Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-08-17, 15:36)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: [ -> ]Dan is the next release having personal api keys for fanart.tv?
No, not in next release. But we are working on it and also on new fanart.tv API v3.

(2014-08-22, 19:35)toineb Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Guys, any update on the next beta release ?

Thanks
Changelog is done for next release ;-)
Working on installer and last fix for settings and advancedsettings...

Tomorrow will be the day of days ;-)
(2014-08-22, 22:59)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Tomorrow will be the day of days ;-)
Sweet, can't hardly wait!
(2014-08-22, 22:59)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-17, 15:36)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: [ -> ]Dan is the next release having personal api keys for fanart.tv?
No, not in next release. But we are working on it and also on new fanart.tv API v3.

(2014-08-22, 19:35)toineb Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Guys, any update on the next beta release ?

Thanks

Great news thank you, I have finally got round to finishing off my htpc rebuild last night, so perfect timing - thank you all for your hard work
(2014-08-22, 22:59)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks

Like a real boss men! tks
New release is online.

Please use new settings and advancedsettings!

Changelog 1.4.x Beta(2014-08-22)

[Main]
added: -tvupdate to command line starting
added: new movieset management with extra tab
added: auto scraper for moviesets
added: new "DateAdded" options (same like in XBMC: now, ctime, mtime, from NFO)
added: "DateAdded" field for movie and episode NFO
added: 4 additional custom markers for movie list with adjustable colors and names
added: "Collection" (TMDB collection ID's) for NFO
added: option to activate "Scrape image on right mouse double click" in main window
added: more fields to "Update Single Field"
added: language and ordering can now be set individually for each tv show source
added: default search parameter for search on Youtube (search field is auto filled with "moviename {parameter}" like "Avatar trailer german")
added: new fields and image types to custom scraper
added: "None" buttons in custom scraper
added: export movies/tv shows list to XML
added: new fields for furturer 3D support
added: more image previews in main window (we need a better concept for more/all image previews)
fixed: not all content is recognize on DB update
fixed: command line starting
fixed: trailer downloading
fixed: tariler download process bar
fixed: prefered and minimun trailer quality
fixed: XBMC YouTube addon trailer link compatibility
fixed: movie certification languages (now in "MovieCertLanguages.xml", you can add own languages)
fixed: image tabs in "Edit Movie/MovieSet" are no longer displayed if a image type is not activated in settings
fixed: image scrolling in image select dialog (now it's smooth and without jumping anymore)
fixed: search on YouTube (trailers)
fixed: tv rating region
fixed: some tv languages issues
fixed: episode poster prefered size
fixed: some MediaInfo issues
fixed: list size while first start
fixed: some "Movie Expert Settings" issues
fixed: Boxee tv show ID
changed: TVDB scraper downloads new informations automatically if no info is precached for a new episode
changed: removed Adobe Flash plugin (now we use VLC for trailer and theme previews)
changed: new trailer preview dialog
changed: rating from 5 to 10 stars
changed: new internal modules handling
changed: new internal XML serialization
removed: NMT and MediaBrower modules (we will rework this later)
removed: YAMJ module (now fully supported in Ember)
removed: Boxee module (now fully supported in Ember)

[Renamer]
fixed: works now on auto and manually scraping
fixed: errors with rating
added: new parameters (audio & video codec, channels and more...)

[TMDB data scraper]
added: different settings for movies and moviesets
added: get "Collection" ID of a movie
added: data scraper for moviesets
fixed: genre limit

[IMDB data scraper]
fixed: genre limit
fixed: release date

[OFDB data scraper]
added: FSK scraping

[TMDB image scraper]
added: display only preferend language images
added: also display english images
added: also blank english images
added: image scraper for moviesets

[IMDB image scraper]

[Fanart.tv image scraper]
fixed: URL's for image preview
added: display only preferend language images
added: also display english images
added: also blank english images
added: image scraper for moviesets

[IMDB trailer scraper]
fixed: works again

[Apple trailer scraper]
added: new Apple trailer scraper

[TVDB data scraper]
fixed: DisplayEpisode and DisplaySeason #
(2014-08-23, 19:25)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]New release is online.
Thank you to everyone who's been involved with this release!

