Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Clicking present when video playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an issue that has started when I began using the optical out on my XBMC machine, or at least I hadn't noticed it until now. When playing a video, the system makes a continuous series of clicks, as though there was a menu stuck in a loop. Music played doesn't present the clocking, just video. I use an external player (PotPlayer) for video; this is my playercorefactory.xml

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="PotPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>D:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini64.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /autoplay</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule video="true" player="PotPlayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

and I have put up a copy of my xbmc.log file at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83179062/xbmc.log which I made while it was playing a video and exhibiting the clicking sound. The sound is a series of small sharp clicks at maybe two per second. They keep playing with the video paused and go away when it's stopped.

I have only just started using the internal XBMC audio renderer, having used DLNA with XBMC as the host, for which it performs admirably, and the tried and true foobar2k for rendering. That was all good but now I want to use XBMCs internal audio renderer. ATM I have XBMC set to optical out, 5.1 channels, no receiver decode for anything. I've also tried changing those, there really is an optical connection to the receiver, which works great for movies etc.

If I can't get this to work I guess setting up an external audio player is much the same as with a video player? I can see lots of pitfalls with playlists etc though and a lot of lost functionality. The reason for all of this is a wonderful remote programme I found called Yatse, seem to be the best audio controller for XBMC I've found, but it's not DLNA, it's a direct remote for XBMC.

All of that has been another giant leap in functionality for me, marred by this tiny clicking sound, I'd just love to fix it.
Sorry to post back to my own message, but I've managed to at least find a reprieve with this by turning off navigation sounds effects in XBMC. No more clicking and the audio output from the music library is fine.
I have exactly the same problem. Also using external video player (VLC). The workaround also works for me (disabling navigation sounds stops the clicking).

This problem appeared after upgrading from 11.0 to 12.2.