Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Screen resolution computer-tv hdmi not accurate samsung hdtv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, i have a problem.

When i connect my laptop with hdmi to my samsung hdtv the edges are cut off, i searched for many threads on google already but couldn't solve my problem so i post this. The hdmi cable is in the hdmi/dvi input and i changed it in the source meno to 'PC' but nothing changed/happend. Then i saw on threads much things about going in 'menu' to 'picture' and search in 'screen adjustments' to something like 'fill' or 'mode' or whatever it was, but if i go to picture there is like only 1 usefull setting for the resolation and thats the format button, when i press it 16:9 is highlighted, the other 2 options are 'zoom' or '4:3' but both still not fixing my problem, any one can help me? I'll read the answers as fast as possible, or you can send me a mail: [email protected] because i have to sleep now.. it's CET here.

Thanks!
What model of Samsung TV? I can try to look it up for ya. Samsung isn't very good about consistency of their menus :)
Close laptop so its only on the telly screen and set picture mode on Samsung to "screen fit"
(2013-08-24, 04:08)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]What model of Samsung TV? I can try to look it up for ya. Samsung isn't very good about consistency of their menus Smile
Where can i see what model i have? Can i find it on the TV?
Edit: wait, if i look on the back of the TV it says this:
Model: LE27S71B [R] C
Model code: LE27S71BXIXEC
Type no.: BD27EO
Anything usefull?

(2013-08-24, 08:24)jammyb Wrote: [ -> ]Close laptop so its only on the telly screen and set picture mode on Samsung to "screen fit"

Did it but can't find anything like 'screen fit'
On one of my Samsung TVs it says "just scan", which is 1:1 pixel mapping.
Screen fit is in picture mode

16:9
4:3
Etc
Etc
Screen fit.

Or 1:1
So, I am not 100% clear. woutaccor, are you talking about overscan? Thats a normal thing when send sending a pc signal to a TV. Why dont you just do the video calibration in the XBMC settings menu to adjust it?

Ernie
(2013-08-24, 13:16)jammyb Wrote: [ -> ]Screen fit is in picture mode

16:9
4:3
Etc
Etc
Screen fit.

Or 1:1
Not in my menu, i only have 16:9, zoom and 4:3

(2013-08-24, 13:26)aesalazar Wrote: [ -> ]So, I am not 100% clear. woutaccor, are you talking about overscan? Thats a normal thing when send sending a pc signal to a TV. Why dont you just do the video calibration in the XBMC settings menu to adjust it?

Ernie
how do i do the video calibration?

(2013-08-24, 13:12)twelvebore Wrote: [ -> ]On one of my Samsung TVs it says "just scan", which is 1:1 pixel mapping.

Not on my TV, for a reason
It would be Settings > System > Video Output> Video calibration...

See if that helps.

Ernie
if it is an ati video card there is a setting you can adjust for that
(2013-08-24, 14:16)aesalazar Wrote: [ -> ]It would be Settings > System > Video Output> Video calibration...

See if that helps.

Ernie

On the TV or PC?
(2013-08-24, 14:26)woutaccor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-24, 14:16)aesalazar Wrote: [ -> ]It would be Settings > System > Video Output> Video calibration...

See if that helps.

Ernie

On the TV or PC?

XBMC. I assume you are talking about setting up XBMC on a PC connected to a TV.

Ernie
problem is with TV it isn't problem as such u just have to change the setting in the TV menu to "Just Scan"
(2013-08-24, 14:50)aesalazar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-24, 14:26)woutaccor Wrote: [ -> ]

See if that helps.

Ernie

On the TV or PC?

XBMC. I assume you are talking about setting up XBMC on a PC connected to a TV.

Ernie
Yes, but can't find it.

(2013-08-24, 14:57)Richard39 Wrote: [ -> ]problem is with TV it isn't problem as such u just have to change the setting in the TV menu to "Just Scan"

I know but on my TV there isnt a just scan option
US TVs dont have an option like that - at least I have never seen one. Wish they did, sounds handy.

If you are running a skin other then confluence, try switching back to find it:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Fil...output.png
Pages: 1 2 3