Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ripping TV shows in the correct order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using MakeMKV lately to rip my bluray's and did Breaking Bad a while back. I had noticed that the continuity was kind if weird but I wrote it off to the style of the show. However, I was watching the first half of season 5 and with like 3 episodes to go I was inadvertently watching the mid season finale. Is there a way to ensure that I am getting TV shows in the right order? Episode names are sometimes cryptic and the show itself doesn't show the episode name.
I'm not understanding how you could have gotten them out of order if you ripped them in order...
This is usually caused by the poor authoring on the DVD/BluRay. Sometimes, I think the studios do it purposely.

Title 1 is not necessarily the first episode, Title 4 is not necessarily the fourth episode.

The only real certain way to do this is to actually play the disk with, say VLC or software player, use the menu and navigate and play a few seconds of each episode and see what TITLE is playing.
Yeah I'm thinking exactly what Gregiboy said and I agree the studios do it on purpose. I just did Enterprise season 2 and they list episodes 1-4 but luckily each episode shows the title so I was able to determine that what they did was label them in reverse order. Title 4 was actually episode1, title 3 episode 2, etc. It's these series' that don't show the episode title in the video that present a problem for me.

I use Media Player Classic to make sure file rip properly. Are you saying there's a way to have it display the title number it's playing? If not. I'd get VLC and have that do it, that would solve this problem for sure.
Yeah, VLC will tell you what title is actually playing from the disk once you play through the menu system.