Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New Issue (for me) Audio Problems on XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - I have 3 ATV2's running XBMC, running great for past couple years. On one TV that I don't use XBMC often, I tried to watch both a movie and a TV Show off of my NAS today and although the video is fine, the only audio output is a rapid clicking noise. It's only on some files. I tried SD/HD and did not matter - both did it. Both MKV and M4V did it and the only thing that worked so far is AVI. I'm running iOS 4.2.2 (2203) on all 3 TV's and, before the issue, all were running XBMC 12.1 compiled March 17 2013. I upgraded all files on the affected TV through NitoTV and now it's running XBMC 12.2 20130502-32b2a5e compiled May 2 2013. The files are running fine on the other to ATV2's.

The TV that has audio problems is in my Media Room and is the only one that runs 7.1 audio. I have tested audio on DVD and ATV and everything works except XBMC as described above.

Here's the debug log: http://pastebin.com/gSMNfDtN

Any help is appreciated - my special needs son is visiting and we would really like to get it going if possible.

Thanks for all the work on XBMC - we love it!!!
So I figured it out. A few months ago I had to restore this ATV unit, jailbreak it, and reinstall XBMC. When I did this, I forgot to set Audio output on the ATV to 16-bit.
Got the same problem. So far it's happening on mkv files for me. I can play anything on the atv through firecore's media player but in xbmc I get the weird clicking noise on some files. Tried setting the atv to 16bit but no dice as it seems to be an xbmc problem.. Any ideas?
(2013-09-24, 18:50)racerx_ Wrote: [ -> ]Got the same problem. So far it's happening on mkv files for me. I can play anything on the atv through firecore's media player but in xbmc I get the weird clicking noise on some files. Tried setting the atv to 16bit but no dice as it seems to be an xbmc problem.. Any ideas?

To make it easier to troubleshoot your issue, can you start a new thread and include a debug log (wiki) link of when you play one of those movie files?
(2013-09-24, 18:50)racerx_ Wrote: [ -> ]Got the same problem. So far it's happening on mkv files for me. I can play anything on the atv through firecore's media player but in xbmc I get the weird clicking noise on some files. Tried setting the atv to 16bit but no dice as it seems to be an xbmc problem.. Any ideas?

My guess, you have enabled passthrough of AC3 and/or DTS and you don't have a capable reciever.
(2013-09-25, 08:14)Eliah Wrote: [ -> ]

My guess, you have enabled passthrough of AC3 and/or DTS and you don't have a capable reciever.

Yes! That fixed it! It was the pass through of AC3 that was the problem, although I thought it supported Dolby but whatever. Thank you!!