Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-03-21, 22:33)voyagerxp Wrote: [ -> ]Hey peeps i've been using Ember 2.1 for a long time but decided to upgrade to 1.4 but there are a lot of changes i've never seen. The scrapers have changed from what i'm used to, how do i setup the API key as nothing scrapes unless i chose IMDB as my scraper.

You don't need own API keys. Ember will use embedded keys if you leave the fields emtpy.
You need new Settings.xml if you come from an older version.

(2014-03-21, 23:27)LenoxLowey Wrote: [ -> ]who is thge download link?

First post.... Wink
Deleted
(2014-03-21, 23:33)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-21, 22:33)voyagerxp Wrote: [ -> ]Hey peeps i've been using Ember 2.1 for a long time but decided to upgrade to 1.4 but there are a lot of changes i've never seen. The scrapers have changed from what i'm used to, how do i setup the API key as nothing scrapes unless i chose IMDB as my scraper.

You don't need own API keys. Ember will use embedded keys if you leave the fields emtpy.
You need new Settings.xml if you come from an older version.

(2014-03-21, 23:27)LenoxLowey Wrote: [ -> ]who is thge download link?

First post.... Wink

Thanks sorted now.
I like the new version but have a few issues with it.

First under the x64 version it hangs now and then for no reason that I can find. This happens when you scrap a single title (ctrl-I). The search result box pops up and the green bar starts to go across for the searching TMDB but then the green bar stops and it just sits there. I have waited 10 minutes for it but nothing. I use task manager to cancel the process and restart ember, when I do the same steps again it scraps it. I have not found any patter to it, some times it is the second title I scrap and other times its the tenth. When I try the x86 version it does not seam to have that problem.

The other thing I have not found any settings where I can have the trailer and images to auto download when I scrap like it does in the 1.3 R20 version.

Also I see in the settings for TV Theme for TV series, yet I can't find anything in the TV Show Edit screen to link or scrap the theme. Is this something that is being added?
(2014-03-22, 23:00)ZacGates Wrote: [ -> ]I like the new version but have a few issues with it.

First under the x64 version it hangs now and then for no reason that I can find. This happens when you scrap a single title (ctrl-I). The search result box pops up and the green bar starts to go across for the searching TMDB but then the green bar stops and it just sits there. I have waited 10 minutes for it but nothing. I use task manager to cancel the process and restart ember, when I do the same steps again it scraps it. I have not found any patter to it, some times it is the second title I scrap and other times its the tenth. When I try the x86 version it does not seam to have that problem.

The other thing I have not found any settings where I can have the trailer and images to auto download when I scrap like it does in the 1.3 R20 version.

Also I see in the settings for TV Theme for TV series, yet I can't find anything in the TV Show Edit screen to link or scrap the theme. Is this something that is being added?

I will more testing the x64 (most time i code and debug with x86).

It's true, there is no special settings for auto and single scrape. If you have enabled a media type like poster, fanart or trailer (for example "Frodo Trailer"), Ember will download this type on auto scraping and display on single scraping. Do you think we need separate settings like "do this on auto scrape" and "do this on single scrape"?

TV Theme isn't available atm (also ClearLogo, ClearArt, Disc and the other fanart.tv stuff). I know, the settings are there, but i have do this for future support.
(2014-03-23, 01:10)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]I will more testing the x64 (most time i code and debug with x86).

It's true, there is no special settings for auto and single scrape. If you have enabled a media type like poster, fanart or trailer (for example "Frodo Trailer"), Ember will download this type on auto scraping and display on single scraping. Do you think we need separate settings like "do this on auto scrape" and "do this on single scrape"?

TV Theme isn't available atm (also ClearLogo, ClearArt, Disc and the other fanart.tv stuff). I know, the settings are there, but i have do this for future support.

It seems like it locks up when then website times out if that helps any.

As for the scraping of trailers. I use the single scraping so I can pick what I want as the poster and fanart. It would be nice if it would also grab the trailer at the same time. Clicking the Plus then clicking download is not a problem to do.

Themes is something that I download for TV series now and also for movies. XBMC allows the playing of them on both the movies and TV series. So if you add that feature, please add it to both and not just one.
(2014-03-23, 01:19)ZacGates Wrote: [ -> ]Themes is something that I download for TV series now and also for movies. XBMC allows the playing of them on both the movies and TV series. So if you add that feature, please add it to both and not just one.

Ok, I did not know that there are also themes for movies.
(2014-03-23, 01:40)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-23, 01:19)ZacGates Wrote: [ -> ]Themes is something that I download for TV series now and also for movies. XBMC allows the playing of them on both the movies and TV series. So if you add that feature, please add it to both and not just one.

