Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Frodo - Support thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
The blank recently added posters is really starting to bug me now. .. know the work around but would you recommend recommend turning the shelf off until a fix is found or is this not being looked into? I thought it was memory related but happening on both my pis now which are different spec.
Little annoying Bug that's now starting to bug me more :-)
(2014-01-16, 20:45)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-16, 16:22)damdam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-16, 04:59)schneeb Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having an issue on my raspbmc install, i'm using a mysql shared library; when I first installed amber I noticed the TV shows did not show art like the movies section, i've since reconfigured my sickbeard to download xbmc12+ metadata with posters and my older shows still seem to be blank. Is there a cache of art somewhere? I've got another pi that I will try installing amber on soon but curious if this was a bug with my main install or amber itself?

'scuse the smartphone photo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqrrqt20jdbyzi...rtvart.png

*edit: its doing it on my other pi so presumably there may be some metadata info in the library, i'll backup my library and try nuking it to test...
*edit2: yep looks like its a quirk of the mysql library holding some info on the metadata images, will have to look into where the locations are stored!

Same problem. is there anyway to force an update on the non-loaded cached poster in the shelves?

Problem seems to be on either script.widgets or XBMC side. Refreshing metadata and art for problematic movie/season/episode helps.

(2014-01-16, 15:02)MDUKRPI Wrote: [ -> ]Excuse my possible stupidity but is there an option in Amber to 'hide background fanart' as with Confluence?

Some views does not make sense without fan art and vice versa. You want to have fanart view but without fan art in the background?

For me there was some sort of reference to the old metadata in my library (proved by booting up a fresh pi with a mysql library and the same problem) - I ended up wiping my library to confirm this; I've not bothered to go back and work out where these 'orphaned' links exist in the library, if you aren't using a mysql library i've no idea where you'd go to remove them manually.
(2014-01-17, 00:26)schneeb Wrote: [ -> ]For me there was some sort of reference to the old metadata in my library (proved by booting up a fresh pi with a mysql library and the same problem) - I ended up wiping my library to confirm this; I've not bothered to go back and work out where these 'orphaned' links exist in the library, if you aren't using a mysql library i've no idea where you'd go to remove them manually.

See my sig for a utility to manage your texture cache without deleting it (or your media library). Sometimes the nuclear option seems like the best option but if the same problem keeps happening you may eventually want to know why it happens, and also how to fix it without blowing everything away. The utility can usually help with that.
(2014-01-16, 15:02)MDUKRPI Wrote: [ -> ]Excuse my possible stupidity but is there an option in Amber to 'hide background fanart' as with Confluence?

Pecinko: Some views does not make sense without fan art and vice versa. You want to have fanart view but without fan art in the background?

It's more the background art running behind, as in when you open the info window it shows the selected fanart fullscreen...Confluence has an option to turn this off which makes Pis run faster (apparently).
It's strange but if I go into the TV show and refresh info and it looks for the data online then all is well and the covers update on the shelf. But this manual process is a bit annoying and has only recently started to happen. Fresh installs on both devices so maybe something on that?
It worked! Thank you so much! Smile

The only problem is that it doesn't have the same behavior as original "movies" menu. Is it possible?
If not, is it possible at least to set a new background picture?

Thanks again and sorry for the late reply.

(2014-01-13, 19:05)Atinkler Wrote: [ -> ]Need to make them favourites then they will show up?
(2014-01-14, 13:30)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-14, 13:17)DBMandrake Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to say I very much like the improvements in 1.3.1. Smile

Apart from the font size increases Wink I notice a lot of other improvements such as the more visible selection bar, better background colour and font sizes for the "Big List" view, the new fan art view, in fact all the

Yup, was waiting on some feedback and have a few minor things in queue. Will update afterwards.
Sorry, I've spotted another font I missed when I resized the Arial nocaps font - the text under the large icons in the "Icon" view mode for Programs. (The text labels don't appear under Movies, only Programs ?)

