2013-12-27, 22:42)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey: in such case, may I ask if you could please confirm 'Artic' has got full support for the new TvTunes by posting in its skin updates thread where skinners are confirming support; this way we would be able to update the wiki to show 'Arctic' as one of the supported skins for TvTunes.

As a Christmas gift, would it be possible for 'Artic' to integrate the hooks to support the new VideoExtras as well? That would be terrific!
Will notify about TvTunes once the recent git changes go to the wip repo (rather than just git) and I have tested it for movie sets etc.
Skin support for videoextras has been in for a while now, just not the detailed screen -- will notify them also.
(2013-12-27, 23:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-27, 22:42)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey: in such case, may I ask if you could please confirm 'Artic' has got full support for the new TvTunes by posting in its skin updates thread where skinners are confirming support; this way we would be able to update the wiki to show 'Arctic' as one of the supported skins for TvTunes.

Will notify about TvTunes once the recent git changes go to the wip repo (rather than just git) and I have tested it for movie sets etc.
Skin support for videoextras has been in for a while now, just not the detailed screen -- will notify them also.

Brilliant jurialmunkey! We'll await your announcement. There is also an optional feature that sets an overlay flag so users can easily see when a movie has video extras without going into its info pane. The code is here.
(2013-12-27, 20:45)redhalo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if this is a bug, or if I have something set up wrong. I have extrafanarts turned on, but for shows that don't have any it will cycle between the main fan art for said show and extrafanart for whatever previous show I had selected before.
Fixed it in latest git. Tracked it down to the System.IdleTime(1.4) modification that PaulSalem suggested for smoother library navigation when extrafanart is enabled. I removed that mod because I think getting the right fanart is more important since extrafanart can always be turned off if it causes navigation problems.

(2013-12-27, 03:04)Lukas Wrote: [ -> ]are there plans to implement playlist on start-up later on (maybe a nice-to have feature for just a few users, I know) and if yes; will it be possible to execute the playlist before loading the homescreen?

Its now in the latest git, seems to work pretty well -- haven't tested with a playlist (only a single video) but I imagine it shouldn't be any different.
(Skin Settings > Addons > Enable Playlist at Startup)
Awesome, that was fast.
for those that use gotham i just modify dialogsubtitle.xml to work with subtitles in artic

this is a small fix i dont had much time, i just did the changes for me, still need a lot of work

the raiting is not working **
the scrollbar is not working **

download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4eh6arjt310am...arctic.rar
(2013-12-28, 07:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

Its now in the latest git, seems to work pretty well -- haven't tested with a playlist (only a single video) but I imagine it shouldn't be any different.
(Skin Settings > Addons > Enable Playlist at Startup)

Just curious: Lukas, how do you use this feature? Could you explain your setup? I imagine XBMC starts and immediately starts a video? I wonder why you'd want this, again: just curious, maybe I'll get some ideas Smile

What I *would* love: instead of background wallpapers, be able to set a video file as 'wallpaper', and then use a small video file / loop to have shown as background... Probably will take a bit system power... Smile