Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Frodo - Support thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Need to make them favourites then they will show up?
This might be a stupid question, but where is the wireless connections menu, specifically on Raspberry Pi using OpenElec. For the life of me I cannot find the wireless connections. I am able to swap to Confluence skin, connect to the network, then swap back to Amber, however trying to explain to someone how to do this is extremely frustrating. There has to be an easier way to access this.
(2014-01-14, 05:05)outtamyway24 Wrote: [ -> ]This might be a stupid question, but where is the wireless connections menu, specifically on Raspberry Pi using OpenElec. For the life of me I cannot find the wireless connections. I am able to swap to Confluence skin, connect to the network, then swap back to Amber, however trying to explain to someone how to do this is extremely frustrating. There has to be an easier way to access this.
It should be under Add-Ons -> Programs like it is for Raspbmc. OpenElec has a customised version of Confluence that adds it to a settings sub menu but it's actually just loading a program add-on.
(2014-01-14, 09:02)DBMandrake Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-14, 05:05)outtamyway24 Wrote: [ -> ]This might be a stupid question, but where is the wireless connections menu, specifically on Raspberry Pi using OpenElec. For the life of me I cannot find the wireless connections. I am able to swap to Confluence skin, connect to the network, then swap back to Amber, however trying to explain to someone how to do this is extremely frustrating. There has to be an easier way to access this.
It should be under Add-Ons -> Programs like it is for Raspbmc. OpenElec has a customised version of Confluence that adds it to a settings sub menu but it's actually just loading a program add-on.

You're probably right. I'll give it a look. Thanks!
(2014-01-14, 09:33)outtamyway24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-14, 09:02)DBMandrake Wrote: [ -> ]

You're probably right. I'll give it a look. Thanks!
Just checked on a test install of OpenElec with Amber and it is indeed under Add-Ons->Programs. You could add it to the Add-On shelf if its something you're having to go into frequently, on my RaspBMC install I've deliberately left the raspbmc settings addon off the Add-On shelf so that less technical members of the house don't go into it and mess things up accidentally Wink
(2014-01-05, 21:35)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Amber 1.3.1 for Frodo on GitHub (Gotham version not available yet)

- lots of visual improvements
- fan art view from Quartz Reloaded
- you can use "I" or directly start playback in gallery view
- gallery is also available in Fanart view with Info
- increased size of some fonts
- non caps fonts added (default + arial)

Happy New Year! Smile

- oh.. and some speed improvements are packed in Wink
Just wanted to say I very much like the improvements in 1.3.1. Smile

Apart from the font size increases Wink I notice a lot of other improvements such as the more visible selection bar, better background colour and font sizes for the "Big List" view, the new fan art view, in fact all the movie / tv show list views seem to look a bit better now. I also like the display of loading percentage - although as I've been running Git versions of the theme for a while now I don't remember if the previous official release had that or not Smile

My only question is when are you planning to push out 1.3.1 to the the main XBMC addon repository ? Are you waiting for a bit more feedback / bug reports from users of the Git version first, or do you plan more changes and another version bump in Git before pushing to the XBMC repository ?
(2014-01-14, 13:17)DBMandrake Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to say I very much like the improvements in 1.3.1. Smile

Apart from the font size increases Wink I notice a lot of other improvements such as the more visible selection bar, better background colour and font sizes for the "Big List" view, the new fan art view, in fact all the

Yup, was waiting on some feedback and have a few minor things in queue. Will update afterwards.

What's with fonts? Too big?
(2014-01-14, 13:30)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]What's with fonts? Too big?

IMHO : Yes Smile Maybe you could provide 2 font sets (regular and big) ?

PS : the big list view is all messed up on my setup (Windows 7 and ATV2, Frodo 12.3 on both). I can provide a screenshot if you want.
(2014-01-14, 13:58)Sabish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-14, 13:30)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]What's with fonts? Too big?

IMHO : Yes Smile Maybe you could provide 2 font sets (regular and big) ?

PS : the big list view is all messed up on my setup (Windows 7 and ATV2, Frodo 12.3 on both). I can provide a screenshot if you want.

Seems much more easier to revert the change back to old code Smile

Re PS: I've pushed some fixes in last few days but didn't bump skin version. Could you update manually and double check. If error is still there post a screen please.
(2014-01-14, 14:02)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Seems much more easier to revert the change back to old code Smile

I'm all for it Wink

(2014-01-14, 14:02)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Re PS: I've pushed some fixes in last few days but didn't bump skin version. Could you update manually and double check. If error is still there post a screen please.

