Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compiling XBMC with amcodec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I just bought an ATV120 from Geniatech. But XBMC which is embedded on the system doesn't work with Ethernet with uPnP or SMB. I always get "Network is not connected". It seems that if XBMC consider it's not connected to the network, it won't even try to connect.
I found a workaround :
Instead of clicking on the uPnP server, I go to the menu, choose "Play", pause the movie and then click on Now playing to explore the server... but it's not very user-friendly.

Now, my question :
I tried XBMC official 13 beta 6, the bug is corrected, I can browse my server but there is no build of XBMC 13 compiled with amcodec. So davilla, could you explain me how to compile such a build ?

Or is it possible to backport the fixes to XBMC 12.2 ? In System Info, XBMC 13 shows the real IP (192.168.X.X) and correct information about connection, but XBMC 12.2 only shows 127.0.0.1, it can't detect the connection.

Even a "bad" fix would satisfy me, for example, modify the condition
if no network detected -> error "Network is not connected" to
if no network detected -> assume there is network and try anyway
But I don't know which file I should modify.

Thanks for your answers.
add '--enable-codec=amcodec --enable-player=amlplayer' to the xbmc configure in tools/depends/target/xbmc/Makefile

of course you must make sure that the libamlplayer header structures match those for your box. See tools/android/depends/libamplayer . This is why aml is NOT enabled by default. Android 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 all have slightly different header structs.
The header included in the Pivos repository are for ICS right ?
But I don't have the source of the ATV120 firmware so I wanted to download the files for 4.1 here :
http://openlinux.amlogic.com/ but it asks for a password to clone the repository ...

How can i get the header for 4.1 ?

PS : I think I have found the files to modify to let XBMC thinks it has a connection.
It's a workaround, not a fix since the network lib in XBMC doesn't seem to support USB ethernet adaptater correctly (the way it's integrated in the ATV120 firmware).

If we make
ConnectionState CConnmanConnection::GetState()
and
ConnectionState CNetworkManager::GetDefaultConnectionState()

returns always

NETWORK_CONNECTION_STATE_CONNECTED in xbmc/network/NetworkManager.cpp

it should work since it won't check whether there is a connection or not. But to build a functional XBMC for ATV120 version with this workaround I need the correct headers ...
Correct, the headers mainline and in Pivos are ICS. Ask Geniatech for their headers, you bought it from them and they took your money.
Ok thanks. I contacted Geniatech and they told me they use the Pivos build unmodified on their JB 4.1 rom.

So I compiled XBMC 12.2 from Pivos github with modified network files to return always NETWORK_CONNECTION_STATE_CONNECTED and it works fine with hardware acceleration.

I will try to compile XBMC 13 Alpha now, i saw that you did an update to correct the compile errors with amlplayer.
Hey vbelo, care to share the apk after you test it? Im trying to get the environment setup under ubuntu but it might take longer then Id like.
Here is the last build of 12.2 Pivos with network detection disabled :
xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug.apk (51.3 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!DlgUgCrZ!fvosH0wj9j...W0Y6dZ3UY0

Will compile 13 Alpha 7 later.
I compiled with the included alpha 7 '--enable-codec=amcodec --enable-player=amlplayer' and video is still slow, try to disable the settings libstagefright, the result is the same.
you can download it here https://mega.co.nz/#!TMYQHZKQ!NIP64WsbwQ...Hw-aQgU82I
I think there is no relation between libstagefright and libamlplayer. Libstagefright is not adapted for Amlogic devices. Which device do you use ?
xbmc.log might show the issue but it seems most would rather keep guessing Smile
11:38:48 T:1552499264 DEBUG: CDVDFactoryCodec: compiled in hardware support: CrystalHD:no AMCodec:no OpenMax:no libstagefright:yes VDPAU:no VAAPI:no
You're sure that you compiled a build with amcodec ? Try the 12.2 build I posted and see if it's working.

(and you shouldn't try to read pirated content...)
Yes, I gathered with the included '- enable-codec = amcodec - enable-player = amlplayer'. 12.2 version from the repository, which pivos to build and work properly, and the version from the official repository does not play HD video, as well as 13 alpha 7.
let me see your config.log Smile
Pages: 1 2 3