Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@alex
sorry my mistake
I meant CdArt Manager
I also use Artwork organizer
Naming is done automatically
I use for art work a separate directory on my synology.
The filename is cdart.png
To maintain the music database I use Musicbrainz Picard for the Mac.
Specify the correct paths in all addons
Settings in the skin have already been mentioned
Incidentally, I also use the addon CdArt Manager for cd covers.
@jurial
Remove line 11 and 12 from Includes_Mod_Home_Simple.xml

I have adjusted the file
It is exactly like I had previously requested.
I find this beautiful
I hope this will be an option in the future.
hello jurialmunkey,

do you mean the option lokaal weegaves )in dutch) above the option to set the music path. I think the translation is wrong then.

edit: yes this option works! the translation must be better, "like schakel cdart in"

thank you very much!

cheers,
@Jurial
If you are making changes to the infotags, I would like to add the infotag for stereoscopic (yes/no) to the list. I'm using the lovefilm view, and you can't see if the movie is 3D. Using the lists shows the label.

If you decide not to, can you please point me to the file where the infolabels are rendered, I'll try to add it myself Smile
Thanks for the reply Jurial. Too bad about the smart playlists. I'll stick with Gotham though. Also those changes from Wanilton to extendedinfo script fixed the moviesets Smile

edit:

(2014-01-18, 07:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-17, 15:22)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]could you please re-add the audiotrack info label? (DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD etc.)
The aspect ratio flag is a nice addition but what is the point of showing the channel number insteadt of the audio track?
I have planned to reorganise the infotags to make the Studio / Rating / MPAA one a little more condensed to make room to have separate ones for both video and audio -- i.e. Resolution - Aspect - Video Codec /// Audio Channels - Audio Codec. Just still tinkering with it a bit, it will make an appearance soonish!

Also this is great. I also agree with Ullie about a 3D tag. That would be nice to have as well.
(2014-01-18, 11:11)AlexKruidenberg Wrote: [ -> ]hello jurialmunkey,

do you mean the option lokaal weegaves )in dutch) above the option to set the music path. I think the translation is wrong then.

edit: yes this option works! the translation must be better, "like schakel cdart in"

thank you very much!

cheers,

I would rather use "CDART tonen/inschakelen" and "CDART verbergen/uitschakelen". Perhaps check the dutch strings.po that comes with Aeon MQ5. That one is translated pretty nice.
But yea, this skin perhaps needs transifex Smile
How did you guys update to Gotham?

I've read in some wiki that you just install the gotham version over the frodo version, which i did (latest nightly and monthly). However it screws up my xbmc system (severall addons not compatible (dependencies) plus my playlists only show 1 movie / 0 songs...
How do I upgrade without losing my database and everything??

Appreciate your advice.
Best regards
Hi jurialmunkey,

This is still my favorite skin for XBMc after a month of running it. I love the quick nav menu you added in version 0.6.4. That was a really nice touch. Still my one complain I have is that when I set a path to the folder with background fanart in it, artic doesn't know how to recursively search that folder for the fanart images to be used for the backgrounds. I know XBMC creates a specific folder "Extrafanart" for TV shows and Movies but my complaint is toward music. All my pictures are stored in the artist and the artist's album folder. This is where a recursive search is needed. It would be awesome in the feature if you could implement something like this. I know when I ran Aeon Nox it had an option for random artist backgrounds. I would really love the options for background images that were implemented for that skin.

Thanks and keep up the hard work.
(2014-01-18, 16:25)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]How did you guys update to Gotham?

I've read in some wiki that you just install the gotham version over the frodo version, which i did (latest nightly and monthly). However it screws up my xbmc system (severall addons not compatible (dependencies) plus my playlists only show 1 movie / 0 songs...
How do I upgrade without losing my database and everything??

Appreciate your advice.
Best regards

not really the best thread to ask this question. Undecided
i would suggest looking in the forum for your particular OS -- http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111
@FREAKJAM @AlexKruidenberg -- Skin already is on transifex. https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbm...kin-artic/ Please update there if it hasn't been already. I will do another update from there soonish.

@Ullie -- Will do.

@Talguy -- use the Artwork Organiser add-on (its in the repo in the Program Addons section). It extracts your library artwork to centralised folders. Configure it to only extract the artwork you want. IMPORTANT - create an empty folder for the artwork to be extracted to and point it to that under the expert settings. The warning in expert settings is because it will wipe the contents of the folder before extracting to it, so don't do something stupid like pointing it at your library.
Has 0.6.4 been pushed to the repo? I have forced refreshes but only see 0.6.2
@jkirk -- not yet, got a few things to fix up before I do but it will up in the next couple of days most likely.
(2014-01-19, 01:21)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@Ullie -- Will do.

Thanks!
jurialmunkey,
First, thanks for your work on this skin, it is looking very nice!! I know you are still working on this so I wont post a modded xml file, but please consider modifying your 'Thumbnail' view in movies & tv shows to allow for different size of poster size.

For example, with a little hacking I am using a Thumbnail view screen like this:
I also changed zoom animation to start at 100 and end at 150 which I think looks better but obviously just personal opinion Smile
Are there any plans to make an optional dark panel for the main menu? Thanks for this awesome skin.

By the way. Can't figure out how to see my latest added movies in the main menu, i know it has worked before, but now it's just blank. Tried to uninstall reinstall skin widget. Tried to reboot fomputer. Tried to enable/disable everything in skin widget settings with no success. Strangely the widget stuff works in Aeon MQ5.