They are way too small and narrow in proportion to the other fonts in Arial Nocaps. Do you want me to submit a change as a pull request against the latest git version ? Do you know off hand which font name is used in that location and if it is used anywhere else ? Thanks. Smile
(2014-01-20, 12:29)DBMandrake Wrote: [ -> ]They are way too small and narrow in proportion to the other fonts in Arial Nocaps. Do you want me to submit a change as a pull request against the latest git version ? Do you know off hand which font name is used in that location and if it is used anywhere else ? Thanks. Smile

Please wait until Amber gets updated in XBMC repo (pending).

Are those labels really needed, I actually missed to remove them? Icons are very descriptive and we have a bottom bar in addition.
(2014-01-20, 12:51)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-20, 12:29)DBMandrake Wrote: [ -> ]They are way too small and narrow in proportion to the other fonts in Arial Nocaps. Do you want me to submit a change as a pull request against the latest git version ? Do you know off hand which font name is used in that location and if it is used anywhere else ? Thanks. Smile

Please wait until Amber gets updated in XBMC repo (pending).

Are those labels really needed, I actually missed to remove them? Icons are very descriptive and we have a bottom bar in addition.
If you intended to remove the labels but forgot by all means remove them. Smile As you say the selected icon description is displayed at the bottom and the icon's are quite clear.

I didn't even realise there were any labels on the Icon view as they are not there on Movies / TV Shows etc. I only noticed it by accident on the raspberry pi going to raspbmc settings where the Icon view is the default.
Ok I think it's time to remove the recently added shelf. The posters do not show up anymore and also playing directly from the shelf seems to take a while and sound stars seconds before the visuals appear.
This is all on an sd install of raspbmc
My usb install of raspbmc works fine. So something is amiss with the shelf on the sd install

Edit.
Scrub that it's now happening on the usb install too

It's as if tvdb isn't overriding local data which I assumed it would do? If you do this manually them the poster appears on the shelf
(2014-01-20, 15:23)Atinkler Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I think it's time to remove the recently added shelf. The posters do not show up anymore and also playing directly from the shelf seems to take a while and sound stars seconds before the visuals appear.
My usb install of raspbmc works fine. So something is amiss with the shelf on the sd install.

Debug log first, removal might follow.
(2014-01-20, 15:23)Atinkler Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I think it's time to remove the recently added shelf. The posters do not show up anymore and also playing directly from the shelf seems to take a while and sound stars seconds before the visuals appear.
My usb install of raspbmc works fine. So something is amiss with the shelf on the sd install

Edit.
Scrub that it's now happening on the usb install too

It's as if tvdb isn't overriding local data which I assumed it would do? If you do this manually them the poster appears on the shelf
Recently added works fine for me however I see errors in my xbmc log (see my post #449 on the previous page http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1588382 ) for script.widgets which is the addon which generates the recently added list. I think you'll find the problem lies with the script.widgets addon not with Amber - there is a thread dedicated to script.widgets elsewhere on the forum - assuming you see similar script errors to me perhaps post in that thread to the developer of script.widgets ?
Sorry I meant removal for me.. hope you didn't think I meant remove from the skin! My ability to mess things up by tinkering is probably the cause anyway.
Now how can I get you the De bug log? Yes that's how much I get into it I can't even tell you how to get the log
Undecided
(2014-01-20, 15:33)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
My usb install of raspbmc works fine. So something is amiss with the shelf on the sd install.

Debug log first, removal might follow.
Not sure where this problem lies so I'll post it under the skin I'm using.

I've noticed under TV Shows there are missing posters under recently added - for 3 of the new series I'm watching. I've tried using texturecache.py, redownloading the posters, updating the library etc, nothing seems to display the posters.

Here is a pic of the problem:
http://postimg.org/image/d87kis8jz/

Here's the debug log. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=113361

Update: Reading a few pages seems it seems to be a known problem.
(2014-01-20, 19:30)kl1k Wrote: [ -> ]Update: Reading a few pages seems it seems to be a known problem.

Is/was it this?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44