Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does this skin support TV logos as a viewtype and does the skin allow for custom home menu items such as linking to an addon?[/align]
(2014-04-24, 19:22)iJunaid Wrote: [ -> ]Does this skin support TV logos as a viewtype and does the skin allow for custom home menu items such as linking to an addon?[/align]

no, yes. just search the thread for 'custom home menu items'.
Please next time first search and then if you can't find it ask Wink
First post ever! Love the skin, been using it forever.

I just added music to the mix and was wondering if there was a way to use the artist thumb (folder.jpg) instead of the default blank icon.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I realised my description was awful. Please see below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1064...artist.jpg
Anyone notice the arrows in video calibration are massive?
I get errors trying to install the skin from GitHub. It tells me bad directory structure or something.
(2014-04-27, 22:18)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]I get errors trying to install the skin from GitHub. It tells me bad directory structure or something.

I got that too, I hear it's a problem with github and how it creates the .zip. Download it and manually put the skin folder into your addons folder
@edit
(2014-04-27, 02:35)benbour Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone notice the arrows in video calibration are massive?

You're right! That is weird.
The only other bug i notice now is if you use the TV-show widget on the homescreen to continu an episode you already started the popup windows that gives you the option to start from beginning or where you stopped is misaligned. This happened due to a change in height of the Panelview.

Hopefully JM will iron out these last bugs, but maybe it won't get fixed until Arctic mk III, since he's already developing that one Smile .
(2014-04-28, 08:52)Smobbo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-27, 02:35)benbour Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone notice the arrows in video calibration are massive?

You're right! That is weird.
The only other bug i notice now is if you use the TV-show widget on the homescreen to continu an episode you already started the popup windows that gives you the option to start from beginning or where you stopped is misaligned. This happened due to a change in height of the Panelview.

Hopefully JM will iron out these last bugs, but maybe it won't get fixed until Arctic mk III, since he's already developing that one Smile .

I don't see an issue on mine with resuming video from a widget. Everything seems to be correctly aligned. I did see a couple other issues I wanted to share though. I cannot seem to get RCB to launch as a custom home item. I can start a game using the widget set to RCB, but the actual home item will not open it. (it does work on other skins)

Also, If I set a widget to use a slideshow, all widgets using a slideshow will automatically use that one.

For example. If I have a custom home item, and it uses a slideshow from a folder, all other home items using a slideshow will now use the same folder for it's slideshow.
(2014-04-27, 22:18)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]I get errors trying to install the skin from GitHub. It tells me bad directory structure or something.
Yeah, annoying known problem with github. Jurialmunkey wasn't able to solve it yet.
But another user posted a working version some weeks ago - give it a try:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1664842
Hey Guys,

I like the arctic Skin very much but i recently updated my Raspberry Pi to Gotham RC (Openelec beta 7) and tried to install Arctic again.
At first I took the old zip i had, but it told me the skin doesnt meet the requierements. Then I tried downloading it again from Github and tried different ways.

I downloaded the zip from the Github site and tried to install it and got the same error.

Then I tried it with the Github for Windows and Cloned the repository and zipped it myself, this time it said the file hast a bad structure.
I also tried downloading the repo with Git Bash and had the same result. I also tried the before postet Zip on Dropbox and it did not work either.

If it says it has a bad structure then the xmbc.log looks like this:
Code:
01:21:22 T:3058111264   ERROR: FileZip: unable to open zip file /storage/pictures/skin.arctic-master.zip!
01:21:22 T:3058111264   ERROR: Control 402 in window 10107 has been asked to focus, but it can't

or this:
01:44:23 T:3058111264  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
01:44:23 T:3058111264   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting zip://%2fstorage%2fdownloads%2fskin.arctic.zip/
01:44:23 T:3058111264   ERROR: Control 402 in window 10107 has been asked to focus, but it can't

If it says it doesnt meet the requierements the log looks like this:
Code:
00:53:26 T:2683302992  NOTICE: Thread Timer start, auto delete: false
00:53:36 T:3058111264  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 7 times.
00:53:36 T:3058111264 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: CommonBackground
00:53:36 T:3058111264 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: VisibleFadeEffect
00:53:36 T:3058111264 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: WindowTitleCommons
00:53:38 T:3058111264  NOTICE: /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.eminence-master/sounds/sounds.xml, Line 0
                                            Failed to open file
00:54:03 T:3058111264   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(21001)

I hope someone can help me with this, I like this skin very much and Gotham is much better than Frodo[/code].

Thanks
someone really needs to add this to the first post...

the zip files from github cannot from within xbmc. just unzip them to your addons folder or clone the repository directly to the addons folder.
Yeah someone should do this, it worked, thank you
(2014-05-01, 02:16)furii Wrote: [ -> ]someone really needs to add this to the first post...

the zip files from github cannot from within xbmc. just unzip them to your addons folder or clone the repository directly to the addons folder.

It worked fine for me. Maybe because I'm running unix/ubuntu?

Another thing, is there a way to add "Unwatched"-category for movies?
Any ETA on a release for Gotham?