Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ubuntu XBMC Samba Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm hoping someone can help me get this problem fixed. I have an ODROID-U2 running Ubuntu 13.04, XBMC 12.2 installed. I have workgroup configured, but i can't see any SMB shares from my windows machine.
From file explorer i can browse through my network, and see all my windows smb shares, but when i try to browse through XBMC, nothing shows up.
My raspberry pi with xbmc has no issue browsing through SMB shares. Please point me in the right direction.

Regards,
Punky
Can you post a log
did you set up and configure a samba server? xbmc itself does only provide a samba _client_
Punky,
I'm having exactly the same issue with the experimental Odroid XBMC version on an X2 running the HK Debian Jessie image, did you find anything meanwhile?
I will post a log tonight.

Thanks - Gé
Yes, I do have a samba server (Synology NAS) and it works perfectly with XBMC on Windows, Linux, ATV and iPad.

Here is the log: debug log

I see no error but no list of workgroups either, there should have been 3 in my case.
Presuming, that there would have been missing libraries/ dependencies, an error would have been shown (Edit: or not?)
Anything else I can check?

Regards - Gé
where did you get the xbmc build from?
it is a build from the hardkernel odroid community. Ovversun, memeka, neagix and koying are working on it.
XBMC 12.2 branch in https://github.com/mdrjr/xbmc
SMB is supposed to be enabled at build time.
does it work if you configure the share manually(i.e. not browsing)?

the only reference to samba in your log is:
OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://
it tried adding one manually, then I get "Cannot allocate memory"

Debug log
it works when I'm logged in as root!!
try adding your user to the samba or sambashare group
sadly there is no samba/ sambashare group.

Regards - Gé