Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-01, 01:03)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-01, 00:47)cyberman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-01, 00:19)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: It's fixed for next release.

Thank you. But... When will it be? I can't go on scraping with this bug Wink Or is it maybe just one file you changed and you could upload it? *g

But I'm not sure if that works with your version: Link

naaah sadly it doesn't work. I replaced that dll, but the IMDB scraper is not on the list of data scrapers in Ember anymore.

I hope there will be a new release because this one currently is broken as the date is not being scraped.
(2014-06-01, 01:35)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]One more question - my movie trailers are all stored as movie-trailer.ext. Obviously, they are in a number of different formats using different extensions. What can I type in under Edit>Settings>Movies>Files and Sources>Expert>Trailer to get them all recognized? I tried movie-trailer.<ext> and movie-trailer.ext, but neither worked.

No extention needed, type only "movie-trailer" without any extension.
Thanks a bunch!
Is there a way to filter movies for the Bulk Renamer? I don't want to rename all 2000 at once, but in groups.
Someone can help with this error plis.

(LOG) Ember Media Manager 1.4 BETA ERROR

(IMG) Snap from the error

Pls dev try to help me!
Ok, so I am trying out beta 1.4.0.0

If I open up the edit movie window and go to look at any of the png art (logo, disc, clearart) they don't show up when I select the appropriate tab.
But if I click the discart tab for example and click 'change clearart local' and then select my file it will show the art..... HOWEVER
when I click ok after this and it closes the edit movie window it deletes all my other png files...
Is this a known issue... is this feature not yet ready?

also when will fanart.tv scraper be available. I went to their website and got an API key but it would not work for me.
(2014-06-01, 04:04)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I am trying out beta 1.4.0.0

If I open up the edit movie window and go to look at any of the png art (logo, disc, clearart) they don't show up when I select the appropriate tab.
But if I click the discart tab for example and click 'change clearart local' and then select my file it will show the art..... HOWEVER
when I click ok after this and it closes the edit movie window it deletes all my other png files...

also when will fanart.tv scraper be available. I went to their website and got an API key but it would not work for me.

Not sure if your on latest release. But you don't need your own API key. It is all built in and fanart.tv for movies works fine. Make sure you reload database for ember to recognize. No need to individually download local art for movies that have proper naming.
Another question / request feature: automatic detection of movie names is similar to the old versions, but a far cry from how accurate XBMC's is at this point. Things like NAME_OF_MOVIE seem to cause trouble. And MOVIE_NAME_YEAR (where YEAR is something like 1990) don't seem to have much effect on the detection of movies.

Hopefully, I'm doing something wrong (aside from having named my movies in a way that EMM doesn't like); or is this something that can be improved?
And another question / request: it would be great to be able to "change movie" without needing to do the scrapes. Fixing the right title will take care of the other stuff with auto-search without taking as much time.
(2014-06-01, 02:12)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-01, 01:35)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]One more question - my movie trailers are all stored as movie-trailer.ext. Obviously, they are in a number of different formats using different extensions. What can I type in under Edit>Settings>Movies>Files and Sources>Expert>Trailer to get them all recognized? I tried movie-trailer.<ext> and movie-trailer.ext, but neither worked.

I did that, but none of my trailers are not showing up.
We need the new release Big Grin
(2014-06-01, 02:16)gregoryx Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to filter movies for the Bulk Renamer? I don't want to rename all 2000 at once, but in groups.
No, not yet. Do a feature request if you want that and tell me good solution or how it sould be working.
(2014-06-01, 03:22)varoeax Wrote: [ -> ]Someone can help with this error plis.

(LOG) Ember Media Manager 1.4 BETA ERROR

(IMG) Snap from the error

Pls dev try to help me!
Please, read that damn f*** hints i have wroted in release thread!
(2014-06-01, 04:15)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-01, 04:04)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I am trying out beta 1.4.0.0

Not sure if your on latest release. But you don't need your own API key. It is all built in and fanart.tv for movies works fine. Make sure you reload database for ember to recognize. No need to individually download local art for movies that have proper naming.
We have embedded API keys for all scrapers, no private keys needed. You need only a private API key for TVDB if you want/need the EpsiodeGuideURL in NFO.
Fanart.tv scraper works fine on movies.
Reload your database (Tools -> Relead all Movies) to recognize this images.

Ember will delete existing images while Edit Movie dialog ist closing and no image is selected for an individual image type.
(2014-06-01, 04:25)gregoryx Wrote: [ -> ]Another question / request feature: automatic detection of movie names is similar to the old versions, but a far cry from how accurate XBMC's is at this point. Things like NAME_OF_MOVIE seem to cause trouble. And MOVIE_NAME_YEAR (where YEAR is something like 1990) don't seem to have much effect on the detection of movies.

Hopefully, I'm doing something wrong (aside from having named my movies in a way that EMM doesn't like); or is this something that can be improved?
Only year in brakets are recognized.
XBMC has many rules for movie and episode filenames. I will try to add/change all rules in Ember in next time.
(2014-06-01, 06:08)gregoryx Wrote: [ -> ]And another question / request: it would be great to be able to "change movie" without needing to do the scrapes. Fixing the right title will take care of the other stuff with auto-search without taking as much time.
"Change Movie" is only to CHANGE a wrong scraped movie. It will delete all existing images, trailers, themes and other scraped content to clean up the movie.
If you only want fix the title, you have many options to do that:
- Rescrape a movie and click on "Cancel" in every image dialog to hold the existing images
- Use a autoscraper with "NFO Only"
- Use the custom scraper and select only the fields in NFO that you want change/rescrape
(2014-06-01, 06:52)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-01, 02:12)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]

I did that, but none of my trailers are not showing up.
Please upload a screenshot of your movie folder and your expert settings.
(2014-06-01, 13:42)cyberman Wrote: [ -> ]We need the new release Big Grin
I release only a new version if we have finished the new features and fixed most important errors.
Next release will have a new DB that allowed us to change DB structure with every new release (like in XBMC).
Thanks... the fanart.tv issue was my own stupidity. Got it working. Thank you.
Actually I can get fanart.tv working.... but when I enable it I get the 'object reference not set to an instance of an object error... it will work but when I shut down EMM and reboot then fanart.tv is no longer enabled and I have to do it all over. Is this a known issue?

(2014-06-01, 14:23)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Ember will delete existing images while Edit Movie dialog ist closing and no image is selected for an individual image type.

Is there a way to change this... don't really understand why that would work that way....Huh
(2014-06-01, 15:11)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I can get fanart.tv working.... but when I enable it I get the 'object reference not set to an instance of an object error... it will work but when I shut down EMM and reboot then fanart.tv is no longer enabled and I have to do it all over. Is this a known issue?

(2014-06-01, 14:23)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Ember will delete existing images while Edit Movie dialog ist closing and no image is selected for an individual image type.

Is there a way to change this... don't really understand why that would work that way....Huh

Read the hints in release thread (Feetching Languages)...

No. Relead all movies and your problem is solved.