Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo 12.2 doesn't connect SMB shares on start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I've run into a small issue: Frodo doesn't connect to an SMB share (defined in sources) when it starts up. The connection is first done when accessing the library or the sources in file mode. That causes multiple problems:

1. XBMC Watchdog plugin reports "cannot find path"
  2. Updating the library must be done after accessing the library or source in file mode or it won't find new media
  3. Cleaning the library before accessing it or the source in file mode will result in a complete wipe of the database (since it can't access the source)
Is it a bug/issue or just a misconfiguration by me? Any help appreciated!

Cheers,
Cassiel
Push.
I have the same problem and i'm happy that you have pin pointed the problem to the smb shares...
I also have the issue under xbmc 13 june and july cycle.
Very annoying, I'll see if your workaround helps because currently I open everything through videos...
I'm wondering now one else is running into this issue because this can be really annoying (see point 3. of my list). Could anyone from Team XBMC please respond or at least open a trac ticket?
good evening
i have seen this and cured this (i have 4 xbmc's in the house)
normally when using wifi the wifi does not manage to get the connection up and running quick enough before xbmc runs(this can also occur in wired as well if it does not get a ip address quick enough).
So i created a little batch file that sits in the start up folder and makes (on one of the pc's) wait 12 seconds, them it opens a explorer window to the mapped folder(makes the mapped drive active), then it starts xbmc.
after i did that it works every time, my partner before this was getting very annoyed.
Also it fixed the library (remote sql) not appearing and only getting the standard 3 items.
hope this helps if you need the script can paste that in later if you want it
thanks
mbu10
Hi mbu10,

thanks for your idea how to solve this, but the WiFi is up fast enough hence it loads my library from my MySQL server and EPG data from my TVHeadend server without any problems at startup. So this doesn't seem to cause the issue.

Cheers,
Cassiel
So nobody seems to be interested in fixing this issue? Sad
just guessing:
did you try mapping network drive? did you checked 'reconnect at logon' while do that mapping?

didn't sound like XBMC bug/issue.
(2013-09-06, 15:08)stupid-boy Wrote: [ -> ]just guessing:
did you try mapping network drive? did you checked 'reconnect at logon' while do that mapping?

I'm not using mapped network drives. My shares are connected using XBMC's sources feature.
I have this issue as well with the Gotham builds. When the computer starts up I cannot play anything that was scanned into the library unless I access the file through file mode first. Then they play fine. I am hardwired to the router, so its not a wifi issue.
(2013-09-08, 15:45)Cassiel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-06, 15:08)stupid-boy Wrote: [ -> ]just guessing:

I'm not using mapped network drives. My shares are connected using XBMC's sources feature.

just guessing possible quick fix you can try.
If it was that easy… Sad
are you using static ip's maybe setting these might help then maybe networking the drives using the ip address install of the Network name so for eg.

smb://192.168.1.21/sharefolder/

instead of

smb://Desktop-PC/sharefolder/
Not using DNS or WINS. Just plain IP address.

Movies:
smb://192.168.1.2/Media/Movies

TV Shows:
smb://192.168.1.2/Media/TV-Shows/

I can post my sources.xml if it helps…
I had this problem for quite some time and was able to solve it with a simple fix outside of XBMC.

In my case, my server has a username and password required in order to access it. I noticed that when I first turned on my computer and tried to play a tv show/movied through library mode, I would get an error that the video is no longer available.

I then exited xbmc, and tried to access my server smb shares through the windows explorer, Windows would ask me for the credentials, which I would enter and then click save. My problem was that Windows was not saving those credentials (for whatever reason).

I then followed this guide to delete my old saved credentials, and then re-saved my new credentials, which solved my problems.

http://joshua14.homelinux.org/blog/?p=960

Once I did the above, after I rebooted my computer, I was able to access my shares without incident.

Hopefully this helps solve your problems.
Pages: 1 2