Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't exit Pandora
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All, I love this skin, but this is a deal breaker for me...

Using the Pandora addon, the stop button doesn't close the addon, but stops the current song. In all other skins I've used, the back button closes the addon. Somehow in Ace, the back stops the current song, and the next starts playing... just like the stop button. The only way I've been able to close Pandora is to close XBMC

I love the beauty and simplicity of this skin, surely someone has found a workaround.

Dave
You should be able to hit pause and then exit the plug-in. Works for me with the latest JSON Pandora and OpenElec 3.06/3.16
That has always troubled me about this addon too. On my install I modified the code so that stop closes the addon. I've also noticed whatever you have mapped as the "back" button will close out the addon. I can post my code if you want to get the stop button working.
Would like to know how to fix this Pandora issue too. I like to go to the full screen view in Pandora (with Artist Slideshow running) and everything I've tried, I can get Pandora to pause but any attempt to close just causes the next song to load/run (JSON Pandora on Win 7 and 8 XBMC 12.2).

scott s.
Other than the OP, is everyone else talking about an Ace issue with this add-on or an issue with the add-on itself, regardless of skin?
ixnu, Thanks for that! Pausing seems to make the back button "back out" of the addon. That's a good enough workaround for me.

Artrafael, To reiterate... I realoze the Pandora addon may be poorly coded, but it functions "normally" and predictably in Confluence and Aeon Nox.
(2013-08-23, 15:07)roc4fun Wrote: [ -> ]Artrafael, To reiterate... I realoze the Pandora addon may be poorly coded, but it functions "normally" and predictably in Confluence and Aeon Nox.

I understand. I was just trying to make sure your thread wasn't getting hijacked.
(2013-08-23, 15:07)roc4fun Wrote: [ -> ]Artrafael, To reiterate... I realoze the Pandora addon may be poorly coded, but it functions "normally" and predictably in Confluence and Aeon Nox.

I understand. I was just trying to make sure your thread wasn't getting hijacked.
Just to make a point - how could the navigation within the addon be skin specific? Once the addon launches it is using it's own skin files. Furthermore the stop button not functioning is an override defined in the pandaplayer.py file that is part of the addon.

Am I correct here that in some skins the stop button works to stop the playing song and exit the addon?
(2013-08-23, 19:32)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]Just to make a point - how could the navigation within the addon be skin specific? Once the addon launches it is using it's own skin files. Furthermore the stop button not functioning is an override defined in the pandaplayer.py file that is part of the addon.

Am I correct here that in some skins the stop button works to stop the playing song and exit the addon?

Robweber, I agree with you in theory, but I can attest in Confluence and Aeon Nox the back button brings me from the visualization to the home screen. A second press closes the addon. Stop ends the current song and goes on to the next. With Ace, while playing, the back functions the same as the stop... ending the current song. Pausing seems to change this behavior.
Back again with the same issue... Nox, Aeon MQ5, Confluence all go back to the Pandora skin home page on back press from the full screen visualization. A back press from the Pandora home screen closes Pandora.

In Ace, from the full screen visualization, back takes you to the Ace home screen with Pandora still playing. Back again goes back to full screen visualization. Stop goes to the next song. The pause workaround only works during the 1st Pandora song. After that, there is no stopping Pandora without exiting XBMC.

I love this skin, but Pandora is my main thing. How can I make this work?

Dave
I have always had this problem, and it is in the latest Gotham nightly too. If I go to the full screen visualization in the Pandora app, I can pause playback but back button just cycles between full screen and main menu screen, sort of like "tab" in other contexts. No way to get back to the main Pandora screen to change stations or exit.

Keyboard "s" then "enter" and restart XBMC is my method now Sad

scott s.