Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Frodo - Support thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(2013-09-14, 09:10)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Just upgraded to FRODO on ATV2 4.3

Installed Amber from within xbmc. Great skin BTW.

One problem I ma having is that once I start xbmc, it takes about 4 minutes for the home screen to appear.

I get the flash screen showing XBMC, then it quickly goes to a yellowy screen where it stays for 4 minutes before going black for a few seconds. ONly then does the home screen show...

I'll enable debugging and post a log if required...

edit

I've enabled debugging.

CPU is running in the high 90% mark.
I've seen it's the widgets which are taking over three minutes to load...what are these widgets and do I need them?

Ive pasted the beggining of the debug log and then end. The bits in the middle is just a repetition of

Code:
08:23:30 T:110350336   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating SetFocus(11)
08:23:30 T:110350336   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To SetFocus(11)

startup
end of debug log

If you don't need it, disable random items in the skin widget settings, that's the most cpu intensive query.
Can anyone run the Artist Slideshow while in music fullscreen?

I'm updated to the latest, but have just a blank screen during playback.

Happy to get logs.
Works fine here with the latest from the repo.
Need Help... Unit: Android TV Box - 8 GB-MX6 Quad IPTV... Need some help Please... I have eras coming up: DVB Viewer Client Connection Lost and DVB Viewer Client Can't connect to the recording service. an I and X show up at the bottom right lower corner of the Screen. How may I correct this problem? They pop up and beep every 5 seconds and the Beep, Or is there a # you can call for support?? Thanks Damon 614 206 6575
(2013-09-20, 19:46)dpdamon Wrote: [ -> ]Need Help... Unit: Android TV Box - 8 GB-MX6 Quad IPTV... Need some help Please... I have eras coming up: DVB Viewer Client Connection Lost and DVB Viewer Client Can't connect to the recording service. an I and X show up at the bottom right lower corner of the Screen. How may I correct this problem? They pop up and beep every 5 seconds and the Beep, Or is there a # you can call for support?? Thanks Damon 614 206 6575

That's a PVR problem unrelated to this skin so your posted in the wrong place. Either turn off LiveTV in settings or set up DVB viewer PVR add on correctly, you'll need a DVB backend to set it up.
There has been a fair amount of discussion on the Raspbmc forum about a failure of the dimmed screensaver to lift occasionally. Its more or less been confirmed that all those with this problem are using Amber over the default Confluence skin. The only way to fix the problem is to reboot and the moment you hit ok on the reboot button the screensaver lifts and the screen becomes bright just before shutdown. While the screen is dimmed it is possible to navigate all menus but nothing cancels the screensaver.
First time it happened to me was around when Amber auto updated from 0.xx which i had installed from zip to 1.0 from the repo. Then every other time its stayed dimmed I've found the version number updated.
Wondering if its a problem with the auto update process or designed like that to force a restart?
Another way to over ride it is if you can see enough to play something and then stop it.
(2013-09-22, 02:49)bigheeed Wrote: [ -> ]There has been a fair amount of discussion on the Raspbmc forum about a failure of the dimmed screensaver to lift occasionally. Its more or less been confirmed that all those with this problem are using Amber over the default Confluence skin. The only way to fix the problem is to reboot and the moment you hit ok on the reboot button the screensaver lifts and the screen becomes bright just before shutdown. While the screen is dimmed it is possible to navigate all menus but nothing cancels the screensaver.
First time it happened to me was around when Amber auto updated from 0.xx which i had installed from zip to 1.0 from the repo. Then every other time its stayed dimmed I've found the version number updated.
Wondering if its a problem with the auto update process or designed like that to force a restart?

Screensaver gets lifted when XBMC catches wake up action. Obviously it fails to do so on some setups and devs should be able to find out why. Restart action seems to make another wake up trigger and that seems to help when first one fails. Nothing to do with skin code.

There are differences between Confluence and Amber and they may take a part in this issue, sure. However, IMO, there's a bug in XBMC that just gets manifested in Amber more easily.
Also worth checking: does enable debug logging help lifting up screensaver? Does dirty regions have impact on this?
(2013-09-22, 10:13)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-22, 02:49)bigheeed Wrote: [ -> ]There has been a fair amount of discussion on the Raspbmc forum about a failure of the dimmed screensaver to lift occasionally. Its more or less been confirmed that all those with this problem are using Amber over the default Confluence skin. The only way to fix the problem is to reboot and the moment you hit ok on the reboot button the screensaver lifts and the screen becomes bright just before shutdown. While the screen is dimmed it is possible to navigate all menus but nothing cancels the screensaver.

Screensaver gets lifted when XBMC catches wake up action. Obviously it fails to do so on some setups and devs should be able to find out why. Restart action seems to make another wake up trigger and that seems to help when first one fails. Nothing to do with skin code.

There are differences between Confluence and Amber and they may take a part in this issue, sure. However, IMO, there's a bug in XBMC that just gets manifested in Amber more easily.

Actually, I've noticed if you play any video (Movies, TV Show) when it's stuck all dimmed it will lift, and if you stop the video everything will be back to normal.

Edit: Atinkler beat me to it
(2013-09-23, 07:17)Eshman Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I've noticed if you play any video (Movies, TV Show) when it's stuck all dimmed it will lift, and if you stop the video everything will be back to normal.

This is probably because Video or Music players use different type of windows. This basically re-inits GUI windows when playback is stopped and screensaver gets lifted. Question is why does this re-init fail the first time, when button is pressed to stop screensaver.

I had this problem, last year IIRC, on mac mini and it got fixed eventually.

See also this: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/1695
small issue found: when adding RSS feed the URL box is covered by text from the title of the box.

Maybe some slight rearranging?

Thanks!
Hi,

I'm not sure if I have missed a discussion or a setting somewhere but with one of the latest test builds I had the OSD while playing movies appear on the right side of the screen. There I could select subtitle language and some other things that are missing with the OSD that displays at the bottom of the screen. So my question is, is there a way to get the OSD on the right side again? Have I missed a setting or something like that?

Thank you.
(2013-09-24, 06:56)Cy-4 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm not sure if I have missed a discussion or a setting somewhere but with one of the latest test builds I had the OSD while playing movies appear on the right side of the screen. There I could select subtitle language and some other things that are missing with the OSD that displays at the bottom of the screen. So my question is, is there a way to get the OSD on the right side again? Have I missed a setting or something like that?

Thank you.

You have missed 2nd row of icons in OSD, below play, pause, rw ...
(2013-09-23, 15:10)SmallwoodDR82 Wrote: [ -> ]small issue found: when adding RSS feed the URL box is covered by text from the title of the box.

Maybe some slight rearranging?

That window is not part of Amber, it looks like it is coming from some very old skin Smile I'll take a look at it when I return from vacation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44