Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mysql shared on NAS, and NAS powered-off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I should prefer possibility to skip Mysql on start, if unavailable, because some plugins doesn't work on a not-master profile (on a AppleTV 2)
(2013-11-20, 08:17)minoccio Wrote: [ -> ]some plugins doesn't work on a not-master profile (on a AppleTV 2)

Which ones ?
pelisalacarta, sportsdevil
Talk to the addon developers as they must be doing something weird. Maybe writing directly to masterprofile instead of profile.
Problem is only on ATV2; on a Raspberry pi (raspbmc) plugins works in every profile
(2013-09-10, 13:08)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Master profile needs to be the non-MySQL profile, because it will be loaded by default when you see the log-in screen. The MySQL profile should be a secondary profile. That's how I used to set up my laptop.

Going to try this out. It's been a while I was looking for this. Thanks.

(2013-11-20, 08:17)minoccio Wrote: [ -> ]I should prefer possibility to skip Mysql on start, if unavailable, because some plugins doesn't work on a not-master profile (on a AppleTV 2)

Did you get Sportsdevils to work?
I'm wondering if there has been any more innovation on this issue.

I have a multi profile configuration that connects to my File Server which is Running MySQL. it runs 24/7.

In Case of of Down Time for whatever the reason, I would like the KODI to "FailOver" to a secondary profile (master ?) that isn't relent on the MySQL database.
I have PVR services on a separate machine and several Internet Only Add-ons so the system would still be useful.

My Default (not master) profile is for the Kids which logins in automatically, and I have a PIN coded profile for Adults.

How can I configure the Kodi to attempt connection with the Kids profile first and if MySQL doesn't respond 'FailOver' to the Master profile?
Pages: 1 2