Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-03-04, 02:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]RE: Further development Also, as my time is limited, I've decided that this is a good point to stop further development on this version of Arctic. Don't worry, I'm not abandoning Arctic. This is just so I can focus my limited skinning time on finishing eminence AND beginning work on mk.iii of Arctic which will be rewritten entirely from the ground up. This is something that has needed doing for a long time as the code base is getting extremely out of hand and the more I add to this skin the bigger a hole I'm digging myself into. -- Arctic mk.ii has been a good test bed for what features I want to include and I feel like I now have a good solid vision for how I want mk.iii to be. It will be many months until release, but will be coded with the intent of being main repository ready (after some bug testing) upon release.

I will still drop in here to offer support and if any one has bug fixes etc. please either post them here or (even better) as a pull request on github and I will gladly include them.

Thanks. Artic has made XBMC more enjoyable, especailly for the wife. I look forwarc to the "final" artic hitting the dev repo so I can do a clean install from scratch as I have a couple of odd directopries floating around.

When my pivos boxes support Gotham, or i upgrade them, I'll move to MkIII or eminence.

Thanks again for your work. Best XBMC skin around if you ask me.
(2014-03-04, 02:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]RE: reboot loop. Currently I'm really busy with uni so unfortunately I don't have the time to go hunting down the issue with the reboot loop, especially as it doesn't happen on my machine and I don't use openelec (I use linux but not openelec). If someone figures out what the issue is, please post the fix and I'll gladly make the changes on git.

RE: Further development Also, as my time is limited, I've decided that this is a good point to stop further development on this version of Arctic. Don't worry, I'm not abandoning Arctic. This is just so I can focus my limited skinning time on finishing eminence AND beginning work on mk.iii of Arctic which will be rewritten entirely from the ground up. This is something that has needed doing for a long time as the code base is getting extremely out of hand and the more I add to this skin the bigger a hole I'm digging myself into. -- Arctic mk.ii has been a good test bed for what features I want to include and I feel like I now have a good solid vision for how I want mk.iii to be. It will be many months until release, but will be coded with the intent of being main repository ready (after some bug testing) upon release.

I will still drop in here to offer support and if any one has bug fixes etc. please either post them here or (even better) as a pull request on github and I will gladly include them.

@reboot loop, latest Arctic on Github works now Smile "clean unmatched ]" did the trick Big Grin. Thank you! Zip is still damaged though.

@Further development, thx alot Jurial. Looking forward to mk.iii and if you ever have the time, would be great if you could fix this strange overlap issue on the codec info on gotham.

VideoFullScreen.xml > something like this should do it, but im sure you can do it better Wink

Code:
<!-- codec info -->
        <control type="group" id="0">
            <control type="image">
                <description>media info background image</description>
                <posx>-100</posx>
                <posy>-30</posy>
                <width>2120</width>
                <height>330</height>
                <texture border="43,42,43,42">osd/fullscreen/back-codec.png</texture>
                <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
            </control>
            <control type="label" id="10">
                <description>row 1 label</description>
                <posx>30</posx>
                <posy>30</posy>
                <width>1660</width>
                <height>55</height>
                <textcolor>bbwhite</textcolor>
                <font>Font-Condensed-S30</font>
                <label>-</label>
            </control>
            <control type="label" id="11">
                <description>row 2 label</description>
                <posx>30</posx>
                <posy>90</posy>
                <width>1660</width>
                <height>100</height>
                <label>-</label>
            </control>
            <control type="label" id="12">
                <description>row 3 label</description>
                <posx>30</posx>
                <posy>140</posy>
                <width>1660</width>
                <height>150</height>
                <label>-</label>
            </control>
        </control>
Does Artic support custom main menu items? I have smart playlists for Bluray and 3D Bluray and I couldn't figure out a way to add them to the main menu so I was forced to switch to Aeon. Also does it work with Gotham?
(2014-03-04, 15:48)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]Does Artic support custom main menu items? I have smart playlists for Bluray and 3D Bluray and I couldn't figure out a way to add them to the main menu so I was forced to switch to Aeon. Also does it work with Gotham?

Works with Gotham.

For custom menus > Settings > Skin > Home > "Manage custom home items".
This is what the new typeface looks like for me:

This is on Windows 8.1, Gotham Beta 1 (was the same in alpha 11)
Could someone point me to the files I need to get the old fonts back on the newer git version? The new fonts have many issues for me and look strange?

If posting link to font is not allowed a pm is welcome Wink

Also, what other files need replacing,
Could someone wrap up the files needed to return to the original font (I'm using latest git)
Cheers
Hi All,

Is there an option to delete Movies, TV Shows etc from the GUI not just remove from library?

Very nice Skin by the way,
Thanks Ian
(2014-03-05, 01:45)DerekCuster Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone point me to the files I need to get the old fonts back on the newer git version? The new fonts have many issues for me and look strange?

If posting link to font is not allowed a pm is welcome Wink

Also, what other files need replacing,
Could someone wrap up the files needed to return to the original font (I'm using latest git)
Cheers
I would love to know this as well... Stupid me, I didn't backup Sad
I have no back up either Undecided I updated before I even read there was a change (stupid) now it's very untidy and some scrolling text on placed where is never was?

I know we need the font and the 1080 fonts XML but a chance someone could update to a download link with all required changes so a copy and paste over the top is all that's required?

Hopefully some can point in the right direction.

Love the skin, miss the font Smile
Hey guys,

i would like to give this skin a try but i'm facing difficulties in extracting it.
I downloaded the .zip file from github and tried to extract it but 7zip had the error: "unknown compression method"

Any suggestions?

Thanks
(2014-03-05, 18:09)Bazto Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

i would like to give this skin a try but i'm facing difficulties in extracting it.
I downloaded the .zip file from github and tried to extract it but 7zip had the error: "unknown compression method"

Any suggestions?

Thanks

why aren't you using XBMC to install the zip?

(2014-03-04, 22:03)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]This is what the new typeface looks like for me:

is this a question?
if so, yes... this is correct
Yes I did, but it didn't work as well.
So i tried the manual way.

any chance the zip is corrupted?
(2014-03-05, 19:10)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-04, 22:03)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]This is what the new typeface looks like for me:

is this a question?
if so, yes... this is correct

Sorry it seems the forum scales down the image I posted so the issue isn't really visible. I hope this makes it clearer:

(2014-03-05, 19:27)Bazto Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I did, but it didn't work as well.
So i tried the manual way.

any chance the zip is corrupted?

I just downloaded the zip and it seems you're right. Neither WinRAR nor 7Zip can extract the zip
(2014-03-05, 21:10)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry it seems the forum scales down the image I posted so the issue isn't really visible. I hope this makes it clearer:

ah! now i see.
yeah, it's a shame that @jurialmunkey had to change fonts.
hopefully he can find something that works better in the future.
I tried the arctic big link posted a few days ago and it is working great. Fonts are the old ones and the zip extracted just fine.