Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 3D support in Gothum Master branch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
since the forum thread on stereoscopic builds is up to page 55 and counting, and using thread search, I was unable to find a recent response to frame packed outputs, im going to ask here now...

Please can someone tell me if current master branch can force output of 3d streams(HSBS and HOU mainly im concerned with atm) into 120hZ frame packed output?

my projector requires this method to display 3d, and as everyone knows, the whole media playback experience is always nicer when driven via the xbmc guiSmile

many thanks in advance,
Dam0
do not post in development for support.
besides it's GOTHAM
thanks for moving, and yes I noticed spelling mistake as soon as I posted, lol
Frame packed 3D is not supported yet. There is a build by afedchin for nVidia and Intel 3D cards. However it doesn't work for me. My TV will show '3D signal detected' but SBS and OU are not converted to frame packed.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1481568
thx for the response baijuxavior, I will install if there is a binary over at that thread and report back.

D.
Baijuxavior..

A questions
If we convert a frame packed 3d bluray.. to Full SBS (3840x1080)

1. would this be equal quality as frame packed, right? Even sligthly better cause is frame packed is 1920x2205
2. xbmc play the full sbs correctly?
unfortunately, my rig feeding my projector uses ati based GPU, and the dev behind the frame packed build has clearly stated that hes not interested in integrating ati GPU since he has no suitable hardware.

so I guess I will just need to be patient for gotham final build.

D.
Dam0 , frame packed 3d support is not planned for final build
oh well, thats too bad then :-(

nm