Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a show out called A to Z. In Ember it's showing up as "to Z, A". I imagine the code you have is set up so that it just takes anything starting with an A and converts it to that format. I'm not sure there are many TV shows anyway that start with that format "A ...." the same way that it's more common with movies.
You can remove the "A" sorting in tvshows setting, the same way as for movies
Is there a way to prevent Ember from picking up files that begin with a period when scanning for new movies?

I access my media server from a Mac and it adds hidden copies of the files that begin with periods and Ember sometimes picks those up as the movie instead of the real file. For example, it might choose ".Out of the Fog (1941).mpg" as the movie instead of the real "Out of the Fog (1941).mpg".

I just want Ember to ignore all those files.
This is standard POSIX (unix, Linux, Mac OSX).

the files starting with a dot . DOES NOT APPER, they are hidden.

If you access the share via smb it's possible those files are shown. There should be an option in the smb conf file to hide them.
You may check in OS X too.
(2014-12-19, 02:23)Drazzilb Wrote: [ -> ]One other question: Is there any plan to implement anything with the CDArt script to differentiate between a dvd (Source) and Bluray (Source) for the disc image downloaded. Or is this not possible?
The Fanart.tv Scraper is ready for this, but i'm still working on a new "Select Image" dialog for more image features.

(2014-12-19, 19:07)JavaLawyer Wrote: [ -> ]Are there plans to build-out this functionality in an upcoming release? (coming soon. . . no ETA...)
I'm waiting for the next huge major changes from m.savazzi. After we have implemented his changes, i will start to do a complete rework on tv show scraping.

(2014-12-19, 22:12)Mitchlw Wrote: [ -> ]Quick/Small Question;

If i add different seasons from a TV Show, which are stored across multiple HDD's, to EMM...for example;

HDD 1 contains Arrow S01
HDD 2 contains Arrow S02

EMM adds the show 2 times to your collection instead of one entry with both seasons attached to it.....so EMM handles it likes this;

Arrow
-Season 1 (HDD 1)
Arrow
-Season 2 (HDD 2)

instead of

Arrow
-Season 1 (HDD 1)
-Season 2 (HDD 2)

Can I and how could I fix this?

Hope you understand what i mean!

Thanks,
Mitch.

Hmmm, i'm not shure if we can solve this.
But maybe Kodi will drop this feature anyway: Removal of multipath support
Okay seem to be having a bit of an isue with EMM crashing.

The only thing thats different is I'm adding Farscape Season 05.

My folder set up is (through an unraid server. Mapped network drive "Media" )
z:\Tower\Media\TV Shows\Farscape\Season 05

If I remove "Season 05" all is well. When i add it through the "Update Library" button. Instant crash.

That is with and without media even.

The version of ember is 1.0.4.7.

Here is the log file:

http://pastebin.com/z53ZRF9n

If that isn't the correct file please let me know so we can get this resolved.

Thanks Dan
(2014-12-20, 15:14)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]the files starting with a dot . DOES NOT APPER, they are hidden.

If you access the share via smb it's possible those files are shown. There should be an option in the smb conf file to hide them.
You may check in OS X too.

Thanks m.savazzi. That got me thinking. I remote access my Windows HTPC from my Mac to use Ember. I have that Windows machine set to show hidden files to make it easy to access the AppData folder when messing around with Kodi.

I always thought those files were still hidden to Windows programs, but maybe that's not right. It makes sense because I've also had problems with Kodi and the Missing Movie addon picking up some of those fake files too. I ended up having to add a regexp to the advanced settings to try to get Kodi to ignore the dot files.

I'll turn off the "show hidden files" option and see if that makes a difference. That just never crossed my mind before to even try. If not, take a look at the smb.conf file.
I don't know if it's me or the program, but the verifying of movie details is awfully slow for some movies and I don't know why.
GoEar is disabled, but that should only impact scraping, anyway. So, I scrape an already present movie (so just update data; pictures already present), what takes about 3-5 seconds with data from tmdb, imdb and ofdb.
I choose the data I want, click ok, can edit what I want and as soon as I hit ok, depending on the movie, it might take anything from 2 seconds up to 30! seconds.

