Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mysql shared on NAS, and NAS powered-off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I have a shared Mysql library on a Qnap Nas and two AppleTV2 , a Raspberry Pi and an Android Xbmc. My problem is that my Nas is not accessible 24h, and when it is powered-off, Xbmc hang on and doesn't start. My question is: Is there some configuration to maintain actual Nas Mysql library but that permits to start xbmc also with Nas off ?
Thank You
If your NAS can be woken up with "Wake On LAN", then there is an add-on available to send a WOL packet to the NAS when you load XBMC.
Thank you for your help; unfortunately my Nas (Qnap Ts-110) hasn't Wake On Lan Function Sad Sad Sad
Is there some command to put in the advancesettings.xml?
Use a nightly (wiki) or monthly (wiki) build and do this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Auto_wake_on_lan

EDIT: just saw you said your NAS doesn't have wake on lan. Are you sure about that? Besides, how are you going to use the library if the NAS is off? I assume your movies are on there too..
Yes, I am sure that my nas doesn't have the Wake-On-Lan feature. And yes, you are right, most movies are on NAS, but sometimes my wife and daughter need to use XBMC with internal storage or with some streaming plugin....
I looked it up, and it might not even be worth turning it off, considering how power efficient that unit is:

Even if you left it on sleep more for an entire year, that's about the cost of a hamburger.
You're right regards costs. I only wish to leave NAS powered off because I don't need it sometime for 6-7 days and I think to preserve hard disk doing this way...
The TS-110 sleep mode should spin the HDD down, so the platters won't even be moving.

It's a very nice QNAP model. I would trust it to stay on all the time :)

but to each their own.
Sorry, but with latest firmwares it isn't so. When you leave unit in standby it wake-up a lot of times in the day (30 - 40) due to some processes that it is impossible to stop. For this problem all users on qnap official forum (there is a thread with a lot of posts about standby) are adviced to leave NAS always on, unabling standby because continue wakeup limit the life of Hard Disks Smile
Tested with profiles, creating a profile with an advancesettings.xml that doesn't include MySQL address, but I didn't resolve the issue. If the NAS is on, I can choose the profile without shared libraries; if the NAS is off, XBMC hangs on startup screen with xbmc logo, before the screen with profile chosing...
Master profile needs to be the non-MySQL profile, because it will be loaded by default when you see the log-in screen. The MySQL profile should be a secondary profile. That's how I used to set up my laptop.
OK, finally it works Thank you Ned !!!
(2013-09-10, 13:08)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Master profile needs to be the non-MySQL profile, because it will be loaded by default when you see the log-in screen. The MySQL profile should be a secondary profile. That's how I used to set up my laptop.

This is exactly what I have been looking for on my iPAD; to use the MySQL library on my NAS at home, and ignore it when I'm away from home, using local storage.
Just to be clear do you mean I set up 2 profiles - eg "Away" which is master & uses the internal or no library & "At Home" which has the MySQL details for library?

thanks
Correct
Pages: 1 2