Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just upgraded to Gotham and installed latest Arctic from Git.

Noticed 2 issues:
1. There is no movie-set information anymore. Also the discart doesn't show anymore in movie-sets with low-list view.
2. Playlist recent items widget doesn't work anymore. Other widgets work fine, like latest and random movies or albums.

I'm sorry if these issues aren't skin related, I'm not sure about that.
Anyway, still a great skin! Thanks again Jurial Smile

edit:
Noticed another small issue. When scrolling through 'New movies' it pops up the letter 'A, B, C, etc.' in the corner. I think this should be '1, 2, 3, etc.' instead, because 'New movies' aren't listed alphabetically?
Is there an option to have the widgets display without a delay in simple home option.
(2014-01-17, 11:52)Iceman360 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an option to have the widgets display without a delay in simple home option.

Come on!
Look exactly 2 posts above yours... It was just asked and answered!AngryConfused
Hey Jurial,

could you please re-add the audiotrack info label? (DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD etc.)
The aspect ratio flag is a nice addition but what is the point of showing the channel number insteadt of the audio track?
Or at least include an option for that?

Nice thing you did with the widget appearance. It is so smoothBig Grin Love the skin!
(2014-01-17, 11:10)Aemstel Wrote: [ -> ]Just upgraded to Gotham and installed latest Arctic from Git.

Noticed 2 issues:
1. There is no movie-set information anymore. Also the discart doesn't show anymore in movie-sets with low-list view.
2. Playlist recent items widget doesn't work anymore. Other widgets work fine, like latest and random movies or albums.

edit:
Noticed another small issue. When scrolling through 'New movies' it pops up the letter 'A, B, C, etc.' in the corner. I think this should be '1, 2, 3, etc.' instead, because 'New movies' aren't listed alphabetically?

1.- its not skin problem is complete different from Frodo much better search the wiki
2.- haven't try that my self

Your edit
Not skin problem just use shift+letter to jump to your movies
LOL @Smobbo.
(2014-01-17, 15:23)warlion Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-17, 11:10)Aemstel Wrote: [ -> ]Just upgraded to Gotham and installed latest Arctic from Git.

Noticed 2 issues:

edit:

1.- its not skin problem is complete different from Frodo much better search the wiki
2.- haven't try that my self

Your edit
Not skin problem just use shift+letter to jump to your movies

I think you misunderstood those issues.
1. Movie sets work fine, I know it's different from frodo. It's just the info that doesn't show. The text that scrolls with description of the movies in the set. Also the disc-art doesn't show anymore.

About the letters, I am not trying to reach a certain letter, it's just weird that it shows letters when scrolling if it's not an alphabetical list, For example, sort your regular movie library by date added and scroll though it fast. You will see page numbers pop up instead of letters, which is correct. This does not work correctly when going to 'New movies'.
Hi Jurial.

I have one bug to report and one request...

First, bug... when on the movie/tv/music/pictures/programs widget then you press down to select favourites, the previous widget is still visable in the background

Second, request... when pressing the new shutdown button on the main menu, what about having it pop-up the four options rather than having to scroll through the menu bar to get to them? This would be easier and free up the bar for other options to use but not sure how easy for you to implement?

Loving the changes
Hello everybody,

I've installed the skin today and it looks very good. There are enought views and the skin looks professional. There is only one problem: I dont get any discart. With Aeon Nox and MQ 5 its works very well, but not with Arctic.
I set the music path into the settings screen, but i dont see an option to enable discart. there is an file named discart.png placed in my album folders. i tried the low list and the medium view, and also the now playing screen. But i don see any discart.

So my question is: is this a bug or is the function removed (because is dont see the option in the settings dialog)
Is there anyone who can help me?

Cheers,

Alex kruidenberg

PS. sorry for my bad english but i do my best! Smile
(2014-01-17, 19:36)AlexKruidenberg Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everybody,

I've installed the skin today and it looks very good. There are enought views and the skin looks professional. There is only one problem: I dont get any discart. With Aeon Nox and MQ 5 its works very well, but not with Arctic.
I set the music path into the settings screen, but i dont see an option to enable discart. there is an file named discart.png placed in my album folders. i tried the low list and the medium view, and also the now playing screen. But i don see any discart.