Ok, I did not know that there are also themes for movies.

Under Gotham if you configure the TV Tunes program add-on there are settings for it to play and search/download for movie themes. Not all skins support the movies. if they don't you can hack the script and add it in with little problems.
(2014-02-28, 22:18)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-27, 23:56)JohnWPB Wrote: [ -> ]Is the x64 & x86 separate / "Any" / combined still a work in progress? I just downloaded: EmberMM - Release x86 - 20140221. When I unzip, and attempt to run it, I get: "Ember Media Manager.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

I downloaded the x64 bit, thinking that they may have been named incorrectly, but no luck.

My machine specs are in my Sig.

There are TWO different versions as we have extyernal dependancies (ffmpeg, etc..). So you have to download the correct one, and create a NEW folder for it.
Do not mix previous installations with this new version

I'm using both the x64 and the x86 version on two different machines and they work

Yes, I know there are TWO different versions, If you would have read my post completely, I even mentioned that I downloaded BOTH and tried them, in case it was a mix up with the naming when committing the files for download.

I am running a 32bit machine here, 3.2 Ghz quad core Intel. As you can see from the attached screen capture, I downloaded the 32bit EmberMM_Release_20140317_x86.zip (I copied it to the ember directory just for reference, it is just above the error dialog box). After unzipping, and attempting to run Ember Media Manager.exe, I get an error that this is not a valid 32bit application, as you can also see in the screen capture.

And yes, this was a complete fresh install. I copied the files to a backup drive for safe keeping (Luckily!) and deleted the originals before unzipping the new version to the folder.

So basically, this is the same as my first post Wink

(2014-03-23, 11:51)JohnWPB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-28, 22:18)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-27, 23:56)JohnWPB Wrote: [ -> ]Is the x64 & x86 separate / "Any" / combined still a work in progress? I just downloaded: EmberMM - Release x86 - 20140221. When I unzip, and attempt to run it, I get: "Ember Media Manager.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

I downloaded the x64 bit, thinking that they may have been named incorrectly, but no luck.

My machine specs are in my Sig.

There are TWO different versions as we have extyernal dependancies (ffmpeg, etc..). So you have to download the correct one, and create a NEW folder for it.
Do not mix previous installations with this new version

I'm using both the x64 and the x86 version on two different machines and they work

Yes, I know there are TWO different versions, If you would have read my post completely, I even mentioned that I downloaded BOTH and tried them, in case it was a mix up with the naming when committing the files for download.

I am running a 32bit machine here, 3.2 Ghz quad core Intel. As you can see from the attached screen capture, I downloaded the 32bit EmberMM_Release_20140317_x86.zip (I copied it to the ember directory just for reference, it is just above the error dialog box). After unzipping, and attempting to run Ember Media Manager.exe, I get an error that this is not a valid 32bit application, as you can also see in the screen capture.

And yes, this was a complete fresh install. I copied the files to a backup drive for safe keeping (Luckily!) and deleted the originals before unzipping the new version to the folder.

So basically, this is the same as my first post Wink

JohnWPB,
thanks for providing again all the details. That error is very weird. It looks like the executable is corrupted OR if it tries to load a "wrong bit depth" library on startup.

Can you do 2 things:
1) unizp the file using wirRar or 7Zip
2) check in the system logs if there is any additional info?
3) can you unzip the file in another folder and check that the libraries are not locked (under file properties check if there is a checkbox saying Unblock content)

M
(2014-03-23, 01:10)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]I will more testing the x64 (most time i code and debug with x86).

There should not be any difference between x86 and x64 as, in the code, we do not have any #IF related to the platform.
The only difference (if any) should be related to the external libraries we use... but, even here, there should not be any.

Hoping this helps.

M
(2014-02-28, 23:25)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]Question: I'm having issues with Offline manager, should it be working? or is still WIP?

Yes, it's WIP. But I think I can finished today and do a new release.
(2014-03-23, 12:38)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]Can you do 2 things:
1) unizp the file using wirRar or 7Zip
2) check in the system logs if there is any additional info?
3) can you unzip the file in another folder and check that the libraries are not locked (under file properties check if there is a checkbox saying Unblock content)

1 & 2) I used WinRar to extract it to a newly created folder. Here is the Pastebin of the WinRar log.

3) No abnormalities on the libraries, not locked, hidden ect.
For some scraped movies an error pops up: 'an error has occurred failed to convert <4:3>'. I do not know what is causing it. Any ideas?
(2014-03-23, 14:41)Milo1982 Wrote: [ -> ]For some scraped movies an error pops up: 'an error has occurred failed to convert <4:3>'. I do not know what is causing it. Any ideas?

Yes. Try to rescan the metadata of these movies.