Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Frodo - Support thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(2013-11-08, 19:21)tube82 Wrote: [ -> ]Though I would prefer a "button up" in horizontal and "button right" in vertical menu to show the shelf (it is this way in the MarcosQui skins as a "Clean menu" option) I would also use a delay option. +1 from me!

Optional delay for shelf items (1,5 sec approx) has been added to Git version.
(2013-11-20, 16:06)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-08, 19:21)tube82 Wrote: [ -> ]Though I would prefer a "button up" in horizontal and "button right" in vertical menu to show the shelf (it is this way in the MarcosQui skins as a "Clean menu" option) I would also use a delay option. +1 from me!

Optional delay for shelf items (1,5 sec approx) has been added to Git version.

Thanks Pecinko. Have you considered adding a manual trigger (up button) ?
(2013-11-20, 16:08)Sabish Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Pecinko. Have you considered adding a manual trigger (up button) ?

I have. But code changes are not fun at all. Or I may be too stupid to find a simpler way. Or even both Smile
(2013-11-20, 16:09)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-20, 16:08)Sabish Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Pecinko. Have you considered adding a manual trigger (up button) ?

I have. But code changes are not fun at all. Or I may be too stupid to find a simpler way. Or even both Smile

Ok, so i guess we'll have to wait till your brain is back to full speed then Wink
Hi pecinko.
Could I Ask you if is possible to modify your dialogfullscreeninfo.xml and create an alternative info like in the Immersive skin. I wold like to have the movie info on the righ side of the screen.
I would like to modify it by myself But I'm not able to do it.
Could you add this feauture?
Hi pecinko,

first of all - The Amber Skin is really great. Nearly Perfect.
It seems that the background pictures in the "backgrounds" Folder are just 720p.
Wouldn't it be better to include them as FULL-HD?
This skin is really beautifully designed. I can't seem to find a setting similar to 'BACKGROUND MUSIC VISUALIZATION/VIDEO PLAYER ON HOME SCREEN' for everywhere else. I looked around quite a bit and I'm thinking the option isn't there. It was easy to find the location in Home.xml where the background is rendered and the '![Player.HasVideo + Skin.HasSetting(Show_Player)]' is controlling this. But I can't figure out where you're rendering the background for say MyVideoNav.xml, do you think you could give me a hint?
(2013-11-20, 21:15)nubjub Wrote: [ -> ]This skin is really beautifully designed. I can't seem to find a setting similar to 'BACKGROUND MUSIC VISUALIZATION/VIDEO PLAYER ON HOME SCREEN' for everywhere else. I looked around quite a bit and I'm thinking the option isn't there. It was easy to find the location in Home.xml where the background is rendered and the '![Player.HasVideo + Skin.HasSetting(Show_Player)]' is controlling this. But I can't figure out where you're rendering the background for say MyVideoNav.xml, do you think you could give me a hint?

Just put a code from Home.xml into MyVideoNav.xml
First I want to say what a fantastic theme Smile

I've used XBMC for over 6 months on a Mac Mini but only just discovered Amber a couple of weeks ago when I was looking for a "light" theme that runs well on a recently purchased Raspberry Pi. Before that I was using Confluence, Aeon Nox and Aeon MQ5, but was never completely happy with any of them.

Not only does it seem to be very fast and light (it seems faster even than Confluence on the Pi) but its simple, clean yet functional and very visually appealing especially the list views and on screen controls. I like it so much I've made it my new theme for my Mac Mini XBMC install as well as the Raspberry Pi, even though the Mac Mini is fast enough to run much heavier themes. (Needless to say Amber really flies on the faster machine)

The only flaw I've ever really noticed is sometimes the "end time" display in the top left corner of the onscreen controls display is too long and overlaps the time from the time slider slightly, although this may only happen with the bigger Arial font.

Now a new problem - I'm not so keen on the default font with all caps on the home screen and most of the list views so I fairly quickly changed to the Arial based font - not only do I find the upper/lower case mix more visually appealing and readable, it seems the font is a bit larger as well - which helps on the smallish screen that one of the xbmc boxes runs on.

