Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Frodo - Support thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(2013-11-03, 03:53)Scott00007 Wrote: [ -> ]This skin is fantastic!

Is there a way to remove the options under TV shows/Movies?

I'm not interested in sorting things by genre ect.

Well I would like to see the opisid, I would like to see more options.
By example:
- Recently aired episodes.
- Create and make use of submenu's.
- Make use of xunity within the amber skin.
- add smart playlists to the amber interface, without making use of favourites.
(2013-11-04, 21:30)kzeleny Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-03, 03:53)Scott00007 Wrote: [ -> ]This skin is fantastic!

Is there a way to remove the options under TV shows/Movies?

I'm not interested in sorting things by genre ect.

Only thing I could think of without editing the xml files would be:

1. Create a Custom Playlist that points to all TV Shows
2. Create a Custom Playlist that points to all Movies
3. Add these to your Favorites
4. Create Custom Home Menu for these new Favorites
5. Disable the original Home Menu Items for the new ones.

Thanks, I will try that method.
still loving this skin with custom backgrounds Big Grin

I would like to see the vertical menu closer to the left side of the screen. Way to much of the background art is covered up by the menu. There seems to be 2 times the needed spaced for the menu items. I would like to see the menus right up against the left side of the screen.

Fantastic skin!!
(2013-10-13, 16:20)thewarm Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to thank you for this super clean skin!

I use the Icon View for my Movies and TV Shows, with the Big List for TV episodes. Simple... Clean...

3 thumbs up!

Yep. That are the views I use too. As you said, simple and clean. Good work Pecinko!! But one thing I miss is having that Big List View for TV Seasons. Are you planning to implement this? Blush
Little question. I'm a big fan of Amber, thanks a lot for the good work. Anyway, I have a strange problem. Whenever I want to change the subtitles, it won't cycle all the available language and show only the "FORCED" one.

Image a MKV file with "English [FORCED]", "French", "French [FORCED]", I can only cycle between the FORCED subtitles.

The only way to have the French subtitles is to go to the Audio settings (boring).

Any idea of the source of this problem ?
(2013-11-06, 16:36)damdam Wrote: [ -> ]Little question. I'm a big fan of Amber, thanks a lot for the good work. Anyway, I have a strange problem. Whenever I want to change the subtitles, it won't cycle all the available language and show only the "FORCED" one.

Image a MKV file with "English [FORCED]", "French", "French [FORCED]", I can only cycle between the FORCED subtitles.

The only way to have the French subtitles is to go to the Audio settings (boring).

Any idea of the source of this problem ?

I'm lacking more info about your setup and media but either way, this is controlled entirely by XBMC - skin just shows what XBMC let it show.
Hi pecinko,

First of all thank you for this amazing skin!
I am using it on raspberry pi model B with raspbmc and it runs so smooth.

I am getting a problem with the shelf recent and recommended items.
On my series menu it works flawless but on my movies the covers are not showing.
Most of all are missing, some occasionally shows and then disapear again.

I thought maybe be a problem with skin widgets but i gave it a try with confluence and it workes with no problem.
I am running XBMC Gotham 2013/09/30. I dont know if this problem occurred when i upgrade to gotham or its because i change my local streaming from smb to ftp.
Edit: i upgrade gotham to 2013/10/30 and amber to 1.1.8, deleted skin.widgets and its folders, reinstalled and still having oroblems with shelf items not showing.
Edit: got it. Frodos works fine using folder.jpg with skin.widget but gotham only works ok with using poster.jpg. I think that was causing it issues and i also needed to delete my db and scan my sources again.

Another thing i miss from this new version of XBMC is that i cant find where the option to "clean the entire movie library" is.

I enable Configurations on qquit menu but i am still not able to disable configuration from home menu, it show "can not be customizrd" . Is that right? I guess if configuratiion is enable on quit menu there is no reason to show it on home menu or am i missing something?

