Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trailers not working correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently running the latest version of Frodo and lately I have noticed that none of the trailer add-ons work correctly anymore. When I play a trailer it takes few seconds to start (which could be normal) but the screen does not change and the trailer starts playing in the background because I can hear the sounds. Screen change takes another few seconds.

I thought that it was a network issue but same trailers work instantly from the website.

Any suggestion?
Try toggling the flag in settings>skin>general Allways play trailers full screen. You don't mention the skin you're running and version (latest means mostly nothing) of XBMC a healthy debug log posted to a proper pastebin and linked to this message goes a long way to setting your issues to rest.

I'll just mention that trailer URL path is stored in your .nfo file as gathered by your scrape information. The trailer will play as fast as inside a browser if that information is correct. Your issue may be the information isn't correct, a cache issue, different db than your browser is pointing, etc.. a whole host of issues especially if you don't see the trailer until it makes noise.

If you have a local trailer, put it into the movies folder 'before' the scrape, this local trailer plays instantly unlike most website locations.
I've got a bit of an odd scenario with trailers... installed on a win7 laptop... all working fine except.... trailers, when I hit info in library mode and click on the trailer button it does nothing, I thought perhaps YouTube needs to be installed, so I went to 'Get Addons' but the list is completely empty... even if I go into addons in settings... the list is empty.

Any ideas? it works fine on my Pi, Linux and Xbox builds the addons are there and trailers work straight away...

Or could anyone point me at the .zip file so I could side load it as the addons install doesn't seem to work?