Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: main menus -> single click to open something?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i've done this before so i'm not sure why i'm having such a hard time doing it again but here goes.

New install of windows 7 - fresh install of xbmc and ace, etc.
Vertical menu to the left.

I used to have it setup where one of the custom menu options you can setup under the skin settings was netflix. It was nothing more than advance launcher calling chrome with netflix.com as a command line argument.

so i'd have movies, tv shows, etc on down the line until you get to "netflix" with a custom backdrop, etc.
You click on the netflix the same as you would "movies" and it would launch the advance launcher that I had created. It didnt go to the sub menu or anything. You clicked on netflix and it simply executed the advance launcher that i had setup.

For some reason I cannot figure out how to do that again. I was able to get help on this very forum the first time (by reading and finding someone who did something similar) but I cannot find that post or pointer again .. i dont know whats going on.

When i add it the way i thought I added it before it only creates a sub menu which then has the advance launcher netflix launcher that I created and added as a favorite.

So its an additional click. Nothing huge, but I've done it before ... and I dont know why I cant do it now ...
i'm sure there is some simple setting im overlooking or something ...

can someone please advise on how to create a shortcut to a favorite from the main menu without using a submenu?

thanks!
Angels cry or something to that screen name is the og to advanced launcher... Google advanced launcher xbmc and it may help lead u in the right direction here is the link to angelscry on xbmc.org

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724
Thanks for the reply but this isnt an advanced launcher issue. Advanced launcher is working as expected.

I just want to know how to execute something from the main menu, without utilizing a sub menu ...
(2013-09-01, 07:46)dustinarden Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply but this isnt an advanced launcher issue. Advanced launcher is working as expected.

I just want to know how to execute something from the main menu, without utilizing a sub menu ...

Oh dang my bad... U can set up shortcuts depending on the skin ur using...

The link i provide might help as u can ask the og of the creater and might show u how to do it... I know i forget how to do crap ive do e in the past a ton!
i figured it out.

Thanks though!
Did you figure out how to make a playlist or a favorite play the contents automatically from the main menu, instead of just displaying the results? Cause I'm still trying to figure that one out
I was completely looking over some of the custom main menu options for favorites and add-ons.

I was able to add an advance launcher exe that I created and added as a favorite so that clicking the button on the main menu launches that advance launcher shortcut and NOT a sub menu with other settings or shortcuts in there, which was my goal.

I'm not sure about playlists as I have no need for those really ... launching a favorite directly from the main menu with no need to select something in the submenu is absolutely possible and quite easy though.