Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-10-11, 16:10)Kapsville Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I have a few questions regarding Ember Media Manager and don´t want to make a new topic Big Grin
1. How can I use version 1.4 with Settings from 1.3.x? Ist this possible?
2. After exporting my media via export_movies.xml I can´t figure out how to get this information into XBMC Media Center so that XBMC uses the data scraped by ember and not scraping again? Is this even the right way via this xml?

Thx in advance Smile

1. No. You can't use the same AdvancedSettings, Settings.xml or Media.emm.
  2. This file can not be used for XBMC. The purpose of this file is simply a table with all the information. XBMC uses the local files the Ember automatically created (*.nfo, *-poster.jpg, *-fanart.jpg ...).
(2013-10-11, 07:05)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-10, 23:49)TeKo Wrote: [ -> ]Is this how its supposed to work? Normally the dev would get a key for the program so its the same key for everyone and not one for every user.

At the moment I think everybody must use their own API Key - BUT Dan and myself contacted different people from scraper sites like fanart.tv and TMDB and trakt.tv and they provided us with new "global" API Keys we can integrate in our Ember scrapers, look here:

(2013-09-27, 12:15)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]get a new tvdb API key: done!
get a new fanart.tv API key: done!

that's great but till the global keys are added as default in the project people should request their own API.
is a two click process I would expect everyone able to use EMM to be capable of doing :S Tongue

m
So I think in future there's no need to set up your own key, at least for that 3 sites I mentioned...

(2013-10-10, 23:49)TeKo Wrote: [ -> ]Is this how its supposed to work? Normally the dev would get a key for the program so its the same key for everyone and not one for every user.

At the moment I think everybody must use their own API Key - BUT Dan and myself contacted different people from scraper sites like fanart.tv and TMDB and trakt.tv and they provided us with new "global" API Keys we can integrate in our Ember scrapers, look here:

that's great but till the global keys are added as default in the project people should request their own API.
is a two click process I would expect everyone able to use EMM to be capable of doing :S Tongue

m
So I think in future there's no need to set up your own key, at least for that 3 sites I mentioned...

m
(2013-10-11, 16:20)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-11, 16:10)Kapsville Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I have a few questions regarding Ember Media Manager and don´t want to make a new topic Big Grin
1. How can I use version 1.4 with Settings from 1.3.x? Ist this possible?
2. After exporting my media via export_movies.xml I can´t figure out how to get this information into XBMC Media Center so that XBMC uses the data scraped by ember and not scraping again? Is this even the right way via this xml?

Thx in advance Smile

1. No. You can't use the same AdvancedSettings, Settings.xml or Media.emm.
  2. This file can not be used for XBMC. The purpose of this file is simply a table with all the information. XBMC uses the local files the Ember automatically created (*.nfo, *-poster.jpg, *-fanart.jpg ...).

Thx, i just figured out that i only have to mount the whole folder and XBMC uses the data Ember created before. Smile
I have downloaded 1.4 Beta and I am seeing an issue with the filename after scrapping.

My movie filename is: Wild Wild West.1999.DVD.480p.AC3.x264.m4v

Once the movie is scrapped the nfo, poster, fanart, trailer files are all labeled:

Wild Wild West.1999 80p.AC3.x264.nfo
Wild Wild West.1999 80p.AC3.x264-fanart.jpg
Wild Wild West.1999 80p.AC3.x264-poster.jpg
Wild Wild West.1999 80p.AC3.x264-trailer.mp4

They are all missing the "DVD.4" in the middle. This seems to have started after version 1.3.9 going forward. I am having to go back afterwards and make corrections. Is there some sort of setting that I can set to correct this?

1.4 currently is the closest version to almost get it correct.
Anyone else having problems with fanart.tv? Only thing I get is fanart, no posters or other images.

And when I have a single movie in my source folder and double click that movie in Ember (to edit it) I get an "index out of bound error" probably just a length instead of length-1 somewhere.

Error log is empty.
Hello, does the latest beta have the option for picking large actor thumbs added back in? Nice work as always.
Beta update, see commits on GitHub for changelog: Link
@DanCooper

The French Plot WORK THANK YOU SO MUCHHHH Smile !!!!!!!
Hi,

I am on Windows 8.1 and running latest Beta-Version. I have been using all previous betas as well as all versions 1.3.x, but always came across the following problems:

1. I would like to run Ember from a centralized network path which should be no problem since Ember does not require installation and is supposed to be "portable". But when I try to start Ember from the network share - mapped or unmapped - I always receive the error "system.security.permissions.securitypermission".

2. Alternatively I tried to use Ember from within the "Program Files (x86)"-folder where all local x86-Programms are usually stored. Ember starts fine but brings up a popup saying "attempt to write to a read only database". Settings windows is just showing empty and Ember is not properly functioning then. Seems this problem is related to the fact that in Windows 8 and 8.1 access to the "Program Files (x86)"-folder is in some way restricted. E.g. if I copy something to that folder or try to delete any files in there I have to confirm this process separately (though I have totally disabled UAC-control).

So currently the only way to use Ember for me is to start it from any other path outside of "Program Files (x86)" but still on a local drive.

Any solutions as to these issues?

Best regards,

FantasticN
(2013-10-15, 08:26)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I am on Windows 8.1 and running latest Beta-Version. I have been using all previous betas as well as all versions 1.3.x, but always came across the following problems:

1. I would like to run Ember from a centralized network path which should be no problem since Ember does not require installation and is supposed to be "portable". But when I try to start Ember from the network share - mapped or unmapped - I always receive the error "system.security.permissions.securitypermission".

2. Alternatively I tried to use Ember from within the "Program Files (x86)"-folder where all local x86-Programms are usually stored. Ember starts fine but brings up a popup saying "attempt to write to a read only database". Settings windows is just showing empty and Ember is not properly functioning then. Seems this problem is related to the fact that in Windows 8 and 8.1 access to the "Program Files (x86)"-folder is in some way restricted. E.g. if I copy something to that folder or try to delete any files in there I have to confirm this process separately (though I have totally disabled UAC-control).

So currently the only way to use Ember for me is to start it from any other path outside of "Program Files (x86)" but still on a local drive.

Any solutions as to these issues?

Best regards,

FantasticN

Try this: Link
Hi DanCooper,

thank you very much for the link. That seems to have solved the problem with using Ember from within "Program Files (x86)"-files.

However, do you have any solution for using Ember from a network-drive?

Brgds,

FantasticN
Hi First time poster here, I am using EMM for my popcorn hour c200 running yamj. I went to export my EMM data using the Movie Homepage template and it fails with the error "out of memory at line 190" this worked fine in 1.3, any ideas?

Thanks

Rich.
hem... no... an you check what is line 190?

M
The option "display missing episodes" found in Settings/TV shows/General (last setting in the left column) does not seem to work.
(2013-10-19, 17:04)hlina Wrote: [ -> ]The option "display missing episodes" found in Settings/TV shows/General (last setting in the left column) does not seem to work.

Work after rescraping.