Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@liquidolze -- you just put it in the content tags of your list -- e.g. <content>plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies</content> and then it provides that list control with the normal infotags -- e.g. ListItem.Art(fanart) ListItem.Year ListItem.Genre etc. etc.
still my fave skin. :-)

However, all my widgets have dissapeared, any way to turn them on again?
like this skin!!

maybe i am blind but how can i disable the weather plugin.
so that is not shown (left bottom)?
(2014-01-31, 14:12)mentex Wrote: [ -> ]like this skin!!

maybe i am blind but how can i disable the weather plugin.
so that is not shown (left bottom)?

Two pages back in this thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...4&page=110
thank you
jurial: a few suggestions:

On-screen video OSD - any chance of resolution and audio tags there as there are with the tabbed and offset OSDs? Also when watching a TV show, the season and episode number scroll with the plot. Personal preference would be that this remains static and only the plot scrolls. Would also be great to have discart in the on-screen video OSD mode. And one last thing with video on-screen OSD, is it possible to replace the elapsed time with remaining time?

In the Info List view, none of the items scroll information, so long show and movie names are cut-off and you can't see the season and episode numbers for these TV shows when used for New Shows, as an example.

In Dark Mode (which is my preference) the extended home panel for the widgets remains the same colour as in Default Mode, which makes it seem a little out of place. I have no idea about the skinning limitations, but would it not be possible make this panel blurred/semi-transparent instead? I reckon it would look pretty awesome if it could blur it somewhat like Apple does with their menus and would showcase more of the fanart in the background.

In the weather view, I have set my conditional weather fanart and it works great for the panels showing each day's weather, but the background remains the same. Is this default behaviour? If so, is it possible to set the background as the current weather fanart instead?

Last suggestion: any chance of enabling more views within addons, so that video and music addons can take advantage of the great views in the TV Show and Music views? This would allow larger thumbnails and so on for video addons, as an example.

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes switching skins doesn't work. I try, but it defaults back to your skin and loses the appearance settings when this happens (on Gotham nightlies). Is this a Gotham bug?

And then a quick question: what is Default (Fade Covers) mode? I can't seem to tell what this does.

Once again, this is my favourite XBMC skin and as a WIP, I thought I'd share my feedback and suggestions.

DJ...
i've noticed a little bug. since the change to how the panel home slides around the resume popup is misplaced.
this is on the repo version, perhaps it's been fixed in git, if so please ignore.

i'd also like to just give a little feedback on the change in general. i personally liked how it was previously. it was more aesthetically pleasing when the panel was the anchor of the home screen and everything else slid from beneath that. i think what i find unappealing is that the consistency is gone. your sub-categories slide up, revealing themselves. but now when you press down to open widgets the panel slides up to reveal them. i look at it like the slate sections are pages hidden beneath the panel. pull up on the top page and you can see what's written on the bottom of the page. pull down on the bottom page and you see the information written on the top of the page. the new animation just feels unnatural to me. my two cents.

also, i'm not sure if this is skin related, but it seems my ongoing episodes widget is no longer updating after i finish watching an episode. i haven't rolled back to a previous version to see if it is definitely the skin but i figured i'd throw it out there to see if there was a change made to that somehow. i'm still on frodo if that makes a difference.

edit: just rolled back to 0.6.2 and the widget is updating properly so something got borked along the way.
(2014-01-31, 12:11)Ferdi-T Wrote: [ -> ]still my fave skin. :-)
However, all my widgets have dissapeared, any way to turn them on again?
Have you tried re-adding them via "Skin Settings > Home >Manage Custom Home Items"?

(2014-02-01, 00:54)DJ... Wrote: [ -> ]On-screen video OSD:
(1) any chance of resolution and audio tags there as there are with the tabbed and offset OSDs?
(2) Also when watching a TV show, the season and episode number scroll with the plot.
(3) Would also be great to have discart in the on-screen video OSD mode.
(4) And one last thing with video on-screen OSD, is it possible to replace the elapsed time with remaining time?
(5) In the Info List view, none of the items scroll information, so long show and movie names are cut-off and you can't see the season and episode numbers for these TV shows when used for New Shows, as an example.

(6) In Dark Mode (which is my preference) the extended home panel for the widgets remains the same colour as in Default Mode, which makes it seem a little out of place. I have no idea about the skinning limitations, but would it not be possible make this panel blurred/semi-transparent instead? I reckon it would look pretty awesome if it could blur it somewhat like Apple does with their menus and would showcase more of the fanart in the background.

(7) In the weather view, I have set my conditional weather fanart and it works great for the panels showing each day's weather, but the background remains the same. Is this default behaviour? If so, is it possible to set the background as the current weather fanart instead?

(8) Last suggestion: any chance of enabling more views within addons, so that video and music addons can take advantage of the great views in the TV Show and Music views? This would allow larger thumbnails and so on for video addons, as an example.

(9) One thing I've noticed is that sometimes switching skins doesn't work. I try, but it defaults back to your skin and loses the appearance settings when this happens (on Gotham nightlies). Is this a Gotham bug?

