Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add-Ons: Empty repository list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey

While setting up XBMC I recognised that the repository list under SETTINGS -> ADD-ONS -> GET ADD-ONS is empty. I already tried to force refresh and deleted the addons**.db in %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\Databases as described here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on_manager (Look at 2.1)

Nothin worked.

xbmc.log tells the following:
05:10:16 T:9680 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 56
05:10:16 T:9680 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: Reconnect, (re)try 1
05:10:17 T:9680 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 33
05:10:17 T:9680 ERROR: Repository XBMC.org Add-ons returned no add-ons, listing may have failed

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks a lot
Eric

P.S.: Antivirus and Firewall (local / on PC) are disabled.
Possibly a temporary downtime for the repo server?
(2013-09-02, 08:01)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly a temporary downtime for the repo server?
nope
it's mirrored
curl error 56: Failure with receiving network data.
curl error 33: The server does not support or accept range requests.

Going by these two I suggest you have a networking issue.
I have seen individual mirrors freak out and cause similar issues. It takes a moment sometimes to get pointed to another mirror.
(2013-09-02, 13:22)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen individual mirrors freak out and cause similar issues. It takes a moment sometimes to get pointed to another mirror.

perhaps we can add some new/extra ones if there are any offers Smile
nickr, Martijn, Ned Scott and Kibje - thank you for your answers. Blush

(2013-09-02, 12:02)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]curl error 56: Failure with receiving network data.
curl error 33: The server does not support or accept range requests.

Going by these two I suggest you have a networking issue.

Since I removed Avira from my system, I'm able to access the repository list. It seems like Avira was blocking XBMC and JDownloader allthough its Firewall and Realtime Security was disabled.
Great to hear you got it sorted!