Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any skin-related reason why I can't see fan art sometimes?

Likewise, is there a reason why XBMC Backup restore nuked the icons for home menu? It left + sign with correct name below - but images are gone.

Thanks.
Another thing I noticed. When playing Music and activating the cd art, the spinning cd stutters a bit on my machine, but cpu power can't really be the issure. It's not the case in modded confluence or aeon nox.

\\Edit: And I have an album containing some chineese language in the track title. They are not displayed, thats not the problem, but afer trying to open the album, every letter in every music view is scrapped. You have to restart xbmx
Hi jurial, is it possible to change how logos appear in library. Because if sources are offline there no logo while there is disc.png
this is by far the best skin i´ve come across in a while.
But one wish. i need a clearer marker for a movie in 3D
Since yesterday I am getting random lock ups when I stop playback of a video from my stored media.

Is anyone else having this occur or is it just me?

I have a feeling it is just me and my North Korean Army surplus computer components.
Hey Jurial, having installed the latest OE Nightly, changing Confluence to Arctic and then switching to the Homescreen, OE goes into a perpetual reboot loop. Not sure if this is a Arctic issue, it works with Confluence though, so i thought i ask you first, see Log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=140213

Thank you!
Same issue here, other skins including works normally. Issue on all releases of Oe r17811+
I'm a Haswell NUC owner, so I'm the running the OE nightly too. I can't use any other skin besides Confluence, everything else is marked up as Incompatible. Manually installing Artic puts me into the same reboot loop as Vaneska. I had assumed that I'd have to wait until a stable release before using Arctic, but there's people using Gotham, so any pointers gratefully received Smile.
Same here, tried OE nightly a few days back: same issue with the reboot-loop when Arctic was enabled... Wink A fix would be awesome, cause I'd like to use Gotham Smile
(2014-02-28, 09:51)Vaneska Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jurial, having installed the latest OE Nightly, changing Confluence to Arctic and then switching to the Homescreen, OE goes into a perpetual reboot loop. Not sure if this is a Arctic issue, it works with Confluence though, so i thought i ask you first, see Log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=140213

Can't really see much from the log other than a few unmatched parenthesis which wouldn't cause a crash. The only thing I can see is the "trying to add unsupported control type 1" which with a bit of searching I've found relates to having a button control inside a list container -- which is part of a trick I use to reset the mixed widget autoscroll timer when returning to the menu. Its strange that it would suddenly cause a crash like that.

Could you try removing lines 214 - 217 in Includes_Mod_Home_Simple.xml and 78 - 81 in Includes_Mod_Home.xml and let me know if that works? Its this part you need to remove:
Code:
<control type="button">
    <onfocus>AlarmClock(86Move,Control.Move(86,1),00:07,silent,loop)</onfocus>
    <onfocus>AlarmClock(DelayStart,AlarmClock(87Move,Control.Move(87,1),00:07,silent,loop),00:03,silent)</onfocus>
</control>

If that's the culprit then I will need to figure out a different way to reset the timer. If it's not then I have absolutely no clue what it could be, the log doesn't offer any other suggestions.
Unfortunately it did not work Sad continues to go into a reboot / crash loop.

The "WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1" however, is gone from the Log. Unfortunately thats all the Log is writing.

Code:
10:08:34 T:140157751871296    INFO: Loading skin file: Home.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
10:08:34 T:140157751871296   ERROR: Unmatched ]
10:08:34 T:140157751871296   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression !Skin.HasSetting(disable.movies) + Skin.HasSetting(HideSubmenuArrows)]
10:08:34 T:140157751871296   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression !Skin.HasSetting(disable.tvshows) + Skin.HasSetting(HideSubmenuArrows)]
10:08:34 T:140157751871296   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression !Skin.HasSetting(disable.music) + Skin.HasSetting(HideSubmenuArrows)]
10:08:34 T:140157356291840   DEBUG: CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateMusic() - Running RecentlyAdded home screen update
Hi,
could anybody tell me how to delete the white overlayer on the backgrounds when on the homescreen? I know it was mentioned a couple of month ago but I can't find it anymore.
Thanks in advance!
(2014-03-01, 15:00)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
could anybody tell me how to delete the white overlayer on the backgrounds when on the homescreen? I know it was mentioned a couple of month ago but I can't find it anymore.
Thanks in advance!

This might be what you're looking for...

(2014-01-20, 01:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@GoogleRocks! --

For having the video with no fade all you have to do is edit Includes_WindowContents.xml -- There is a videowindow control from lines 33 to 36 - The next two controls are the fades so you just need to move it down to be in front of them.
Move this part down to line 54
Code:
<control type="videowindow">
        <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(BackgroundVideo) + Player.HasVideo</visible>
</control>

...or try the Dark Theme in "Settings->Appearance->Theme" if it's the entire Home Screen overlay that you're concerned with.
Thanks, but that is not exactly what I was looking for. I am using the dark theme already but there ist still an overlay which takes the brilliance off the wallpapers.
There was another solution to this. I searched all posts of mine but couldn't find it.
(2014-03-01, 17:47)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, but that is not exactly what I was looking for. I am using the dark theme already but there ist still an overlay which takes the brilliance off the wallpapers.
There was another solution to this. I searched all posts of mine but couldn't find it.

Here you go then, maybe this is it - see Q&A #2: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1547025