Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with TV show banners/posters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I tried doing a search for a fix to this and couldnt find any help. Hopefully someone will be able to recognize this issue and point me in the right direction.

I have many TV Shows in xbmc. Under many different skins, I normally use the "banner" image (horizontal logo) in the list. However, for some of the tv shows it uses the "poster" image instead of the banner image. Thus, it results in a squished ugly looking banner image. I checked the images for these TV shows and there will be a good banner image available but it just takes the poster image instead. I delete the poster image so that none is there but then it just uses the stock no image banner even though there is a banner image saved (I even try redownloading it to no avail). Some tv shows have both a banner and poster image downloaded but correctly display the banner....

I have no idea whats causing this and it is very frustrating to me because I like it to be pretty...thats the whole point right?

Let me know.

Lobster.

PS - I love the software, been using it for years....
Not sure if I got all this straight either, but perhaps I can cast a bit of light on some of your dilemma. Just to be sure, there is two settings in my skin T! (you didn't mention which skin you are using) one in skin view options fanart [TV Shows - Show Banners in list] and settings skin general [TV Show - Use Posters] with both of these set, you'll get both posters and banners if the view is Fanart (which is the view I use) entering a specific TV show that has seasons you'll see season covers as posters (so this view is basically a 'poster view') with the addition of banners.

OK now for the screwy stuff. I had a ..ISO of a TV series, scraping that turned up the poster for the series but not the banner, loading up the banner manually turned up a distorted poster, grabbing the poster again turned up a distorted banner. I resolved the issue by converting the series into individual MKV's re-scraping and all was good in file mode and TV library mode. If you have selected only banners to be shown there will be no posters visible.

All this is under the assumption that you have images in the series folder, named as 'poster.jpg' and 'banner.jpg', this designation has been changed in Frodo. At one point only folder.jpg was recognized for the cover image, artwork downloader will pull both banner & poster down.