(10) And then a quick question: what is Default (Fade Covers) mode? I can't seem to tell what this does.
1, 2 & 3 - Eventually, just been a bit busy at the moment - the on-screen osd needs a bit of work in general, just dedicating my limited time to other aspects at the moment.
4. No this wont happen. I think the general thing for most people is that elapsed time is more useful (for seeking, ff, rewinding etc.). You can see how much time is left by comparing the current time (first clock) with the finish time (second clock with arrow).
5. Will fix when shortly
6. I wish blurring type effects were possible but they aren't at the moment. Dark theme will always play second fiddle to the default. I skin for the light theme and dark is just an extra that I added because it was easy to do and I recognise that the white is a bit too much for some people. Its just a simple swap of colours between background and foreground colours. I fix "bugs" for the wrong text colour, but beyond that I don't have any desire to specifically skin for the dark theme because it starts making things too complex to keep track of.
7. It should already do this inside the weather window. On the homescreen its not currently possible except as a global background, but I will add this eventually.
8. Addons are a pain because there isn't a great deal of consistency between them. Its not just necessarily a matter of making the view "available" for addons -- I have to make modifications to them to ensure they work properly. And then there is the issue of views that don't work for all of them and then people complain about it.
9. Yeah sounds like a Gotham bug.
10. It removes the blue selection rectangle and fades the unfocused items.

(2014-02-03, 22:24)furii Wrote: [ -> ]i've noticed a little bug. since the change to how the panel home slides around the resume popup is misplaced.
this is on the repo version, perhaps it's been fixed in git, if so please ignore.

i'd also like to just give a little feedback on the change in general. i personally liked how it was previously. it was more aesthetically pleasing when the panel was the anchor of the home screen and everything else slid from beneath that. i think what i find unappealing is that the consistency is gone. your sub-categories slide up, revealing themselves. but now when you press down to open widgets the panel slides up to reveal them. i look at it like the slate sections are pages hidden beneath the panel. pull up on the top page and you can see what's written on the bottom of the page. pull down on the bottom page and you see the information written on the top of the page. the new animation just feels unnatural to me. my two cents.

also, i'm not sure if this is skin related, but it seems my ongoing episodes widget is no longer updating after i finish watching an episode. i haven't rolled back to a previous version to see if it is definitely the skin but i figured i'd throw it out there to see if there was a change made to that somehow. i'm still on frodo if that makes a difference.

edit: just rolled back to 0.6.2 and the widget is updating properly so something got borked along the way.

I'm torn between the two. I definitely prefer the old animation - the original idea is exactly what you point out - the grey panel would slide up/down to reveal the other items underneath. The reasoning for the new style animation was better usage of space and so that it doesn't obscure the clock. I'm thinking about changing it back - I think I might actually be able to make it optional fairly easily, trying a few things out. I will fix the resume dialog pop-up.

There weren't any changes to the widgets core so I'm not sure what's going on there. Maybe it just needed a restart or there was some issue with the actual addon that happened to be fixed. Or some error in the actual update. As far as I can tell its working properly for me.
Thanks for the feedback, jurial. Completely understood.

Wrt weather, the background doesn't change based on conditional weather. Tested this on two different machines with different versions of your skin and different Gotham versions. Seems only the weather panels are changing...
(2014-02-04, 00:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-03, 22:24)furii Wrote: [ -> ]i've noticed a little bug. since the change to how the panel home slides around the resume popup is misplaced.

I'm torn between the two. I definitely prefer the old animation - the original idea is exactly what you point out - the grey panel would slide up/down to reveal the other items underneath. The reasoning for the new style animation was better usage of space and so that it doesn't obscure the clock. I'm thinking about changing it back - I think I might actually be able to make it optional fairly easily, trying a few things out. I will fix the resume dialog pop-up.

There weren't any changes to the widgets core so I'm not sure what's going on there. Maybe it just needed a restart or there was some issue with the actual addon that happened to be fixed. Or some error in the actual update. As far as I can tell its working properly for me.

in the course of my testing the widget would consistently not update on 0.6.5. that is until i went to produce a debug log and it worked just fine. i'll keep an eye on future updates to see if it creeps back up for me again.

an option would be great if it's not too much trouble. in the mean time i think i'll stick to 0.6.2 as i don't think i'm missing anything from the newer version. for me at least the clock being hidden when i was in the widget section wasn't really a big deal.

one other bug i noticed today though. if you go to rollback an addon the dialog box doesn't have a background making it difficult to read what you're doing. i'm on my way out now but can get a screenshot if this is unclear.

cheers as always.
Hi, please could you bring the little favorites (star) icon back on the main bar?
Many Thanks.
Hi Jurial,

Im going to check out this skin after reccomendation from guys in the ServerWMC/pvr.wmc LiveTV subforum! It looks really nice Smile

Im a fellow Aussie and saw your screenshots in 1st post and your channel logos look alot better than the ones Ive got so far... would you be able to share them or point me to where you got them from?

What LiveTV backend are you using at the moment, out of interest?

Cheers
Any updates on the PseudoTV Live skin? That would make this skin perfect. Love the skin and it's been my default for months now, thanks.
Is there a way to set the background for the shutdown menu?

Thanks
@jurial

Could you add an option to set the default action for selecting Live TV to start the EPG instead of the Channel List?