That is until last night, when the theme auto-updated from 1.0.9 to 1.1.9. (or is it 1.1.0 ? There seems to be a discrepancy between the changelog and the internal version number)

It seems that the Arial based font is now all caps as well. Sad I'm wondering if this is a bug or whether its a deliberate design change ? The changelog only goes up to 1.1.0 and doesn't mention any font changes over 1.0.9.

If its not a bug, would you consider re-instating some way to disable all caps, at least for the Arial font ? In the mean time I'm going to roll back to 1.0.9, but I don't want to get stuck too far behind the current version.

Thanks. Smile
(2013-11-21, 13:35)DBMandrake Wrote: [ -> ]First I want to say what a fantastic theme Smile

I've used XBMC for over 6 months on a Mac Mini but only just discovered Amber a couple of weeks ago when I was looking for a "light" theme that runs well on a recently purchased Raspberry Pi. Before that I was using Confluence, Aeon Nox and Aeon MQ5, but never really being happy with any of them.

Not only does it seem to be very fast and light (it seems faster than even Confluence on the Pi) but its simple, clean yet functional and very visually appealing especially the list views and on screen controls. I like it so much I've made it my new theme for my Mac Mini XBMC install as well as the Raspberry Pi, even though the Mac Mini is fast enough to run much heavier themes. (Needless to say Amber really flies on the faster machine)

The only flaw I've ever really noticed is sometimes the "end time" display in the top left corner of the onscreen controls display is too long and overlaps the time from the time slider slight, although this may only happen with the bigger Arial font.

Now a new problem - I'm not so keen on the default font with all caps on the home screen and most of the list views so I fairly quickly changed to the Arial based font - not only do I find the upper/lower case mix more visually appealing and readable, it seems the font is a bit larger as well - which helps on the smallish screen that one of the xbmc boxes runs on.

That is until last night, when the theme auto-updated from 1.0.9 to 1.1.9. (or is it 1.1.0 ? There seems to be a discrepancy between the changelog and the internal version number)

It seems that the Arial based font is now all caps as well. Sad I'm wondering if this is a bug or whether its a deliberate design change ? The changelog only goes up to 1.1.0 and doesn't mention any font changes over 1.0.9.

If its not a bug, would you consider re-instating some way to disable all caps, at least for the Arial font ? In the mean time I'm going to roll back to the previous version but I don't want to get stuck too far behind the current version.

I see. I will add non-caps font in the next update. Current repository version is 1.1.9 , Git version is 1.1.10 (at the moment).
(2013-11-21, 13:40)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]I see. I will add non-caps font in the next update. Current repository version is 1.1.9 , Git version is 1.1.10 (at the moment).
Thanks, that would be fantastic! Smile
(2013-11-21, 13:58)DBMandrake Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-21, 13:40)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]I see. I will add non-caps font in the next update. Current repository version is 1.1.9 , Git version is 1.1.10 (at the moment).

It is on Git. ver 1.2.0 (bumped to avoid confusion)

Would be nice I you could test. I use default font and testing fonts in different dialogs is very tedious, especially if you don't use them.
(2013-11-21, 14:14)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-21, 13:58)DBMandrake Wrote: [ -> ]

It is on Git. ver 1.2.0 (bumped to avoid confusion)

Would be nice I you could test. I use default font and testing fonts in different dialogs is very tedious, especially if you don't use them.
Hi, I'd be glad to test it.

I've had a quick look at it and noticed that SourceSansPro font is smaller than Arial was in most of the menus, (like the settings menu) however larger on the home screen and not formatted very well:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7826...0-home.png

Should it be aligned with the bottom edge of the frame or should it be centred as below on 1.0.9 with the Arial font ?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7826...9-home.png
I pecinko....I was waiting for your answer....[/align]
(2013-11-21, 16:51)magico77 Wrote: [ -> ]I pecinko....I was waiting for your answer....[/align]

Sorry, not interested in right side info. Hence, lack of reply.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44