Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XI controller not working as it should anymore (MotioninJoy) buttons repeating.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all I have been using XBMC (windows) for the past few weeks with my budget PS3 pad. I use MotioninJoy to make it work as a Xinput controller (emulating 360 controller). Its been working perfectly fine and as it should..

Now then, a few days ago I decided to format and re-install windows on my system drive (XBMC was installed on data drive), I did so and got windows running, got motion in joy working and tested it with a couple of games, the Xinput is working fine. I thought everything was good so proceeded to my XBMC install folder and ran the .exe. It loads as normal and I can use the controller to navigate but when I press a button its as if the button is being pressed repeatedly very quickly until the next button is pressed?

I thought it could be because I needed to reinstall XBMC properly so deleted my old install folder and re-installed but the problem is still there.. :any ideas? It's strange as it worked perfectly before I re-installed windows with no set-up on my behalf.. the controller must be sending the right information or else wouldn't the buttons repeat in games too?

cheers.
This is really doing my head in, I have tried multiple .XML files to try and fix it, adding extra device names to them, tried re-installing multiple times, tested the controller with Xinput re-istalled motioninjoy multiple times removed devices that might've been causing conflict, even the bloody mouse and keyboard...

Dont know what else to try Im almost at the point of re-installing windows again although I dont see how its going to help as the controller works PERFECTLY in everything else. It not like XBMC doesnt even see the device it works as it should and the buttons are mapped corecctly just when you press one it acts as if its being pressed 10,00000000000 times! This is driving me mad.

This seems almost exactly the same as the remote repeat issue except making a advanced config .XML file with <remoterepeat>1000</remoterepeat> in as I have read does absolutely sweet FA.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Confused