Question please:
What's the best method to install it if I've already got the May 9th 2014 version installed?
(2014-08-23, 19:46)AlderaaN Wrote: [ -> ]

Question please:
What's the best method to install it if I've already got the May 9th 2014 version installed?
Please delete settings.xml and AdvancedSettings.xml manually.
(2014-08-23, 19:51)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-23, 19:46)AlderaaN Wrote: [ -> ]

Question please:
Please delete settings.xml and AdvancedSettings.xml manually.
Cool, thanks for the prompt reply.

I better take some screenshots first, of everything I have there Smile
I'm having problems running the new version installed from scratch. After the initial configuration Ember opens, throws a lot errors and exit. If I run the program again it begins configuration again.

Cancelling the initial configuration and trying to configure manually -> Ember asks for restart and when open again settings revert to default. When trying to update library it errors out and closes.

Here is the log from the initial configuration: https://onedrive.live.com/download?resid...file%2ccsv
Two bugs found:

1. Settings >> Movies >> Scrapers - Data >> Miscellaneous >> Force Title Language:
The dialogue box is empty instead of displaying "USA", as it was on the previous Public 09-05-2014 Beta build.

2. This one looks like a persisting bug, unless I don't understand what its supposed to do.
2. A. Settings >> Movies >> Scrapers - Images >> Images >> Do Not Save URLs to Nfo:
There's no change in terms of the NFO file which EMM produces when this setting is either checked or unchecked.
On both accounts it saves the Actor's images as URLs in the NFO, instead of pointing to a local storage location in which they stored.

2. B. Someone should take a look at how this option is spelled. It should be:
Do not save URLs to NFO

Regards,
(2014-08-23, 20:43)AlderaaN Wrote: [ -> ]Two bugs found:

1. Settings >> Movies >> Scrapers - Data >> Miscellaneous >> Force Title Language:
The dialogue box is empty instead of displaying "USA", as it was on the previous Public 09-05-2014 Beta build.

2. This one looks like a persisting bug, unless I don't understand what its supposed to do.
2. A. Settings >> Movies >> Scrapers - Images >> Images >> Do Not Save URLs to Nfo:
There's no change in terms of the NFO file which EMM produces when this setting is either checked or unchecked.
On both accounts it saves the Actor's images as URLs in the NFO, instead of pointing to a local storage location in which they stored.

2. B. Someone should take a look at how this option is spelled. It should be:
Do not save URLs to NFO

Regards,

1. Oh, forgot to fix that. But this will only used in IMDB scraper

2. Actors has always urls in NFO. This option is only to nod save loster and fanart links in NFO... and this is broken anyway.
I'm having a problem with this latest release - I can't edit any movies. Whether I double click or right click and select Edit, the app does nothing.

When I look in the log file, for each attempt at editing, there is an Exception error;

Code:
56:32.3    Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain    Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.cmnuMovieEdit_Click    1    ERROR    cmnuMovieEdit_Click    "EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

56:49.7    Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain    Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.dgvMovies_CellDoubleClick    1    ERROR    dgvMovies_CellDoubleClick    "EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

I tried re-installing, both over the top and clean, and nothing works. I am using Windows 8.1 x64

PS: Thanks for an awesome app, it's really great stuff Smile
Interface bug:
1. Add several movies to your storage device that's already been properly mapped in EMM.
2. Head back to EMM's GUI.
3. Select from the top menu 'Update Library'.
4. EMM correctly detects the new movies.
5. Click on Filters >> New.
6. EMM will correctly filter out and display just new movies.
7. Scrape the movies via Right Click >> (Re)Scrape Selected Movies >> Automatic (Force Best Match) >> All Items.
8. EMM correctly scrapes all the new movies.
9. While "Filters >> New" is still checked and only the new movies (which by now have been scraped) appear in EMM's GUI, try to perform CTRL-E or "Right Click >> Edit Movie".
Nothing will actually happen.

This used to work in the previous Public 09-05-2014 Beta Build.

Regards,

EDIT:
While posting here, it looks like metalbeast's findings here are also valid.

I actually can't edit any movies, not just the new ones I added with v23-08-2014 Beta.
Install VLC x86 if you can not edit movies.
Dan looking forward to trying new release. So just to double check we CANT use old settings? And not sure if missed it but did fanart.tv image scraping for tv get added?