Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems with NFS (Hanewin)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got Hanewin running on my PC so that I can use NFS paths for XBMC running on the RPi, which are more reliable than SMB, so when scanning with XBMC on my PC I need to point it to the NFS path "nfs://192.168.1.69/Media/" so that both the PC and RPi can find the files, using a shared MySQL database.

My Hanewin settings are as shown here: Image and on the Server tab I have "Allow Mount of Remote Devices" and "Convert Windows drive letters" ticked and my Exports is just "d:\Media -readonly -public -name:Media"

I haven't run into any problems scanning on the RPi (apart from it taking forever which is why I prefer to do it on the PC) so maybe there's something about my Hanewin settings that are fine for the RPi but not the PC. I'm just using XBMC NFS mounts rather than OS mounts on the RPi as the latter require the PC to be on before booting the RPi.

I've rearranged a lot of my Music folders and had some problems with the scanning hanging when scanning into the MySQL database

so I removed the source but that took ages, so I moved back to using a normal XBMC database to test. I had no existing database so it created one from scratch but I'm still having problems

There were a number (maybe 20) of these "Could not find" errors but they dont' seem to be an issue and just relate to missing .cue files. Strangely, whenever XBMC seems to have got stuck, as it has at the moment, it's showing it's got to Sinead O' Connor

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=45501

I moved the Sinead O'Connor album (titled Sinead O'Connor - So Far, The Best Of and containing .flacs) out of the scan path and it completed the update after that, so there's something about that folder/files that either the NFS Server can't handle or XBMC doesn't like.
Tried again and it gets stuck at Sinead O'Connor again.

I tried putting the Debug logging on but then it got to 938MB in a few minutes and I can't even open it in Notepad++

When XBMC is stuck like this and I close it, although the window disappears and there's no notification area icon, it continues running and using 25% CPU until I kill it via Task Manager.
Remove the log from the forum