Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NFS/MySQL issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just when I thought it was safe...

I am using XBMC with a MySQL database on a remote server (the same server has all of the media files as well), and all of the file paths are via NFS. I just noticed that there is a lot of NFS traffic between my client and server when XBMC is running. Is this normal for XBMC?

This must be generated by XBMC. If I have all of the file paths using an nfs mount by the client (ie, /nas -> nfsConfusederver:/nas), rather than nfs via XBMC, then I don't see this activity.

There is nothing in the log file - even with debugging enabled - about this.

FWIW: I am using NFS file paths so that other clients (eg, my laptop running MS Win) will also have the same path as my linux HTPC box.

Any ideas?

TIA

ken
How do you know there is nfs activity? What does the server log tell?
(2013-08-21, 20:18)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know there is nfs activity? What does the server log tell?

I know it was NFS from the client because: 1) there was a lot of network traffic on my server (fortunately there is a Gigabit link between it and the client); 2) I looked at the traffic using a network sniffer (wireshark), which explicitly showed continuous nfs traffic between client and server.

I'm not sure what "server log" you mean, but there is nothing in the XBMC debug log, nor the linux system logs.

But this is all moot: After doing a little investigating, I realized that the access was skin related. I was using Transparency!, and when on the home screen it had this continuous traffic; but if I navigated to another screen, the traffic stopped. When I switched to Confluence, the traffic also stopped. Ergo, this really is a skin issue.

It still might be an XBMC nfs issue: if I replace the media path from "nfs:<ip>:/<path>" to "/<path>" - which is a mount point in the root filesystem pointing to the same server export - there isn't the continuous traffic.

Still, I will repost this issue in the general forum. FWIW, aside from this issue, everything works fine with my HTPC running linux (Fedora 19), a laptop running Win7, and even my android phone.

Thx,

ken
(2013-08-22, 00:41)daytooner Wrote: [ -> ]Still, I will repost this issue in the general forum.

I can move this thread for you to avoid duplication of effort and fragmentation of responses. Just let me know.
If you are already at wireshark level - what traffic is it? (shouldn't be that hard to figrue out as wireshark decodes nfs iirc ...)