Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot build XBMC for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I get a failure when trying to compile for Android. Before compilation I ran the following configure command:

./configure --with-toolchain=~/android-ndk-r9/toolchains/xbmc-toolchain --prefix=/opt/xbmc-deps --host=arm-linux-an ./configure --with-toolchain=~/android-ndk-r9/toolchains/xbmc-toolchain --prefix=/opt/xbmc-deps --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=/home/arikh/android-sdks --with-ndk=/home/arikh/android-ndk-r9 --with-sdk=android-14 --with-tarballs=/tmp/xbmc-androiddroideabi --with-sdk-path=/home/arikh/android-sdks --with-ndk=/home/arikh/android-ndk-r9 --with-sdk=android-14 --with-tarballs=/tmp/xbmc-android

When I ran make I got the following error:
==================================

make[2]: Entering directory `/media/Data/workspaces/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target/pcre'
make -C arm-linux-androideabi-android-14
make[3]: Entering directory `/media/Data/workspaces/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target/pcre/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14'
make[3]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/media/Data/workspaces/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target/pcre/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14'
make[2]: *** [arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/.libs/libpcre.a] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/media/Data/workspaces/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target/pcre'
make[1]: *** [pcre] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/Data/workspaces/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target'
make: *** [target/.installed-arm-linux-androideabi-android-14] Error 2:

Thanks,
Arik Halperin

Full log: http://pastebin.com/Jtfv2CkR
=======
Use pastebin.com and remove the log
"~" is not expanded by configure. Use absolute pathes without strang bash completion features. Also consider doing make without -jblah for getting a singlethreaded build and see were it really hangs. And ensure that your toolchain uses gcc 4.7 as mentioned in the readme.
I installed a new virtual machine and started from scratch. Everything seems to be working well.

Should close this issue.

Arik