Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi DanCooper - thanks for your hint, it works for me, too.

Another thing that doesn't work for me is the FSK rating (German equivalent to the MPAA Rating). Since V.1.4, Ember doesn't scrape this information for movies anymore (the 1.3 version did this properly).

Even worse: Pressing OK button after scraping a movie has a massively delayed effect effect (takes about 30 seconds). After this time (I pressed OK a couple of times) numerous error messages pop up above my taskbar (right side).
I just talked with DanCooper and he told me that he knows about the OK-button problem and has already commented on it in the Commit on github. At seems that this problem comes from shifting the download of actor thumbs to the period after pressing the OK button, and the solution will be deactivating the OK button after it was pressed and presenting a progress bar until downloads are done.
Some additional great fixes from DanCooper Smile

link updated EmberMM-Deploy 20131103
I have planned another magnificent update for today. Since tense and you look at the trailer area! Big Grin
I have a lot of deadlocks on ctrl-I on tmdb

did anyone saw that too?

I get an error: C.r.o.s.s.-.t.h.r.e.a.d.

in the event viewer
(2013-11-03, 18:06)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]I have a lot of deadlocks on ctrl-I on tmdb

did anyone saw that too?

I get an error: C.r.o.s.s.-.t.h.r.e.a.d.

in the event viewer

Hmm, no, is not noticed.
ha.... will continue to check.

I've found another issue: if the sequence of the scrapers is TMDB and the IMDB and the movie is only on TMDB there the movie select dialog is shown twice and the movie is messed

try with this one: Oji san no lamp
New beta realease 20131103 #2.

Changelog (since 2013.10.14):
- fixed: auto scraping no longer stop if a movie not found on TMDB/IMDB
- fixed: TMDB Scraper country info from wrong table
- fixed: IMDB no plot
- fixed: Part 1 / Part1 renamer/stacking bug
- fixed: error if no poster/fanart selected while first scraping after start Ember
- changed: poster quality (rise up to size: cover) in image select window
- fixed: many trailer things while manually and auto scraping
- rewrite: all Frodo, Eden and YAMJ image/nfo/trailer paths for movies (PLEASE TEST AND GIVE FEEDBACK) (next step rewrite tv show part) (last step re-activate expert settings)
- fixed: change movie not work
- changed: new and extremely improved, great, incredibly innovative Trailer-Select window Big Grin
- fixed: ET allways checked while single scraping
- added: scrollbars for plot and outline

... and many more small code optimizations
... and probably also new bugs ;-)
Just one question
In first post there is a remark
Quote:Please don't use existing AdvancedSettings.xml, Settings.xml or Media.emm !!

Does that mean 1.3.x versions or some of the earlier 1.4, if the latter is it a specific date?
It's a PITA to setup all from scratch and almost impossible to evaluate if the settings isn't the same between version upgrades
Hi Guys.

Testing new version and it seems to not change the interface language.
If installing from scratch it accepts new language while configuring for the first time, but if changed later EMM restarts and return to english. Huh
I have only eng resources....
other are not in the project

Dan?

M
(2013-11-04, 22:33)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]I have only eng resources....
other are not in the project

Dan?

M

Looks like Ember would set the language before Settings.xml is read. Can you check that? I could not change language in Newscraper (has never worked, but I forgot to report).

(2013-11-04, 20:31)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]Just one question
In first post there is a remark
Quote:Please don't use existing AdvancedSettings.xml, Settings.xml or Media.emm !!

Does that mean 1.3.x versions or some of the earlier 1.4, if the latter is it a specific date?
It's a PITA to setup all from scratch and almost impossible to evaluate if the settings isn't the same between version upgrades

Best to always reinstall it.

I'm about to move basic settings of the AdvancedSettings.xml to Settings.xml. I am also doing the first attempts to adapt the database.

I do not want to hear error based on erroneous XML.
(2013-10-11, 16:20)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-11, 16:10)Kapsville Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I have a few questions regarding Ember Media Manager and don´t want to make a new topic Big Grin
1. How can I use version 1.4 with Settings from 1.3.x? Ist this possible?
2. After exporting my media via export_movies.xml I can´t figure out how to get this information into XBMC Media Center so that XBMC uses the data scraped by ember and not scraping again? Is this even the right way via this xml?

Thx in advance Smile

1. No. You can't use the same AdvancedSettings, Settings.xml or Media.emm.
  2. This file can not be used for XBMC. The purpose of this file is simply a table with all the information. XBMC uses the local files the Ember automatically created (*.nfo, *-poster.jpg, *-fanart.jpg ...).
Hi Dan, I've reused my media.emm with latest 1.4.0.0 build without any issues. I had to delete settings.xml as well as advancedsettings.xml and configure everything from start.

However, I'm having a problem scrapping extrathumbs. It's always empty...

Am I the only one?
Yes, atm the DB is the same like in older betas. Settings and AdvancedSettings has changed since the last beta release.

Extrathumbs are deactivated atm, also save poster/fanart URL's in NFO.
(2013-11-05, 01:57)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, atm the DB is the same like in older betas. Settings and AdvancedSettings has changed since the last beta release.

Extrathumbs are deactivated atm, also save poster/fanart URL's in NFO.

Forgot to say I was coming from 1.3.10 Smile

Thanks for the info