Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dan just a heads up, that's the same problem i mentioned to you and changing the notifications didn't solve it but i found deleting the TV shows cache stops it crashing.
Is EMM ready for Kodi?
(2014-11-09, 17:53)Dragen Wrote: [ -> ]Is EMM ready for Kodi?

Yes, use Frodo settings.
I'm currently working on an update for the trakt.tv module in Ember.
At the moment only syncing of playcounts is implemented so working on sync list/tag mechanism right now. The idea is to bring your own personal trakt.tv lists(like: http://trakt.tv/user/Hiro/lists ) into XBMC using (coming) tag support in Ember. This means all movies which are part of a trakt.tv list will be tagged like "trakt_listname" to represent this list. Screenshot of current layout:

I also created a small listviewer module for trakt.tv to watch popular lists in Ember. It can be used to explore unknown movies (example: movies missing of IMDB Top250):
(2014-11-12, 00:25)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently working on an update for the trakt.tv module in Ember.
At the moment only syncing of playcounts is implemented so working on sync list/tag mechanism right now. The idea is to bring your own personal trakt.tv lists(like: http://trakt.tv/user/Hiro/lists ) into XBMC using (coming) tag support in Ember. This means all movies which are part of a trakt.tv list will be tagged like "trakt_listname" to represent this list. Screenshot of current layout:

I also created a small listviewer module for trakt.tv to watch popular lists in Ember. It can be used to explore unknown movies (example: movies missing of IMDB Top250):

Big GrinCool
Many thanks for the beta version!

I've explored and searched in vain to put metadata for all movies in one folder. The thing is that I have one folder with all my moves which I upload to a LAN drive connected to my router. Management of this configuration I find easier if I don't have all the metadata mixed in with actual movies.

I suppose it cannot be done. Any chance that this feature may get included?

Cheers!
(2014-11-12, 17:52)Pachuco Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for the beta version!

I've explored and searched in vain to put metadata for all movies in one folder. The thing is that I have one folder with all my moves which I upload to a LAN drive connected to my router. Management of this configuration I find easier if I don't have all the metadata mixed in with actual movies.

I suppose it cannot be done. Any chance that this feature may get included?

Cheers!

Hi,
I'm not sure what you mean... Right now metadata (scanned videofile information like Bitrate, Subtitle language) information is safed into NFO file of the movie. Or are you refering to files like fanart.jpg, poster, banner...? You want to save those images in a global directory without movies? But then XBMC won't be able to scan/find those files. Or is it for backup purposes? If thats the case you can freeware tools like syncback to save your mediafiles like nfo,images into one ZIP file for example. I do this to backup my files (without movie file) every month. I think it's not possible in Ember right now Smile
Should I wait till the official release to scan my movie library?

Or can I scan it with ember now and rescan when a later version comes out?

How does rescanning effect your files? Is it as simple as changing the nfo info and posters, fan art etc?
Same deal. Beta just gives more options. I will only change files you have allowed to change. I'd say dig through each setting and get familiar. Ember can auto rename some items, create folders, allow picture overwrites, etc.
How can I show the DiscArt (disc.png) next to the little Cover in the main window? The option to hide it is not checked unter options-gerneral.

Thanks
(2014-11-15, 01:08)scorpie Wrote: [ -> ]How can I show the DiscArt (disc.png) next to the little Cover in the main window? The option to hide it is not checked unter options-gerneral.

Thanks
Not possible in this release. I've added only the settings ;-)
Sniff
Just want to try 1.4 now. I opened the download thread and there is a big waring to not install in the programs folder unless I know how to set access rights. I am pretty handy with windows but can't find the instructions to set access rights and these threads are pretty huge, is there a direct link possible? Also for the other alternative, if I shoulf not install in program files, does it matter where? would rather not have it in documents to keep backups smaller.
(2014-11-16, 10:16)kees667 Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to try 1.4 now. I opened the download thread and there is a big waring to not install in the programs folder unless I know how to set access rights. I am pretty handy with windows but can't find the instructions to set access rights and these threads are pretty huge, is there a direct link possible? Also for the other alternative, if I shoulf not install in program files, does it matter where? would rather not have it in documents to keep backups smaller.

Yep scroll down to bottom of FAQ page:
http://wiki.embermediamanager.org/index.php?title=FAQ

But there's no need to go through that anymore because Ember comes with own setup installer which will do this during setup for you Smile
Thx! :-)