Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SBS/OU 3D auto switch for Sony 3DTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basic 3D features are now available in XBMC nightly. Since frame packed 3D is not yet supported we have to manually change the TV to SBS or OU mode. Sony 3D TV users can use Virtual remote control by falcosoft to change the 3d mode automatically when you select sbs/ou file in xbmc.

1. Download the script from https://app.box.com/s/3tuy0plh9gi89ebjppyc and install using the option 'zip file'

2. Open the addon folder 'script.custom.sonytv3dmode' and double click the Vremote.exe file to start the virtual remote. Make sure that your TV is connected to the network and it appears as DLNA device. Select the TV device from the drop down list. Pair the remote in your TV. Right click the remote control window and 'Register Server'. You can click on a button to see if the remote works. Right click and select 'Get command list' to get a list of commands supported by your TV. Look for the mode3d command. It should look like "AAAAAgAAAHcAAABNAw==". Click the power button to close the remote.

3. Open vremote.js file in notepad and change the time delay and number of times the IRCC command to be send to change the 3D mode to your preferred mode. I use SBS which needs two button clicks.

Code:
vr1.SendIRCC("AAAAAgAAAHcAAABNAw==");
WScript.Sleep(500);
vr1.SendIRCC("AAAAAgAAAHcAAABNAw==");

4. Double click vremote.js and see if the 3D mode is changed.

5. Open default.py in notepad and edit the lines

Code:
if re.search(r'3D', currentPlayingFile, re.I):
                 response = os.startfile("C:\\Users\\baijuxavior\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.custom.sonytv3dmo​de\\vremote.js")

Here r'3D' is the file name condition to detect 3D file. You can add more specific conditions like r'3D.SBS'

6. In XBMC Video settings set the option 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' to 'on start/stop'. This will turn off the 3D mode when you stop playback.

Known problems:

Sometimes the dlna device may get disconnected and the remote control won't work. I don't know what is the actual reason for dlna device getting disconnected.

In windows 8, the js script may not start as it requires administrative rights. You may have to set xbmc to run as administrator and disable the UAC prompt.
This is fantastic and may be what I have been waiting for for ages.

Context - I have a Sony Bravia HX920 and have a Mac Mini attached to it via HDMI running XBMC.

My questions are as follows:

1) Reading the latest nightly announcement, I had hoped that it would detect my HSBS 3D material and send a message to my Sony to switch to HSBS mode (and back after the movie has been played). Is this understanding correct (and if so) what is this script for?

2) Will it also for on OSX or is there any other way to do this?

Thanks in advance!!!
1. XBMC can detect 3D content, but cannot switch TV to 3d mode. For this framepacked 3d support is needed. This addon uses TV network option to switch 3D mode.

2. Not sure about OSX. You may contact falcosoft.
(2013-09-07, 10:04)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]1. XBMC can detect 3D content, but cannot switch TV to 3d mode. For this framepacked 3d support is needed. This addon uses TV network option to switch 3D mode.

2. Not sure about OSX. You may contact falcosoft.

Thanks for your quick reply. I am still a bit lost what the new feature really does. I could play HSBS content before very well. So, what's new? The missing piece is having my TV detec it to switch to HSBS or HOU mode.
3D support means, you can convert SBS/OU to OU/SBS/2D/Anaglyph. In linux version 'Interlaced' mode is also supported which is useful for passive 3DTVs like LG. Also when you play SBS/OU movie, the GUI and subtitles will also switch to SBS/OU so that they can be viewed correctly when TV is switched to SBS/OU mode.
How to use script.custom.sonytv3dmode.zip for OPENELEC Gotham
This works in Windows only.
Can this somehow be done with an LG TV?
I'm not really into all this coding, but maybe some friendly soul out there can make it work.

https://github.com/ubaransel/lgcommander
I think there is a script provided by 'jaaps' for LG TVs in the 3D development thread. Probably you can use it.