So my question is: is this a bug or is the function removed (because is dont see the option in the settings dialog)

Cheers,

Alex kruidenberg

Oke then I'll try it in Dutch -Smile
nodig is de Artwork downloader.
Bij instellingen Skin moet bij Algemeen het pad ingevuld staan.
Werkt bij mijn prima.
Succes
(2014-01-17, 20:34)sling Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-17, 19:36)AlexKruidenberg Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everybody,

Cheers,

Alex kruidenberg

Oke then I'll try it in Dutch -Smile
nodig is de Artwork downloader.
Bij instellingen Skin moet bij Algemeen het pad ingevuld staan.
Werkt bij mijn prima.
Succes

Dank je wel, maar artwork downloader is alleen voor films en tv series en niet voor muziek.
(thank you, but artwork downloader is only for movies and tv series but not for music)
did you try cdart manager?
(2014-01-17, 20:55)AlexKruidenberg Wrote: [ -> ]Dank je wel, maar artwork downloader is alleen voor films en tv series en niet voor muziek.
(thank you, but artwork downloader is only for movies and tv series but not for music)

Have you tried renaming your cd-art files to cdart.png? That's what my cd-art files are named, and it works fine.
Hey, I just deleted my library and started using plexbmc instead to be able to use the Plex media server. What I did not realize before doing that is that there are very few skins that you can use to get all the perks from plexbmc.

So here comes a humble request of adding support for plexbmc so we can continue to use arctic with that addon. Or is it like impossible or something?

peace
(2014-01-17, 11:10)Aemstel Wrote: [ -> ]1. There is no movie-set information anymore. Also the discart doesn't show anymore in movie-sets with low-list view.
3. Noticed another small issue. When scrolling through 'New movies' it pops up the letter 'A, B, C, etc.' in the corner. I think this should be '1, 2, 3, etc.' instead, because 'New movies' aren't listed alphabetically?
1. This is because extended info script is broken for Gotham -- phil65 (author of the script) seems to have gone AWOL. See this post for the fix: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1561326
I will make a fork with the fix for Gotham if phil65 doesn't reappear.
2. I'm pretty sure there is also an issue with the script.randomandlastitems (used for playlist widgets) in Gotham that requires a fix. I noticed that there are a few problems with smart playlists in general for Gotham (I was noticing problems loading smart playlists for episodes with a rules based on genre that had a large number of items). It might be worth going back to Frodo if you need smart playlists
3. Unfortunately not much I can do about this one, xbmc just provides it as a info label - ListItem.SortLetter so its whatever xbmc puts into that. Definitely think this should be the case, but its an xbmc issue not a skin one.

(2014-01-17, 15:22)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]could you please re-add the audiotrack info label? (DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD etc.)
The aspect ratio flag is a nice addition but what is the point of showing the channel number insteadt of the audio track?
I have planned to reorganise the infotags to make the Studio / Rating / MPAA one a little more condensed to make room to have separate ones for both video and audio -- i.e. Resolution - Aspect - Video Codec /// Audio Channels - Audio Codec. Just still tinkering with it a bit, it will make an appearance soonish!

(2014-01-17, 18:58)blondeshanks Wrote: [ -> ]First, bug... when on the movie/tv/music/pictures/programs widget then you press down to select favourites, the previous widget is still visable in the background

Second, request... when pressing the new shutdown button on the main menu, what about having it pop-up the four options rather than having to scroll through the menu bar to get to them? This would be easier and free up the bar for other options to use but not sure how easy for you to implement?
Will fix. Forgot that the favourites show in the panel where the widgets are.

I'm planning on making the powermenu customisable, just a matter of getting around to it.

(2014-01-17, 19:36)AlexKruidenberg Wrote: [ -> ]I set the music path into the settings screen, but i dont see an option to enable discart. there is an file named discart.png placed in my album folders. i tried the low list and the medium view, and also the now playing screen. But i don see any discart.
Did you enable the "enable CD art" option just above where you set music path?

(2014-01-18, 06:21)nozomi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I just deleted my library and started using plexbmc instead to be able to use the Plex media server. What I did not realize before doing that is that there are very few skins that you can use to get all the perks from plexbmc.

So here comes a humble request of adding support for plexbmc so we can continue to use arctic with that addon. Or is it like impossible or something?
Maybe in the future but I don't have the time at the moment to setup plex and test it out etc. Would rather focus on other aspects of the skin first.