Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EDEN (on Mac) to FRODO (on W7)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

first I submit my question to you all I want you to know that I've searched here the answer without any success... so I'm sorry whether the question was already previously submitted.

I have an EDEN version installed on my mac mini. I find out the database is located under application support/xbmc.

I'd like to install the windows version of FRODO into the same machine, using windows instead of macosx.

So, I have two questions:

1) Is the EDEN database compatible with the FRODO one?
2) I'd like to keep all my stuff such us covers etc... is it possbile to export/import... or copy in some way the old database into the new one?

Thank you for your awesome work!!!

S.
1) When Frodo sees an Eden database, it will make an updated Frodo copy of the database and leave the Eden version behind (safety feature in case the database update goes wrong). Any changes to the library in Frodo won't be seen in the Eden database file.

However, if your file paths have changed, which they will going from Mac to Windows unless your videos are on a network hard drive/server/NAS, then you will want to see point 2.

2) In Eden, Export (wiki) using XBMC -> Settings -> Videos -> Library -> Export Library -> Separate files

That will store the covers/summaries/metadata along side the media, just as you have it set up in the normal library.

Then on Frodo you will want to set up the video source as if you were scanning them in for the first time. XBMC will detect the local .nfo files and images and use those instead of downloading info from the Internet again, so you should end up with an identical library.