Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trailers and Movies in main menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I m using MQ4 and I m very satisfied with it.
I have a question about it.

Is it possible to get TRAILERS in my MAIN MENU (startup/home screen)?
At this moment I have to go to movies and press arrow down to get to the trailers menu but I want the TRAILERS next to my MOVIES in the main menu.
don't cross-post!
Not sure with mq4 but it is with ace Wink and mq5 (coming end this year)
(2013-08-11, 11:23)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]don't cross-post!

sorry

(2013-08-11, 11:24)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure with mq4 but it is with ace Wink and mq5 (coming end this year)
How can I find out if it is possible is some way with MQ4?
(2013-08-12, 10:14)THX-UltraII Wrote: [ -> ]

sorry

(2013-08-11, 11:24)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure with mq4 but it is with ace Wink and mq5 (coming end this year)

If you can add the trailers as a favourite, then you can add this as a home screen button through the customization menu.
(2013-08-12, 11:21)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-12, 10:14)THX-UltraII Wrote: [ -> ]

sorry

If you can add the trailers as a favourite, then you can add this as a home screen button through the customization menu.
I tried this but I cannot seems to get it done. Somehow I cannot find to add a favourite in the main menu. I only see there MOVIES, MUSIC, PICTURES and some other things to add (I m not behind my PC atm) but I cannot add FAVOURITES there...... I must be doing something wrong. Can you tell me step-by-step how to do it so I can try it tonight?
Once you’ve added the trailers as a favourite, return to the home screen, and on the bottom menu choose ‘customization’.

Once you are in this view, directly above the home screen main bar there will be will various options, one of which will read ‘+FAV’.

Choose this, and you should be shown a list of all your favourites. Select the trailers favourite, and then you will be asked where you want to place this, which I assume will be the main menu.

This will now add a new button called ‘Menu 1’ or something similar. You can change the name, fanart of the new button by selecting it while still in the customization menu.
thanks Samu. It worked!

Is it also possible to get SHUTDOWN PC and EXIT XBMC in the MAIN MENU?
No, sorry. It's back on the main menu for MQ5 though,
(2013-08-12, 23:21)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]No, sorry. It's back on the main menu for MQ5 though,

Ok, thanks. ps. is there a way to subscribe for testing MQ5?
For the moment, as it's in beta, only donors, VIP subscribers to XBMC Brasil, and translators have access.

You could speak to Wanilton and see if you could assist in the translation project, or if he has that covered, donate to Marcos through his website, or join XBMC Brasil (which as I write seems to be down) and go VIP; which from memory is about $15 a year.
ok, thanks
Samu-rai, we are changing server, need wait propagate new DNS, it´s cause for forum is down.
OK mate. Cheers for the update.