Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Frodo - Support thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Since today I am making use of the addon simpleplaylists. I am having trouble with the view options when I am opening playlist.
In amber I can't select viewoption big list, in the skin confluence I can.
Is this problem skin or addon related? Can it be solved?
HI

Ive just discovered this skin and have installed it on my 2 htpcs and my pi but having a slight issue with the recently added view tv view on the main menu. On the pi not pictures display and it also has recommended list, on of the pcs i can see part of the banner and have the recommended list and on the 3rd pc i can see part of the banner but not recommended list (as below)

How do i change it to display the poster instead a portion of the banner?

I have deleted and recreated my library twice and all tv shows have got all meta data/artwork.

Ive tried searching for an answer but my google-fu is weak
Is there anyway to edit the skin so that it always displays the time? I haven't been able to find a skin that gives that option, and seeing as how this is one of my favorites i figured i'd asked.
(2013-11-10, 10:26)danneh Wrote: [ -> ]HI

Ive just discovered this skin and have installed it on my 2 htpcs and my pi but having a slight issue with the recently added view tv view on the main menu. On the pi not pictures display and it also has recommended list, on of the pcs i can see part of the banner and have the recommended list and on the 3rd pc i can see part of the banner but not recommended list (as below)

I have deleted and recreated my library twice and all tv shows have got all meta data/artwork.

If you don't use a central database (mysql) all your clients will have their own recent and recommended content.

The artwork part is handled by the scraper you use and XBMC itself, not the skin. Which scraper are you using and does it have a setting turned which would download only banners?
(2013-11-08, 19:21)tube82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-08, 13:56)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-07, 20:31)xaponeis Wrote: [ -> ]Also, i'd like to make a request on shelf items to show only when press up button or when stoping over a menu button for some time, like for example, 5 seconds. I like to have only the background arts when navigating through the menus, i think is more stylish

Hmm That might be worth implementing as well. Option to delay displaying shelf items for 2-3 sec. 5 sec is a bit long, me thinks.

Though I would prefer a "button up" in horizontal and "button right" in vertical menu to show the shelf (it is this way in the MarcosQui skins as a "Clean menu" option) I would also use a delay option. +1 from me!

+1 please! Smile
(2013-11-10, 20:54)SpaceMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-10, 10:26)danneh Wrote: [ -> ]HI

If you don't use a central database (mysql) all your clients will have their own recent and recommended content.

The artwork part is handled by the scraper you use and XBMC itself, not the skin. Which scraper are you using and does it have a setting turned which would download only banners?

Im currently working on a central database but struggling to get mysql work on unraid. I take it the recommened list looks at what shows ive watched on that particualr xbmc and then recommends similar shows?

I have manually scraped all my tv shows using Media centre master and all they have got both posters and banners downloaded.

thanks
Yes, each XBMC instance will show the recommended content based on what you've watched on the specific machine previously, it doesn't know what you've watched in other clients.

Sounds to me that there's something wrong with the local artwork names, but I cannot help you there, I don't use local artwork myself and don't know what the file names should be.
There is no scrollbar in Video settings panel on fullscreen.

OSD buttons disappeared on Now Playing screen.

I'm using Gotham alpha 10 nightly build.

Thanks.
(2013-11-11, 11:57)piodio Wrote: [ -> ]There is no scrollbar in Video settings panel on fullscreen.

Wow! I see we'll soon see setting categories introduced there.

Quote:OSD buttons disappeared on Now Playing screen.

You know what changed, right? Skin code is the same Smile
There was a posting a while back (maybe a month or so?) about the highlighting being too light to be noticable on certain screens. I had noticed and had actually took the initiative to fix it.

Life got in the way, and it took some time to get back here.

The fix was actually very simple. I recolored the appropriate image file, and also changed the watched and unwatched icons.
I also tinkered with the color theme as well. With the color theme, the ratings icons are a gold color rather than white. I didn't have any problem with it, but if you do, simply choose the default color scheme, and it won't affect the highlight color as the highlight color is part of the them and not the colors.

http://knuteh.deviantart.com/art/Screens...-413055703

If there is any interest in my modifications, I will post them. I just don't have any webspace set up at the moment to share them from.
@Knute,
I am interested in your color scheme, it's looking very good.
Quote:
Quote:OSD buttons disappeared on Now Playing screen.

You know what changed, right? Skin code is the same Smile

Yes, you're right. Many parts are still changing in Gotham. Maybe it is not good time to post Gotham related issues.
I will report again later if I can.

Thank you,
Hello.

Love the skin and all for me are working..

1 think though, i it possible to get a counter on the loading part, % or bar??

Thx
(2013-11-08, 13:56)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-07, 18:12)xaponeis Wrote: [ -> ]I enable Configurations on qquit menu but i am still not able to disable configuration from home menu, it show "can not be customizrd" . Is that right? I guess if configuratiion is enable on quit menu there is no reason to show it on home menu or am i missing something?

That suggestion make sense. Need to think about implementation.

Hello Pecinko, this is the code i use for the "settings on/off":

in includes.xml

<item id="10" description="Settings">
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Settings.Hide)</visible>
<label>$LOCALIZE[5]</label>
<thumb fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/Settings.jpg">$INFO[Skin.String(Settings.Background)]</thumb>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
</item>

---

in dialogbuttonmenu.xml

<item id="16" description="Settings">
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(QuitMenu_Hide_Settings)</visible>
<onclick>dialog.close(all,true)</onclick>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
<thumb>SettingsNF.png</thumb>
<icon>SettingsFO.png</icon>
</item>

---

in settings.xml

<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Settings.Hide)</visible>
<label2>$LOCALIZE[305]</label2>
<thumb fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/System.jpg">$INFO[Skin.String(Settings.Background)]</thumb>
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(Settings.Hide)</onclick>
</item>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(Settings.Hide)</visible>
<label2>$LOCALIZE[1223]</label2>
<thumb fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/System.jpg">$INFO[Skin.String(Settings.Background)]</thumb>
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(Settings.Hide)</onclick>
</item>

not perfect but works. Test and implement, please.
hi there, i just started using XBMC 2 day ago... i like this skin very much n wonder if anyone can show me step by step how to add movies to a custom menu (example ANIME)? i know how to add custom menu but i have no idea how to add movie.... plz help n i do have movie in my movies library.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44