Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Possible to define different actions for keys depending on media?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running on a RPi with rbej's OpenElec but I think this is a general XBMC question.

I'd like to be able to set my remote Skipback and Skipforward buttons to do different things depending on what's being played.

For Movies (avi, mkv) I'd like to set them to
<skipplus>BigStepForward</skipplus>
<skipminus>BigStepBack</skipminus>
or even null them as I can already use my D-pad to do these.

For DVDs I'd like to set them to
<skipminus>SkipPrevious</skipminus>
<skipplus>SkipNext</skipplus>
so that I can skip through chapters

and I guess I'd like them to do this when music is playing as well.

The reason I don't want to leave them on SkipPrevious / SkipNext for everything, is that when playing movie files, if I press Skipback it goes right to the start of the movie, which is rather annoying.
You can just use BigStepForward and BigStepBack. When there are DVD chapters it will automatically switch to next/previous scene.
(2013-08-16, 20:06)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]You can just use BigStepForward and BigStepBack. When there are DVD chapters it will automatically switch to next/previous scene.

Ah, that's great, thanks.
OK, so skipminus / skipplus keys are working as expected when playing music, to change song but my D-pad keys don't do anything and I'd like them to do SkipForward/Back at least so I can jump around in a song (BigSkipForward's impractical unless this could be defined separately for music, as it's set to 10min, which is longer than any song I have).

Is there any way to set this up? I don't see a NowPlaying or MusicPlayback section in remote.xml.
Hmm, not sure if it's changed in a recent build but looking at my current log, it's showing SkipNext and SkipPrevious when I press the keys whilst watching a video,

15:04:03 T:3060539392 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 892332:197 0 KEY_NEXT devinput (KEY_NEXT)
15:04:03 T:3060539392 DEBUG: OnKey: sleep (0xdf) pressed, action is SkipNext

15:04:07 T:3060539392 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 896658:19c 0 KEY_PREVIOUS devinput (KEY_PREVIOUS)
15:04:07 T:3060539392 DEBUG: OnKey: pause (0xdd) pressed, action is SkipPrevious

even though I've got

<skipplus>BigSkipForward</skipplus>
<skipminus>BigSkipBack</skipminus>

set under <FullscreenVideo>

and Lircmap.xml has

<skipminus>KEY_PREVIOUS</skipminus>
<skipplus>KEY_NEXT</skipplus>

How can I change this?