Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Resolved] Show Playlist items/movies instead of playing them.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i am trying to create a command on my remote which shows the movies in the playlist.
Player.Open
[{"file":"C:\\Users\\Admin\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\playlists\\video\\FrenchMovies.xsp"}]

Plays the movie as soon as the playlist is loaded.

But i dont want it to start playing any movie, but instead show the movies(thumbnails) in that playlist.
What do i use?
You need to display your playlist in a Videos window instead:
Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,"special://profile/playlists/video/FrenchMovies.xsp")
I just realized you had posted in the JSON-RPC subforum. While I'm no expert on the subject, I believe the following request should be able to display your playlist:
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method": "GUI.ActivateWindow", "params": { "window": "video", "parameters": [ "special://profile/playlists/video/FrenchMovies.xsp" ] }, "id": 1 }
Thanks Artrafael...
I think you might be very close.. I tried the commands and got an error.

Quote: Error:
{
"code": -32602,
"data": {
"method": "GUI.ActivateWindow",
"stack": {
"message": "Missing parameter",
"name": "window",
"type": "string"
}
},
"message": "Invalid params."
}

I was looking at an old post here, where the user requested something similar, and the member responded to use GetDirectory action, is that true?
however i still need help with the commands.. I program in java and C, but this stuff is new to me, hence i understand the importance of missing out any paranthesis or comma might cause the action to fail.. hence dont want to mess up.

Please guide.
You can test out your request via a web browser if you have the XBMC webserver enabled:
Code:
http://username:[email protected]:port/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method": "GUI.ActivateWindow", "params": { "window": "video", "parameters": [ "special://profile/playlists/video/FrenchMovies.xsp" ] }, "id": 1 }
where username, password and port are as specified on your XBMC webserver settings page, and ip-address is that of your XBMC system.
Thanks so much mod.. your tips helped the author of eventghost plugin xbmc2 repeater to get me in in the right direction.
this is what got me going.

{ "window": "video", "parameters": [ "special://profile/playlists/video/FrenchMovies.xsp" ] }
Thanks for this. However, once I open this playlist and press back to return to where I was, it takes be back through all the folders of the videos. What needs to be added to just take me back to where I was when I pressed the button? I tried to add the ,return but get an error I'm doing it wrong.