I can recreate this more or less with every movie and mostly it takes about the same time. So movie 1 - try 1: 30secs, try 2: 15secs, try 3: 20secs -- movie 2: t1: 3s, t2: 5s, t3: 3s.
It doesn't matter if they are 720p, 1080p, have one or a bazillion audio/subtitle-tracks, it doesn't matter if they have only 4 or 500 posters on tmdb. Some are just fast, some are painfully slow, for no apparent reason.
All movies are located on the same PC (and harddrive) in a network.

So really my question is... WHAT does EMM do when 'verifying movie details'? The movie has already been scraped in the previous step, so I assume anything internet-related is done, as well as getting metadata from the file. I don't understand what's taking it so long, as obviously some files are processed in a tenth of the time as some others.
(2014-12-21, 21:58)Photatum Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if it's me or the program, but the verifying of movie details is awfully slow for some movies and I don't know why.
GoEar is disabled, but that should only impact scraping, anyway. So, I scrape an already present movie (so just update data; pictures already present), what takes about 3-5 seconds with data from tmdb, imdb and ofdb.
I choose the data I want, click ok, can edit what I want and as soon as I hit ok, depending on the movie, it might take anything from 2 seconds up to 30! seconds.

I can recreate this more or less with every movie and mostly it takes about the same time. So movie 1 - try 1: 30secs, try 2: 15secs, try 3: 20secs -- movie 2: t1: 3s, t2: 5s, t3: 3s.
It doesn't matter if they are 720p, 1080p, have one or a bazillion audio/subtitle-tracks, it doesn't matter if they have only 4 or 500 posters on tmdb. Some are just fast, some are painfully slow, for no apparent reason.
All movies are located on the same PC (and harddrive) in a network.

So really my question is... WHAT does EMM do when 'verifying movie details'? The movie has already been scraped in the previous step, so I assume anything internet-related is done, as well as getting metadata from the file. I don't understand what's taking it so long, as obviously some files are processed in a tenth of the time as some others.

Ember downloads all actor images after the "Edit Movie" dialog.
(2014-12-20, 13:10)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]You can remove the "A" sorting in tvshows setting, the same way as for movies

Thanks. It's under "Sort Tokens to Ignore".
(2014-12-21, 23:20)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Ember downloads all actor images after the "Edit Movie" dialog.
Thanks, good to know. But... is there a reason it does that?
I don't save actor images locally and XBMC gets the images online when it needs to, anyway. So this is actually doubling the time (or way more, if I just update and already have poster/fanart) to edit a movie, only to get something I don't need and the program doesn't even keep.
The way I understand it, EMM currently loads the actor images (which takes up much time and bandwidth - for latter I don't care, but tmdb etc. might), then forgets about them instantly. So the images are downloaded just for the sake of downloading them. ^^

Couldn't this be optional, so that it is (only) used, when I actually want to save actor images in the movies folder? I think this would be highly convenient for users and the providers of all that stuff.
(2014-12-25, 23:42)Photatum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-21, 23:20)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Ember downloads all actor images after the "Edit Movie" dialog.
Thanks, good to know. But... is there a reason it does that?
I don't save actor images locally and XBMC gets the images online when it needs to, anyway. So this is actually doubling the time (or way more, if I just update and already have poster/fanart) to edit a movie, only to get something I don't need and the program doesn't even keep.
The way I understand it, EMM currently loads the actor images (which takes up much time and bandwidth - for latter I don't care, but tmdb etc. might), then forgets about them instantly. So the images are downloaded just for the sake of downloading them. ^^

Couldn't this be optional, so that it is (only) used, when I actually want to save actor images in the movies folder? I think this would be highly convenient for users and the providers of all that stuff.

There is an option in settings to disable actor thumbs downloading: Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> File Naming -> Actor Thumbs
Hello, when i first used this app i was able to choose the trailers i downloaded but for some reason i cannot now after changing some settings, even when i reinstalled it with revo. Anybody have any idea on this?
First off, huge thanks to everyone involved for such a nifty programme!

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. Is it possible to run the bulk movie renamer from the command line? It's the final piece in my automated HTPC jigsaw and would make my day/week/year Smile

Running 1.4.0.7
Ember 1.4.7 and older version seem to be stuck after scraping all infos/images for a movie. I do "(Re) Scrape a movie, choose everything. After that, it says"Scraping" at the bottom and nothing happen. I have to kill the process. (AND yes I have VLC x86 with ActiveX plugin)