Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Frodo - Support thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(2013-10-21, 00:29)billy123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

After discovering the Amber skin last week I have been quite busy the past days to customise it. One of my main goals is to show recent items for custom menu items (or the very nice 'home shelf'). I tried to achieve this by using the script.randomandlastitems, but I just read that Amber doesn't support it. And I also understand this doesn't have a high priority on the backlog.

Another option I have tried is to 'customize' the standard movies and tvshows menu items: I edited the titles.xml file which is used by the default menu item 'movies' and 'tv shows'. This was however also not succesfull. The changed files operate correctly, but are however not used by the default menu items once I open them. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

I had (i think) a similar requirement to you whereby i wanted the Movies menu item to go to my videos files view and not the library view.. But i also wanted the recently added items showing on the home screen. I acheived this by editing includes.xml and finding the movies item.. I then altered it to activate the video files view rather than the movies view..

Below is the item id i changed..

Code:
<item id="4" description="MyMovies">
      <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(plexbmc)</visible>
      <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Movies.Hide) + Library.HasContent(Movies)</visible>
      <label>20342</label>
      <thumb fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/Movies.jpg">$INFO[Skin.String(Movies.Background)]</thumb>
      <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;smb://DAN-NAS/Movies/&quot;)</onclick>
</item>

Because you're still using the default menu item, the random items / recently added etc still displays.. but the menu item itself goes to the location you specify.. (favorite, direct link etc).
(2013-10-21, 11:08)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]I had (i think) a similar requirement to you whereby i wanted the Movies menu item to go to my videos files view and not the library view.. But i also wanted the recently added items showing on the home screen. I acheived this by editing includes.xml and finding the movies item.. I then altered it to activate the video files view rather than the movies view......

Thanks for your response (especially the configuration sample), I will try it this evening. As I see in your config you have specified a path, and not a playlist or node. I am not familiar with the activatewindow function, but I will also try to let it use a playlist or node and then test whichever works fastest (which approach results in faster processing/response).

Thanks for your help!
(2013-10-21, 11:08)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]I had (i think) a similar requirement to you whereby i wanted the Movies menu item to go to my videos files view and not the library view.. But i also wanted the recently added items showing on the home screen. I acheived this by editing includes.xml and finding the movies item.. I then altered it to activate the video files view rather than the movies view......

I have just tested this. The refer to a path works fine, but will also show folders in the overview (in my movie folder I have a system folder I can't delete). Using a smart playlist solves this and will only show my movies.

The refer to the smart playlist looks like:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,"special://skin/playlists/general movies.xsp",return)</onclick>

This solved my problem.
(2013-10-17, 09:57)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-17, 02:25)ixnu Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I have not been able to get the Artist Slideshow working in Amber on OpenElec.

No clues really. It is working for me fine in both XBMC and PleXBMC add-on. AFAICT from your log, script is running in Amber without errors.

With the help and kind patience of @pkscuot, I have comprehensively falsified the assertion that "there are no stupid questions".

The key to solving this issue, my fellow morons, is to 1.) enable Artist Slideshow in Advanced settings AND 2.) enable Fanart in the OSD Music Settings.
(2013-10-21, 21:37)billy123 Wrote: [ -> ]

I have just tested this. The refer to a path works fine, but will also show folders in the overview (in my movie folder I have a system folder I can't delete). Using a smart playlist solves this and will only show my movies.

The refer to the smart playlist looks like:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,"special://skin/playlists/general movies.xsp",return)</onclick>

This solved my problem.

If you use an "advancedsettings.xml" you can exclude folders / files from being listed... here is the contents of mine.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
    <dateadded>0</dateadded>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
</videolibrary>
<video>
    <excludefromlisting>
    <regexp>[!-._ \\/](?-i)(flash|storage|1.8 gb drive|system|9016-4EF8)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
    </excludefromlisting>
</video>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.76</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </videodatabase>
</advancedsettings>

the <ExcludeFromListing> tags above will hide most of the crap folders that are there by default on a Pi.

@pecinko

Would you ever consider enabling the option for "Movies always go to files view" like it used to be in the old days of confluence? I'm always having to put this back in (as you can see above) in the includes.xml when you update the skin...
(2013-10-22, 17:05)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]@pecinko

Would you ever consider enabling the option for "Movies always go to files view" like it used to be in the old days of confluence? I'm always having to put this back in (as you can see above) in the includes.xml when you update the skin...

I'll add an option for - "Always go to files" or "Always go to playlists"
(2013-10-22, 19:41)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-22, 17:05)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]@pecinko

I'll add an option for - "Always go to files" or "Always go to playlists"

Much appreciated pecinko Smile I'll look out for it when it makes it's way to the Repo.
Let's summarise planned changes so far:

1- music button main menu - setting to choose if it will open (filters-aka library root, albums, artist)
2- movies button main menu - setting to choose if it will open (filters-aka library root, titles-default, files, playlists)
3- better highlight image
I could copy items 1 and 2 from my Confluence mod, but it would be the stringcompare method which you call a hack Tongue
(2013-10-23, 12:47)SpaceMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I could copy items 1 and 2 from my Confluence mod, but it would be the stringcompare method which you call a hack Tongue

It would be awesome if you would take care of 1 and 2 but may I propose doing it in a way Quit button action is done? We can probably re-use that dialog and just change links?
I was thinking about that method too, would be better and faster. It takes a while to cycle between values if you use stringcompare only to one direction. If you want to cycle to both directions (like spinner control) then the amount of code is almost doubled.
Ah, the creators of 2 of the best skins in one place...

love SpaceMonkey's home screen on the Confluence mod...
love pecinko's views for TV Shows and Movies...

how to kludge them together?

THANKS guys for great work!
Hi pecinko,

Airal font set ID is 'Arial based' not 'Arial' in font.xml.
It is not a big problem for most cases. But for people who use non English (Korean, Japanese, Chines ..) it make a little trouble occasionally.
For example, if somebody switched skin from Confluence (in Non English setting) to Amber at settings menu then all text and controls will be lost.

If you ask, I'm in Gotham nightly.

Thank you for wonderful skin.
Pecinko,

Is the darken background when a video is LOADING ... still a feature to be included soon?
it's in your plans to add a logo view? and possibility to show logo as the name of the movie in the fanart view?

great skin, thank you
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44