Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: INVALID ARGUMENT ERROR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[/color][/b]Hi there, am at my wits end with this issue. I have downloaded XBMC on my mac mini which is connected to my tv. Am trying to add video from my network drive. I have 2 folders which are both shared with all my media.
When I add a location manually as an SMB, I can see the folders but they are empty, when I click on them I get the invalid argument error.

What is the fix for this, I can successfully access these folders through the macs connect to server function, but XBMC does not show the contents of the folders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Which version of XBMC is running
Which operating system is XBMC runing on
What kind of SMB server is running.

Come on - there are so many factors here and you didn't even mention one of it. Our crystal ball is completly broken...
(2013-08-26, 09:53)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Which version of XBMC is running
Which operating system is XBMC runing on
What kind of SMB server is running.

Come on - there are so many factors here and you didn't even mention one of it. Our crystal ball is completly broken...

Running 12.2 on a mac mini, have attempted to add source via add network location, choosing SMB.
Please reread my post and answer points 2 and 3 too ... i already feel a bit fooled ...
I am running latest version of OSX 10.8.4
I don't know what you mean by what kind of SMB server i am running. In XBMC when i try to manually add source, i select smb and then input the ip address of that machine, then input user/password. I see the folders then but when i select the folders i get the invalid argument.

I can access that same network harddrive through plex from the mac mini, so I know sharing permissions on the mac is not the issue.
What mashine is it where the smb is running at...

btw 10.8.5 is latest osx Wink
(2013-08-26, 18:45)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]What mashine is it where the smb is running at...

btw 10.8.5 is latest osx Wink

Ok, mac mini running 10.8.4, connected to tv.
External hard drive connected to iMac (10.8.4). Xbmc installed on the mac mini. Hard drive has 2 folders which are shared on the network. File sharing is enabled on both machines.
Allow access to "everyone" on the imac and try again...

If this doesn't work - post a debug log (wiki) from the macmini running xbmc.
(2013-08-27, 12:36)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Allow access to "everyone" on the imac and try again...

If this doesn't work - post a debug log (wiki) from the macmini running xbmc.
Hi there,

It didn't work again, I already had sharing to everyone enabled, but turned it off and then back on again, still got invalid argument error.

Log file here - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=50903