Thank you.
Also, i'd like to make a request on shelf items to show only when press up button or when stoping over a menu button for some time, like for example, 5 seconds. I like to have only the background arts when navigating through the menus, i think is more stylish

Another request is to make submenus, currently i cant find a way to create submenu through skin configuration. That would be so cool.

About menu items where can i find the files to translate some of the items to brazilian portguese?
Because there are some items still showing in english for me.

One more question, is there a way to remove the item ".." on lists that returns to previous menu, especially on TV Series and Movies?
I use my TV control and there is an exit button that does the job for me and every menu i enter in a menu the first item selected is the ".." which kinda break the visual coolness.
Edit: Never mind, found the option to hide! Smile
(2013-11-07, 18:12)xaponeis Wrote: [ -> ]I enable Configurations on qquit menu but i am still not able to disable configuration from home menu, it show "can not be customizrd" . Is that right? I guess if configuratiion is enable on quit menu there is no reason to show it on home menu or am i missing something?

That suggestion make sense. Need to think about implementation.

(2013-11-07, 20:31)xaponeis Wrote: [ -> ]Also, i'd like to make a request on shelf items to show only when press up button or when stoping over a menu button for some time, like for example, 5 seconds. I like to have only the background arts when navigating through the menus, i think is more stylish

Hmm That might be worth implementing as well. Option to delay displaying shelf items for 2-3 sec. 5 sec is a bit long, me thinks.
(2013-11-08, 13:56)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-07, 18:12)xaponeis Wrote: [ -> ]I enable Configurations on qquit menu but i am still not able to disable configuration from home menu, it show "can not be customizrd" . Is that right? I guess if configuratiion is enable on quit menu there is no reason to show it on home menu or am i missing something?

That suggestion make sense. Need to think about implementation.

(2013-11-07, 20:31)xaponeis Wrote: [ -> ]Also, i'd like to make a request on shelf items to show only when press up button or when stoping over a menu button for some time, like for example, 5 seconds. I like to have only the background arts when navigating through the menus, i think is more stylish

Hmm That might be worth implementing as well. Option to delay displaying shelf items for 2-3 sec. 5 sec is a bit long, me thinks.

That would be great.
Thinking again, 5sec is really too much.

I read few posts back about "custom video nodes", are you working on it?
(2013-11-08, 13:56)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]

Though I would prefer a "button up" in horizontal and "button right" in vertical menu to show the shelf (it is this way in the MarcosQui skins as a "Clean menu" option) I would also use a delay option. +1 from me!
Thanks for this skin! Runs on my 512MB Raspberry Pi with XBian 1.0 beta 2!

I just have 1 question: the background shown when I am on TV Shows in the main menu: I want it to randomly show the fanart of one of my TV Shows.
By default it shows the guy from Breaking Bad. And I can select a different image but I would like it to randomly pick a TV Show.. ever x minutes or days.

Is that possible? Same would be nice for Movies.

Also a minor little bug: I can see the description of the "Fast Boot" setting while I am in shelf config or other submenus..
(2013-11-08, 20:25)zilexa Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this skin! Runs on my 512MB Raspberry Pi with XBian 1.0 beta 2!

I just have 1 question: the background shown when I am on TV Shows in the main menu: I want it to randomly show the fanart of one of my TV Shows.
By default it shows the guy from Breaking Bad. And I can select a different image but I would like it to randomly pick a TV Show.. ever x minutes or days.

Is that possible? Same would be nice for Movies.

Also a minor little bug: I can see the description of the "Fast Boot" setting while I am in shelf config or other submenus..

You can choose "multi image" in the background settings and choose a folder with multiple tv show fanarts. AFAIK it is not possible to directly use all the fanart from the library section, but you can fill the folder with your favourite fanarts by hand or use the Artwork organizer addon to create a copy of all movie or tv show fanarts from your library and choose that folder as your "multi image" folder.
Too much work, I'll stick to a static image Smile but I will play a little with that add-on thanks!

Btw is it possible to show the weather overview immediately in the main menu so I don't actually have to open Weather? Not sure if Weather will still be available in xbmc 13 since none of the providers seem to work..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44