It only seems to happen in 'artists' view (same view for [/quote]movies is fine, just tested it with current git version)

(2014-01-14, 13:30)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, was waiting on some feedback and have a few minor things in queue. Will update afterwards.

What's with fonts? Too big?

No no, you misunderstand my comment. Smile I love the changes to the font sizes, both the ones I submitted for Arial nocaps (of course) and the changes you made to the other font sets as well. (I just noticed you also made the codec info text bold - much easier to read) Sorry for the ambiguity in my comment, it was an attempt at humour suggesting I liked the other changes in the skin as well as the font changes I submitted Wink

Having said that I have noticed one minor problem with Arial nocaps which I did not spot when I was tweaking font sizes - the label width in the Favourites page for titles is a bit too wide so that if adjacent titles are long enough to scroll they almost touch:

My fault for not noticing as I don't usually use the favourites page. I don't think that the fact they scroll is a problem (even a narrower font would still need to scroll for long names) but that there isn't enough gap between the labels for visual clarity. Should be an easy fix ?

There are two other minor bugs I have seen however I believe they may have been there in previous versions as well as they are in areas I have not touched before.

One only occurs if profiles are used - I have the Movies / TV Shows shelves all disabled in settings - however every time you switch profiles they are temporarily visible again (despite the settings being off) until you Reload the Skin. (sub menu under Settings) This had me confused for a while. I don't normally use profiles, but was experimenting with them to support multiple youtube logins.

The other problem occurs if you go to Settings->Advanced->Fast Start, then navigate directly to the left. The orange text on the right hand side will remain over the top of other menus as you switch between other menu pages, for example:

Going up or down before left avoids the problem.

That's all I can find wrong in 1.3.1 using it daily on two machines, everything else I use looks great and works great Smile
I'm having an issue on my raspbmc install, i'm using a mysql shared library; when I first installed amber I noticed the TV shows did not show art like the movies section, i've since reconfigured my sickbeard to download xbmc12+ metadata with posters and my older shows still seem to be blank. Is there a cache of art somewhere? I've got another pi that I will try installing amber on soon but curious if this was a bug with my main install or amber itself?

'scuse the smartphone photo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqrrqt20jdbyzi...rtvart.png

*edit: its doing it on my other pi so presumably there may be some metadata info in the library, i'll backup my library and try nuking it to test...
*edit2: yep looks like its a quirk of the mysql library holding some info on the metadata images, will have to look into where the locations are stored!
Excuse my possible stupidity but is there an option in Amber to 'hide background fanart' as with Confluence?
(2014-01-16, 04:59)schneeb Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having an issue on my raspbmc install, i'm using a mysql shared library; when I first installed amber I noticed the TV shows did not show art like the movies section, i've since reconfigured my sickbeard to download xbmc12+ metadata with posters and my older shows still seem to be blank. Is there a cache of art somewhere? I've got another pi that I will try installing amber on soon but curious if this was a bug with my main install or amber itself?

*edit: its doing it on my other pi so presumably there may be some metadata info in the library, i'll backup my library and try nuking it to test...
*edit2: yep looks like its a quirk of the mysql library holding some info on the metadata images, will have to look into where the locations are stored!

Same problem. is there anyway to force an update on the non-loaded cached poster in the shelves?
(2014-01-16, 16:22)damdam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-16, 04:59)schneeb Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having an issue on my raspbmc install, i'm using a mysql shared library; when I first installed amber I noticed the TV shows did not show art like the movies section, i've since reconfigured my sickbeard to download xbmc12+ metadata with posters and my older shows still seem to be blank. Is there a cache of art somewhere? I've got another pi that I will try installing amber on soon but curious if this was a bug with my main install or amber itself?

Same problem. is there anyway to force an update on the non-loaded cached poster in the shelves?

Problem seems to be on either script.widgets or XBMC side. Refreshing metadata and art for problematic movie/season/episode helps.

(2014-01-16, 15:02)MDUKRPI Wrote: [ -> ]Excuse my possible stupidity but is there an option in Amber to 'hide background fanart' as with Confluence?

Some views does not make sense without fan art and vice versa. You want to have fanart view but without fan art in the background?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44